Your Favorite Soundtrack

Started by Hufwe ta'em, November 07, 2010, 11:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

ok, i now have to say that my favorite soundtrack is the tron soundtrack
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Kekerusey

Leaving aside "Avatar" (which I have listened to more than any other soundtrack I own therefore, presumably, like that one most) I'd have to say "Star Wars" (all of them) because the music is magnificent (pretty much like anything John Williams has done for films).

Other favourites are "Titanic", "Gladiator" and "Meet Joe Black".

EDIT: Another couple of favourites that I still listen to now but don't know if you'd call soundtracks as such are "Babylon 5" (Christopher Franke as I recall) and music from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" (I have 3 CD's including the excellent, "Once More With Feeling"). The latter is what inspired me to switch away from Dance music which I was pretty much beginning to hate due to electro, garage and rap.

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Kì’onga Vul

Quote from: Eyawng te Klltepayu on January 24, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
2001. Even the Ligeti tracks.

Oh, Ligeti...

Anyway, I'd have to say Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Or, a close second: Sondheim's Into the Woods
學而時習之!
Did I make an error you just can't stand to let survive?  Please, correct me!  I'll give you candy or something.

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Kì'onga Vul on January 27, 2011, 07:04:22 PM
Quote from: Eyawng te Klltepayu on January 24, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
2001. Even the Ligeti tracks.
Anyway, I'd have to say Rocky Horror Picture Show.

RHPS!!!

I don't have a favorite soundtrack, per se—i mean, easily half my CDs are film soundtracks.  But anything by John Williams, Elliot Goldenthal, Hans Zimmer...  I've also recently acquired a taste for Murray Gold's work on Doctor Who.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on January 27, 2011, 01:04:04 AM
ok, i now have to say that my favorite soundtrack is the tron soundtrack

Im enjoying that one a lot myself actually... lol it's been one of those cases where, weeks after seeing the movie, I realize "wow that was actually really good."
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...