What is your favorite band, singer, song, genre, etc?

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 15, 2010, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite genre? If you would like to put your favorite song, band, or singer, please post a comment

Alternative
4 (10.8%)
Blues
0 (0%)
Children's Music
0 (0%)
Christian & Gospel
0 (0%)
Classical
1 (2.7%)
Comedy
0 (0%)
Country
0 (0%)
Dance
0 (0%)
Electronic
2 (5.4%)
Hip Hop/Rap
1 (2.7%)
Indie
0 (0%)
Jazz
0 (0%)
Latino
0 (0%)
Metal
14 (37.8%)
Pop
3 (8.1%)
R&B/Soul
0 (0%)
Reggae
1 (2.7%)
Rock
6 (16.2%)
Vocal
0 (0%)
World
1 (2.7%)
Soundtracks
2 (5.4%)
Prog Rock
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

'Awve Tìkameie

Post any other info here.

My favorite bands:
     Depeche Mode
     New Order
     Camouflage

My favorite Songs:
     The Great Commandment (Camouflage)
     Shellshock (New Order)
     Love is a Shield (Camouflage)
     All Martin Gore Songs (Depeche Mode)
     And many more from the bands listed above
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Favorite Singer - Nana Mizuke    Favorite Song - Eternal Blaze
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

El Jacko

You missed a category -- Prog Rock

Yes is good, Rush is better, Pink Floyd wins the crown for me
Although kinda level with Liquid Tension, Jethro Tull, Spock's Beard and just about every other good prog rock band.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Ezy Ryder

Favorite bands: The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Gypsy Sun and Rainbows, Band of Gypsys, The Rolling Stones, B.B. King and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Ps.:Haven't You missed Rock'n'Roll?

Taronyu Txonyä

Oeyä favourite bands: Agalloch, Ensiferum, Equilibrium & Turisas.

Oeyä favourite songs: A desolation song (Agalloch), Hollow Stone (Agalloch), Victory Song (Ensiferum), Mana (Equilibrium), Rasputin (Turisas).
Feel free to correct my (potentially big) grammatical screw-ups, it will be appreciated! =)
A Swedish tsamsiyu.

FoolsFolly

My Favorite Bands:   
   Tool
   Cruxshadows
   Slipknot

My Favorite Songs:
   Right in Two (Tool)
   Winterborn (Cruxshadows)
   Till We Die (Slipknot)
*Combs mustache with a thoughtful look*

Pie.

Col Quaritch

everthing from the 40's till now (ecpet crap i mean rap) most fav and no im not GAY soundtracks and musical scores behind that would be Newsboys fave all time song of thiers still is Shine, followed closely by I am free my daily mood sets what I listen too so could be sintra to Rob zombie (only when wife isnt home)

Elektrolurch

I try to enumerate all my favorite bands :)

Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Uriah Heep, The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Deep Purple, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Yardbirds, B.B. King, Nirvana, Status Quo, Iron Butterfly, C.C.R., Bob Marley, Louis Armstrong, James Horner ;D, ...

Guitarists are: Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Slash, John Lennon, ...

And the genres are: Heavy Metal, Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Acid Rock, Psychedelic, Art Rock, Space Rock, Blues Rock, Blues, and a bit of Jazz ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Ezy Ryder

More people should listen to that kind of music...

Ps.: Nobody listens to R'n'R? Like Elvis Presley or Chuck Berry?

Elektrolurch

Seems I completely forgot about that ;D I mean RnR and Presley.

Zalorticus

Favorite Bands: Epik High, Drunken Tiger, Skindred, 311, Aphex Twin

Favorite Songs: 8:45 Heaven, One, Uruwashiki Hito, Space Oddity, Windowlicker, Orgrimmar Theme (nerd), Cockney Thug Caspa Remix, Eternal Canon, Chocolate Orange, and some others...
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Akamy

Chanur

There are too many good songs out there to pick a fav but my alltime favourite group is still
CLANNAD :)

Ateyo te Kellett

Symphonic Metal:
Nightwish

Gothic Metal:

Within Temptation

Tsamsiyu92

Metal, or more spefific, Power metal, because that's all i listen to.

My fav bands are: Freedom Call, Blind Guardian, RavenHeart, Tyr, DragonForce and Sabaton.

Emtokay

hmmm
Favorit bands: METALLICA, AC/DC, Kiss, Rhapsody(of fire), Cradle Of Filth, The Doors, Creed, Alter Bridge, Slayer, Dragon, Ensiferum, Van Halen, Meatloaf, Ace Frehley, Chickenfoot, David Lee Roth Band, Diesel, Dream Theater, Eagles, Queensryche

Genres: Baroque Classical, Symphonic Metal, Fantasy Metal, Viking Metal, Power Metal, Thrash Metal, thats my favorites but ill listen to anything you got

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Eyamsiyu

since i can't actually vote...

Genres: Metal, Jazz, and Electronica (specifically Drum 'n Bass).

Favorite Bands: As I Lay Dying, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Nerve.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Kxeyo

Well, I'm actually the first person who voted for world. The problem was to decide was I really like the most, and, well, there doesn't really exist a genre I like the most. I rather would only have genres I dislike, but that's something different, I think.
I don'nt know why actual world music, but different cultures always interested me and through Avatar I got even more into the material. About 50% of the music I'm listening to went instrumental and it gets more and more every day. The most stuff are movie soundtracks. Even though, I voted for world. It's because of the fact that when I think of stuff by Adiemus or Mike Oldfield, I can see parallels to stuff like the Avatar OST and that one deals a lot with culture. Anyone got some good folk stuff out there? Please tell me if you know some.  ;D

P.S.: I think I'll better add some stuff like the others, so...

Favorite Genres (prepare for a long list) : Classic Rock/Metal, Progressive Rock, Blues, Electro (no Techno or something, I'm talking 'bout Electro!), Ambient, Folk, World (of course), Classical and Soundtracks (especially Scores!)

Favorite Bands (not all of them are bands, though!) : Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Sonata Arctica, Pink Floyd, Gogol Bordello, Jean Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield

Wow, that was a long post!  ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Torture Killer

My favourite gernes are Doom metal, Black metal, (brutal) death metal 'n thrash metal. (+ i like to listen to enya)
but my favourite gerne is athmospheric/melodic death doom metal <-- :D

bands i love: Agalloch, Swallow the sun, Six feet under, Torture killer, Werewolf, Coldworld

bands i like: Behemoth, Salyer, Slumber, Stone, Mokoma, Bloodbath, Cannibal corpse, Leviathan, Norther, Testament, Sepultura, Sodom, Pantera, Death, Opeth, Death, Lamb of god, Naplam death, Godgory, Nuclear assault, Sotajumala (eng. wargod), Celtic frost, Arch enemy, Carcass, Deathchain, Gallileous, Enya, Funeral mourning, Dark funeral, Dodsferd, Holy moses, Dimmu borgir, Morbit angel, autopsy, Municipal waste, Norther, Children of bodom, Nostalgie, Rain paint, Aarni, Satanic warmaster, Stam1na, Starlevel, Terrorizer, Unsun, Vomitory, Nokturnal mortum, Mayhem, Evile, Keep of kalessin, Sirenia, The zombi, Kotiteollisuus, Amon armath, In flames, Nile, Kiuas, Tarot and the list continues... (cant think up anymore)
How many can u regonize from the list above? ;D
hmm, cant think of anything to put in na'vi here :/

Elektrolurch

I think I definitely fell in love with Black Sabbath, they're wonderful. :)