A human return to Pandora

Started by kintìomum, January 27, 2010, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kintìomum

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 19, 2010, 09:49:18 AM
And I like what you said about leaving problems behind on Earth. There's no place to hide/start over like a different planet.
Especially when the problem either needs to hire at a corp, proof it's worth to them and get a place on an ISV to catch up with you.
Or the problem needs a very large bank account to pay for the SLT. But a "You're a jerk, never dare to come back"-scream somehow doesn't get the message over when it's delivered in plain text, no?

On the human return:
Yes, humans will return, they are terribly stubborn (as someone, I think it might have been Kaltxì, pointed out before) when they think they are right.
It's a good choice to place even bets on wether it's RDA or just some folks who leased a ship from the RDA to arrive with the next ship starting from Earth. But for the moment the odds are high for the ISVs being en route loaded with the standard replacement crew, hand picked by the RDA department of exploitation colonization.
As shown earlier: it makes no sense to have an ISV just hanging in orbit and produce nothing except bills. These giants need to move or they are very expensive orbital junk without purpose...
My guess for Avatar 2 is that they start with internal problems the Omatikaya face and somewhere in the very end we see Jake and Neytiri looking up into the night sky of Pandora to see a new star move in position...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: kintìomum on February 19, 2010, 11:03:41 AM

And I like what you said about leaving problems behind on Earth. There's no place to hide/start over like a different planet. "And there's no place like Pandora for a fresh start!"
Edited by the department of public relations, intern lieutenant junior grade P.F. Johnson, Toledo, Ohio sub-branch office.

Especially when the problem either needs to hire at a corp, proof it's worth to them and get a place on an ISV to catch up with you.
Or the problem needs a very large bank account to pay for the SLT. But a "You're a jerk, never dare to come back"-scream somehow doesn't get the message over when it's delivered in plain text, no?
Edited by the department of public relations:
The above text should read SuperLuminal Transmissions are a wonder of RDA technology, and while convenient, they are costly, and therefore reserved to promote and boost employee morale. We are implementing new upgrades in the near future which will include emoticons  :)  :D  :o  and bold face and italic face fonts to help clarify emotions expressed over light-years of distance. We know you will enjoy these new features.

On the human return:
Yes, humans will return, they are terribly stubborn (as someone, I think it might have been Kaltxì, pointed out before) when they think they are right. It's a good choice to place even bets on wether it's RDA or just some folks who leased a ship from the RDA to arrive with the next ship starting from Earth. But for the moment the odds are high for the ISVs being en route loaded with the standard replacement crew, hand picked by the RDA department of exploitation colonization. Edited by the department of public relations:
The department of Resource procurement and the betterment of "quality of life" for all humans, and our new friends, the nai'Ve. We look forward to working hand in claw with our new crustaceous counterparts from the ocean world of Pandora. We want them to know that pink, white, brown, even blue skin, which they obviously derive from their aquatic lifestyle, is welcome and respected on Earth. Or, as our new friends on Pandora might say, "Ee-rye-oh my smut-kan!" Well, ee-rye-oh to you too, blue-skinned, skong! It is our pleasure to meet you!

As shown earlier: it makes no sense to have an ISV just hanging in orbit and produce nothing except bills. These giants need to move or they are very expensive orbital junk without purpose...
My guess for Avatar 2 is that they start with internal problems the Omatikaya face and somewhere in the very end we see Jake and Neytiri looking up into the night sky of Pandora to see a new star move in position...
[/size]
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Txonyä'ite

Any company that would give 3 font options and emoticons for its SLT transmissions must be alright. Where do i sign?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 19, 2010, 02:46:44 PM
Any company that would give 3 font options and emoticons for its SLT transmissions must be alright. Where do i sign?
WIN!!!
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

kintìomum

Quote from: Kaltxì palulukan(snip)our new friends, the nai'Ve.
To bad that I don't buy this to be a simple case of wrong pronounciation...
Harr, propagunda at it's best.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: kintìomum on February 20, 2010, 02:34:00 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì palulukan(snip)our new friends, the nai'Ve.
To bad that I don't buy this to be a simple case of wrong pronounciation...
Harr, propagunda at it's best.
I was wondering if that joke was too subtle. It looks like a typo, but it is meant to imply the Freudian slip of an RDA junior exec.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

There is a reason I am R/L Tsahik

I SAID THIS A MONTH AGO!!:

JC just told the LA Times in an interview.

"Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment — a different setting within Pandora," he said. "And I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rain forest."

(ahem... I told you so I told you so... no one wanted to listen but I told you so)

Okay, so enough of that. It just makes sense, both in JC's fascination with the oceans of teh world, and how the RDA can (attempt to) extract unobtanium and avoid those pesky Na'vi.

Thots?

Niwantaw

they might try the armoured assault meathord

aka multiple dragon gunships,Tanks and half-decent guns
Only mostly AWOL.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

but you see, that would just be a "round 2."

...which I could potentially see the RDA doing (but they would have to manufacture the assault vehicles on a nearby moon. The beauty of underwater adventures is that you could feasibly stare out with a modified shuttle, or kunsip. (A LOT of modifications, mind you--but that far out in space, you need to work with what you have on hand to establish a "beach head."

But JC would never do a "round two." look at what he did with Terminator.

Niwantaw

good point.

maybe something like a Bio-weapon?
(a virus? or some form of creature?)
Only mostly AWOL.

El Jacko

I reckon they'll try to avoid major conflict for a few years. War that far away from resupply/reinforcements is unwise when your chance of victory is slim.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: El Jacko on April 22, 2010, 09:32:04 AM
I reckon they'll try to avoid major conflict for a few years. War that far away from resupply/reinforcements is unwise when your chance of victory is slim.

There is always Eywa (heh heh...)

er... assuming that her awareness extends underwater, to include plant life. Her "signal transduction" is from tree to tree, but she seems to have sway over the animals.

kintìomum

As the ASG says: "there are rifts of floating seaweed dotting the oceans" (p. 4 or 5).
Maybe these are Eywas listening posts for the oceanside.
What do you think? How are the odds on every sea animal having a queue as well?
If so this should give Eywa a pretty good overview of the happenings 20.000 leagues under the waves :)

Coyote

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 21, 2010, 06:47:27 PM
good point.

This brings new momentum to the line used in the other famous Cameron epic:

"The Company wants one for their bioweapons division. They were going to bring it back once one of us was... impregnated. Whatever you call it."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Coyote on May 07, 2010, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 21, 2010, 06:47:27 PM
good point.

This brings new momentum to the line used in the other famous Cameron epic:

"The Company wants one for their bioweapons division. They were going to bring it back once one of us was... impregnated. Whatever you call it."

Oh man , don't spin the Alien series into Avatar, please no.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Coyote

There's a lot of potential for crossover, though. Heheheh....
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Quote from: Coyote on May 07, 2010, 04:04:27 PM
There's a lot of potential for crossover, though. Heheheh....
Yeah, there is...but please no....

<LOL. 1111 posts.

LearnNavi Forums:

Mandalore

Based on what I know about Humans, I believe it is safe to say that they will return but in much larger numbers. I doubt the Humans will make the same mistake of underestimating the Na'vi and will probably get the element they first came for. I do not know much about the Na'vi culture but I assume they will not act kindly towards the Humans which will most likely lead to their downfall.

Quote from: Mandalore on June 02, 2010, 01:39:21 PM
Based on what I know about Humans, I believe it is safe to say that they will return but in much larger numbers. I doubt the Humans will make the same mistake of underestimating the Na'vi and will probably get the element they first came for. I do not know much about the Na'vi culture but I assume they will not act kindly towards the Humans which will most likely lead to their downfall.

Thats always what happens though. I hope James won't just stick with the movie norm.

LearnNavi Forums:

Kyle Kepone

Well, then you have a problem. It would be stereotypical for Cameron to make it so that the humans come back to Pandora in greater numbers and totally, like, kick Na'vi ass. And it would also close off the possibility for a third movie, which we know he wants to do. But it would also be stereotypical (now, anyway) for him to make it so the Na'vi totally, like, kick human ass. Avatar fans don't want to see the same movie two different times, especially not when he's set the bar so high. Avatar-goers aren't gonna be lining up at the box office for a Transformers-esque craptastic sequel.

So, what does that mean?

Well, we know that there are other tribes of Na'vi on Pandora, aside from Omatikaya. And now that the humans are gone, and Jake isn't Toruk Makto anymore, could it be assumed that the second movie will revolve around an indigenous war, rather than one between species? I know it's all speculation, but based on Native indigenous history in real life, we know that a warlike people will fight wars, regardless of how they feel about their environment.

Anyway, my guess is, the humans won't have as big of a role in the second movie.
Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com