Banshee Call?

Started by Meynari Ke'nawm, November 02, 2010, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meynari Ke'nawm

I was wondering, if it's possible to make the awesome sounds of the alveolar flap, (rr) does any of you know how to make the sound Neytiri makes when she calls to Seze? HOW?!?!?! ???
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

Ekirä

It's a pretty exotic noise. :D

As far as I know, it's impossible for a human to make that exact sound. I'm guessing that only the Na'vi are able to do that, although it would be pretty cool if humans could too......but I'm pretty sure that it's just a computer generated effect.

Meynari Ke'nawm

Quote from: Ekirä on November 02, 2010, 07:46:24 PM
It's a pretty exotic noise. :D

As far as I know, it's impossible for a human to make that exact sound. I'm guessing that only the Na'vi are able to do that, although it would be pretty cool if humans could too......but I'm pretty sure that it's just a computer generated effect.

Yeah... ur right, but i need to listen to it again...
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

'Oma Tirea

It sounds a lot like an Eagle's short screech.  It works best when you do it using a high-pitched and brief falsetto :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ku'rända

Quote from: Ekirä on November 02, 2010, 07:46:24 PM

As far as I know, it's impossible for a human to make that exact sound.

There are a -lot- of sounds made by humans that most of us consider impossible to make, so I think it's possible.

Give us a chance, MORON!

Kamean

Quote from: Meynari on November 02, 2010, 07:28:08 PM
I was wondering, if it's possible to make the awesome sounds of the alveolar flap, (rr) does any of you know how to make the sound Neytiri makes when she calls to Seze? HOW?!?!?! ???

Yes, it possible.  :)

I can doo it. ;)

How?

You must pronounce the sound between "ä" and "i" like an ejective ( kx, px, tx ). Then i make it my mouth motions was as Neytiri's in the movie. So in my opinion Z.Saldana really make this sound.

For option: Russian, Latvian and Spanish "r" - are trilled and Russian "r" often pronounced almost like Na'vi "rr".    
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Kamean on November 03, 2010, 05:30:27 PM
You must pronounce the sound between "ä" and "i" like an ejective ( kx, px, tx ). Then i make it my mouth motions was as Neytiri's in the movie. So in my opinion Z.Saldana really make this sound.

True that it is a bit of a pressed voice, although I would probably descrive the vowel quality to be more open (Na'vi "a!" sound).

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I'm going to sound very unknowing, but.. what is that call actually? I'm not sure I've got in mind the exact call you're talking about. :) When does Neytiri make it?

Ekirä

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on November 04, 2010, 10:23:47 AM
I'm going to sound very unknowing, but.. what is that call actually? I'm not sure I've got in mind the exact call you're talking about. :) When does Neytiri make it?

It's when she first brings Jake up into the branches of Kelutral. He's admiring the view when she makes the first call, he looks up and she makes the second call. A couple seconds after, Neytiri's ikran descends from the branches in response.

Sireayä mokri

I was wondering about it myself and I do think it's possible, although I am unable to do it :)
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Hufwe ta'em

Do you mean the meowing she does, Avatar - extrait #2 - HD -

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Ekirä on November 04, 2010, 10:28:35 AM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on November 04, 2010, 10:23:47 AM

It's when she first brings Jake up into the branches of Kelutral. He's admiring the view when she makes the first call, he looks up and she makes the second call. A couple seconds after, Neytiri's ikran descends from the branches in response.

OHH okay, I see :D
It's such an incredible sound, I'd so like to be able to do it! :O

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Does any one have a clip of it cuz I can't find it on youtube... Is it int he trailer?

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on November 04, 2010, 12:23:35 PM
Does any one have a clip of it cuz I can't find it on youtube... Is it int he trailer?
In video click play then click the link watch in youtube

Kamean

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on November 04, 2010, 12:55:26 PM

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on November 04, 2010, 10:47:06 AM

You may simply click on the "Avatar - extrait #2 - HD -" under the picture.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: Kamean on November 04, 2010, 04:05:59 PM
Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on November 04, 2010, 12:55:26 PM

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on November 04, 2010, 10:47:06 AM
hummm very clever :P

You may simply click on the "Avatar - extrait #2 - HD -" under the picture.

Syaron

I ,too can approximate the sound. I like to sue it on my cats. It is an ejective from the throat in my case. Maybe it is a female voice thing. I can also easily do the sound Neytiri makes when she dives off Hometree with Zeze. I think it is maybe a female or higher voice register thing. I think it is Zoe Seldana's natural voice too. Not digitally enhanced.

Syaron
Shara

Pino

Quote from: Kamean on November 03, 2010, 05:30:27 PM

Yes, it possible.  :)

I can doo it. ;)

How?

For option: Russian, Latvian and Spanish "r" - are trilled and Russian "r" often pronounced almost like Na'vi "rr".   

I want to see the ikran call on video. To see if it is possible for humans to reproduce the sound. If you decide to reproduce the ikran call sound, please explain how in your video.

Kì'eyawn

I can do the ikran call thing, too—and yeah, female.  But i think a guy could do it in falsetto.

If i had to try to write it nìNa'vi, i'd say it's 'a'—the way i do it, it's a short, high pitch that begins and ends with a glottal stop.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Ku'rända

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on November 06, 2010, 10:14:49 PM
I can do the ikran call thing, too—and yeah, female.  But i think a guy could do it in falsetto.

If i had to try to write it nìNa'vi, i'd say it's 'a'—the way i do it, it's a short, high pitch that begins and ends with a glottal stop.

A new letter is born!  äx! X)

Give us a chance, MORON!