What is your favorite band, singer, song, genre, etc?

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 15, 2010, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite genre? If you would like to put your favorite song, band, or singer, please post a comment

Alternative
4 (10.8%)
Blues
0 (0%)
Children's Music
0 (0%)
Christian & Gospel
0 (0%)
Classical
1 (2.7%)
Comedy
0 (0%)
Country
0 (0%)
Dance
0 (0%)
Electronic
2 (5.4%)
Hip Hop/Rap
1 (2.7%)
Indie
0 (0%)
Jazz
0 (0%)
Latino
0 (0%)
Metal
14 (37.8%)
Pop
3 (8.1%)
R&B/Soul
0 (0%)
Reggae
1 (2.7%)
Rock
6 (16.2%)
Vocal
0 (0%)
World
1 (2.7%)
Soundtracks
2 (5.4%)
Prog Rock
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

sweardsman

Van Canto IMO is amazing, there version of master of puppets is my fav
rock a capella ftw 8)

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Torukä Nari

Rock! With a little bit of country. (Only a very little bit.) REO Speedwagon, the Eagles, Journey, Nightwish, Breaking Benjamin, a few others.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Rock, not the heavy kind, the easy kind, I dont like all that shouting :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Ateyo te Kellett

Quote from: Torukä Nari on May 05, 2010, 10:07:53 PM
Rock! With a little bit of country. (Only a very little bit.) REO Speedwagon, the Eagles, Journey, Nightwish, Breaking Benjamin, a few others.
yay. another nightwish fan :D

Torukä Nari

Quote from: Ateyo te Kellett on May 06, 2010, 05:48:42 AM
Quote from: Torukä Nari on May 05, 2010, 10:07:53 PM
yay. another nightwish fan :D
Sweet. Recently I've been really enjoying this band called Kamelot, as well as Rhapsody of Fire. But I definitely don't like the rock where it's all screaming. That just grates on my nerves.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Kyle Kepone

Aw, punk rock isn't up there. :'( lol

I got sucked into that genre. My favorite bands are Cobra Skulls (the guy adds Spanish to his lyrics), Black Flag, Minor Threat, the Adicts and a LOT more. :)
Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com

TrayNavi

i listen (and enjoy) damn near every kind of music there is
lately, i've been listening to Army of The Pharaohs, Boston, Alestorm, and Big L.
favorite songs are probably, Prisoner - AOTP, Nancy the Tavern Wench - Alestorm, Fall Back - Big L, Billionaire - Travis McCoy....

If you haven't heard the last go look it up on youtube. NOW.

Kekerusey

Like others here I think you've missed some genre's ... I like what I call "NuMetal" (Three Days Grace, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Atreyu, Filter, Lacuna Coil, Hoobastank, Rise Against, Offspring and so on) but a lot of metal purists reject it as "Metal" (which is what I voted as that was all there was) often inventing insulting patronising names for it like "mallcore"

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Kekerusey (Oe eyawr rutxe) on May 16, 2010, 08:02:43 AM
Like others here I think you've missed some genre's ... I like what I call "NuMetal" (Three Days Grace, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Atreyu, Filter, Lacuna Coil, Hoobastank, Rise Against, Offspring and so on) but a lot of metal purists reject it as "Metal" (which is what I voted as that was all there was) often inventing insulting patronising names for it like "mallcore"

Keke

HOLD ON, There!  Rise Against ≠ nu metal.  Rise Against = hardcore/melodic punk.

Sorry if it comes across strong, but I like Rise Against a lot, and they aren't nu metal.  It's on wikipedia.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Kekerusey

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 16, 2010, 01:10:11 PMSorry if it comes across strong, but I like Rise Against a lot, and they aren't nu metal.  It's on wikipedia.

Maybe, maybe not but wikipedia? Come on dude ... wikipedia is a useful start but it ain't a reliable reference source!

Keke

Eyamsiyu

Just trust me on this: Rise Against isn't Nu Metal.  They are a punk rock band.  If you Google "Rise Against Genre", you can check all the links that you want.  Most likely you won't find one that says nu metal.  You'll find a lot that say hardcore, alternative, and punk rock though.

And I trust Wikipedia because the articles that Wikipedia pulls for its info are reliable sources (The references section), not for what's exactly on the Wikipedia page itself.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Kyle Kepone

Yeah no, as much as I personally didn't like the newest album by RA, I'm gonna have to say they rest firmly behind punk rock. NuMetal can't have 'em.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 16, 2010, 06:25:32 PMJust trust me on this: Rise Against isn't Nu Metal.  They are a punk rock band.  If you Google "Rise Against Genre", you can check all the links that you want.  Most likely you won't find one that says nu metal.  You'll find a lot that say hardcore, alternative, and punk rock though.

Maybe they aren't what you would call nuMetal but I loved 70's punk when it came out (I was into it before it was represented by kids with studs, superglued hair and all that cr**, when it was colourful and not black) & one thing I can tell you is it isn't the punk I know as punk (Pistols, Stranglers, Members, Buzzcocks, X-Ray Spex, Clash, Ruts, Bow Wow Wow etc.) ... nuPunk maybe but not punk. My opinion only!

Keke

Eyamsiyu

Ok, I see where you come from now: you like old skool punk.  If you put it that way I can see what you mean.

... I believe this conflict is resolved...

Another favorite "band": James Horner's Orchestra that worked on Avatar's soundtrack.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 17, 2010, 07:22:51 AMAnother favorite "band": James Horner's Orchestra that worked on Avatar's soundtrack.

Didn't he do "Meet Joe Black"?

Keke

Kyle Kepone

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Fmawntu Anusume on May 17, 2010, 06:21:32 PM
Is "Na'vicore" a good idea or bad?

I can see it now: that chant that the Na'vi are singing to Eywa put to over-distorted guitars and blastbeats..

Kyle Kepone

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 17, 2010, 06:29:57 PM
Quote from: Fmawntu Anusume on May 17, 2010, 06:21:32 PM
Is "Na'vicore" a good idea or bad?

I can see it now: that chant that the Na'vi are singing to Eywa put to over-distorted guitars and blastbeats..

Quote from: Fmawntu Anusume on May 17, 2010, 08:20:06 PM
lol

Funny thing is, you can't see music: I meant to type hear.