What Are You Currently Learning?

Started by Emtokay, June 06, 2010, 09:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

Quote from: Txuraeyktan on August 09, 2010, 07:32:01 AMthey dont sound very hard but there not very easy.
(yes i saw them live a while back so i like them alot)

I've seen Dragonforce Live, they put on a good show, I just went cause everyone was going
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Jonathan

I am learning a difficult version of Amazing Grace.

Elektrolurch

Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Eaite Randjam

Right now I'm learning to play in the style of John Entwistle, one of the best and most famous rock bassists.  Right now I'm focusing on the three finger technique.  I'll post a video of myself if I can remember to...

bommel

Eyamsiyu

Working on several things all at once (drum-set guy, just fyi):

Working on developing my set teacher's foot technique
shuffle grooves
double-bass work
learning "Thousandfold" by Eluveitie
Improving my heel-toe technique.

That sums it up. :)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on September 04, 2010, 05:49:19 AM
Working on several things all at once (drum-set guy, just fyi):

Working on developing my set teacher's foot technique
shuffle grooves
double-bass work
learning "Thousandfold" by Eluveitie
Improving my heel-toe technique.

That sums it up. :)

Very awesome!

I'm learning this:

Learn the Na'vi Language

'Tsamsiyu

Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

DJ Makto

Going to be re-teaching my hands to play the piano. (Had lessons a very long time ago when I was young and immature)

I'll probably aspire to be able to play Philip Glass' Metamorphosis 1-5.

I love songs/pieces with ostinatos in them.

Emtokay

not learning anything, got writers block  >:( :(
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Tskoswizaw

currently writing a song and learning a song from ( my favorite band ) Dream Theater : Beyond this Life : Scenes from a Memory
GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ShadowMainZERO

Well, I'm thinking about learning how to play either the ocarina, the guitar, or the drums. The drums would be the easiest for me and the guitar would be easier then the ocarina (since my dad knows how to play both quite well an I'm a natural drummer) but the ocarina is the most likely (since I prefer it even though I would have to teach myself).

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Eyamsiyu

ShadowMainZERO, I'd recommend picking up bass.  Music tends to lack REALLY good bassists, and those that are there are usually just guitarists who wish they were playing guitar.  WE NEED MORE FLEAS!!!

I'm now working on something to perform the Recital Series here @ UNCP: Swingin' Shanty.  Play-along track and I'll play along to it... I'll see if I can pepper it with a little Neil-Peart influence here and there. ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch