Kissing :)

Started by Chris92, March 07, 2010, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

OME I just LOLD

(I hope they are not that would be mega awkward).

Eywa ngahu.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Na'ríng Tsmuke

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on March 12, 2010, 07:51:27 PM
OME I just LOLD

Eywa ngahu.

think about it,
when Jake first rolls out of the shuttle (in his wheelchair) 3 soldiers look at him and one says, 'Hey look','Meals on wheels'. :)
xX- Her Name Is Written On A Polished Rock;
                                A Broken Heart That The World Forgot -Xx

Zefanaya

Quote from: Na'ríng tsmuke on March 13, 2010, 07:05:41 PM
OME I just LOLD

Eywa ngahu.

think about it,
when Jake first rolls out of the shuttle (in his wheelchair) 3 soldiers look at him and one says, 'Hey look','Meals on wheels'. :)
could they not also be referring to the animals on Pandora, and humans tend to view less advanced peoples as savages, but personally I think Wheemfly and the other soldier were referring to the animals on Pandora as on the 2007 script, Humans have a hard time keeping those animals away.

Eywa ngahu

Na'ríng Tsmuke

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on March 13, 2010, 11:46:19 PM
Quote from: Na'ríng tsmuke on March 13, 2010, 07:05:41 PM
OME I just LOLD

Eywa ngahu.

think about it,
could they not also be referring to the animals on Pandora, and humans tend to view less advanced peoples as savages, but personally I think Wheemfly and the other soldier were referring to the animals on Pandora as on the 2007 script, Humans have a hard time keeping those animals away.

Eywa ngahu

sorry,
I should put in brackets when saying things 'tongue - in - check' ::)
xX- Her Name Is Written On A Polished Rock;
                                A Broken Heart That The World Forgot -Xx

delen66

hello to everybody!
first, let me congartulate myself on entering your wonderful community! I'm a biginner... don't be too strict to me :)

i've thought lots on kissing. this is not in their habits - 1) they are quite tender towards their kids-we see this in some scenes-they hug, stroke..etc but no kisses; 2) they usually touch one to draw one's attention or to demonstrate personal treatment..-sometning like this, i guess.

Neitiri easily goes into kissing just having known about this 'traditianal sign of love' - she has attanded Grace's school where she wrote novel, sonets by Shakspire or other books. Grace said they know 'lie' from our books - they know our love with all attributes from them also.

Jakes birthday - she kisses his eyes as she feels like there in the willow line in first love connectin - she even wears the same special things on her arms, neck...and wears her hair that special way.. so the kisses were a special message to Jake to help him return to her by awaking those feelings etc.

do they need kisses? do they need anything to demonstrate feelings, thoughts...? they do tsaheilu!!! that replace all signs and hints and demonstration.
does this sound well?

Zefanaya

Quote from: delen66 on March 14, 2010, 01:29:49 PM
hello to everybody!
first, let me congartulate myself on entering your wonderful community! I'm a biginner... don't be too strict to me :)

i've thought lots on kissing. this is not in their habits - 1) they are quite tender towards their kids-we see this in some scenes-they hug, stroke..etc but no kisses; 2) they usually touch one to draw one's attention or to demonstrate personal treatment..-sometning like this, i guess.

Neitiri easily goes into kissing just having known about this 'traditianal sign of love' - she has attanded Grace's school where she wrote novel, sonets by Shakspire or other books. Grace said they know 'lie' from our books - they know our love with all attributes from them also.

Jakes birthday - she kisses his eyes as she feels like there in the willow line in first love connectin - she even wears the same special things on her arms, neck...and wears her hair that special way.. so the kisses were a special message to Jake to help him return to her by awaking those feelings etc.
{i cut out what i was not using}

I agree, it has long been my theory that Neytiri learned of kissing from Grace (purposely or from earth literature), I beleive that the Na'vi do need ampi, to show safety to children, and it is a way of connecting as Tsaheylu is the most intemant, and strongest possible connection (when connected with other Na'vi, it is merely used to control when connected with animals such as Pa'li or Ikran), so touch would be important to just have touch to show emotion with someone you don't want to make tsaheylu with, or when you don't have time or on the mood for that kind of connection

Eywa ngahu.

Tsu'roen

Quote from: delen66 on March 14, 2010, 01:29:49 PM
hello to everybody!

do they need kisses? do they need anything to demonstrate feelings, thoughts...? they do tsaheilu!!! that replace all signs and hints and demonstration.
does this sound well?

Sounds perfect to me! ;D
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Chris92

Wow, I took a few days off and see that this really took off.  Like it's been said, without word from the almighty ones, anything is possible.  But so far, aside from the discussion on DNA and hormones which I pretended I could keep up with, I think the possibility that kissing, if not native to Na'vi in the first place, was learned from Dr. Augustine's school.  Neytiri DID seem like a natural though, like it wasn't really anything new, so if it was new to her - as in, learned from the school - then I think it would've been more awkward for her than it looked like it was.  Going out on a limb here (more so), if they mate for life, then that removes the sort of practice that humans for the most part have before they settle down to marry, which is our not very permanent form of their mating for life.  Or, on the flip side, maybe they DO have experience by the same sort of system, or something similar to ours.  OR maybe it was just the Na'vi that had learned from Grace's school.  Lots of possibilities.

Tsu'roen

I'm just not sure the Na'vi would have any urge to adopt any tawtute behavior or practice however pleasant or useful it may be. That would be like admitting the humans are at least in some way superior to themselves and their believes. Not gonna happen ...
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 14, 2010, 09:21:16 PM
I'm just not sure the Na'vi would have any urge to adopt any tawtute behavior or practice however pleasant or useful it may be. That would be like admitting the humans are at least in some way superior to themselves and their believes. Not gonna happen ...

That would be pretty hypocritical considering we see them criticizing human scientists for being too ethnocentric.

Chris92

Well as we saw, some humans were more open than others just as the Na'vi would be.  It's just natural to be apprehensive toward something aliens do.  But, it happened, and here we are.

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Chris92 on March 15, 2010, 05:40:26 PM
Well as we saw, some humans were more open than others just as the Na'vi would be.

That was my point. Surely they would apply the same scrutiny to themselves that they did to the human scientists and not ignore human behaviors and practices outright.

Zefanaya

I do believe that the Na'vi would be weary of adopting any human behavior, but I stand by my theory that the humans becoming something to fear or hate only started within 10-20 years before the movie was shot, if I am right than the Na'vi may have adopted some human rituals (very slowly and only a few Na'vi at a time). The Na'vi are a peaceful (for the most part) people, and try to avoid conflict, if they saw a viable way they could live with the humans ('cause that would ever happen there is no way they would let the tawtute destroy land (part of the great mother if you will)) they would seek it out(<--speculation), I once again fall back on a line from the 2007 script
QuoteA scientist stays objective -- we can not
be ruled by emotion. But I poured ten years of my life into that school. They called me sa'atenuk. Mother.
- Dr. Grace Augustine. This show's me that over time the Na'vi (or at least the young hunters and 'eveng) grew to like the non-military personal of the RDA mission, falling back on my other theory, that there was an early expedition backed by RDA but with little military presence so over the 6 years (possibly longer using less advanced space technologies) that it would take for more people to show up, the Na'vi would have a chance to get to know a fairly peaceful minded people, who wanted to learn about them not destroy all that they held dear (<----massive speculation). (chaning the fell of this post) another line from the '07 script says:
QuoteHe puts his face close to hers. She rubs her cheek against his. He kisses her on the mouth. They explore each other.
Then she pulls back, eyes sparkling.
NEYTIRI Kissing is very good. But we have
something better.
(this show's that Jake did the kissing and Neytiri putting into practice what she had learned, merely followed his lead)
also one which only slightly applies here:

QuoteJAKE Neytiri, you know my real body is far
away, sleeping. She raises up, placing her fingertips to his chest --
NEYTIRI
This body is real. (she touches his forehead)
This spirit is real. Her eyes are luminous, honest, infinitely deep.
NEYTIRI When I was first your teacher, I hated
all Sky People. But you have also taught
me. Spirit is all that matters.
(this show's me that she would not really feel awkward (she could but we wont ever really know all the feeling of those around us) as this was love not only on the physical level but love on a spiritual level, it seems to me that the Na'vi put a little of their spirit into everything they do.) )

just my 2 cents hope it helps.

script and all quotes from it courtesy of: 20th Century Fox.

Eywa ngahu niwotx ma aytsmukan ulte aytsmuke, sì poe' ayhawnu niwotx tirey.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Man, I really wish they would have kept those scenes in, then all the critics could suck it when complaining about no depth.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on March 15, 2010, 09:48:50 PM
Man, I really wish they would have kept those scenes in, then all the critics could suck it when complaining about no depth.

Why do critics matter?

ON-TOPIC: Lets say for the sake of discussion... Kissing is probably a part of the Na'vi only because of human influences?  Then who kissed a Na'vi first?
私は太った男だ。

Zefanaya

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 15, 2010, 10:29:22 PM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on March 15, 2010, 09:48:50 PM

Why do critics matter?

ON-TOPIC: Lets say for the sake of discussion... Kissing is probably a part of the Na'vi only because of human influences?  Then who kissed a Na'vi first?
good question...will probably never be answered, It is a possibility that the Na'vi learned it just from literature or seeing a human kiss another, or (and why I had not thought of this sooner, maybe Grace kissed a Na'vi child good bye one day (they did call her sa'nok (probably because she cared for/about them)) it would not be a kiss on the lips but just on the forehead, which then triggered the question, what was that you just did (possibly Neytiri asking this question, as she attended Grace's school with the younger one's. Wonder what Project 880 has to say (if it is not illegal to get, would someone please tell me where I can get a copy of it for comparison sake).

*off topic: I agree those scenes should have been kept, but I really don't care what the critics say, and they really can't talk the movie made 2.4 (possibly 2.6 i have not checked recently) billion dollars(US).

hope it help's.
Eywa ngahu.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I personally believe kissing would have been part of the Na'vi culture before the humans showed up. Like someone said earlier, it would have been awkward for Neytiri if it wasn't a normal part of the Na'vi culture, even if she had heard from it from Grace.

Grace is pretty much the only human allowed close contact with the Omatikaya so if it wasn't a normal part than Grace would be having to teach them herself...weird.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Tìrey Tsmukan

wows, so many good ideas.  ;D personally I'm feeling that it is a mixture of all the ideas that have been thrown out there, so I'll meld them and make a picture.

Before the humans arrived to Pandora I can guarantee that they had something similar to kissing.
Quotethey put there heads together (nose to nose) and breathe in air together while holding each other.
so there's that, then once the humans arrived, I'm thinking I agree with Tìrey Hawnuyu
QuoteThis show's me that over time the Na'vi (or at least the young hunters and 'eveng) grew to like the non-military personal of the RDA mission, falling back on my other theory, that there was an early expedition backed by RDA but with little military presence so over the 6 years (possibly longer using less advanced space technologies) that it would take for more people to show up, the Na'vi would have a chance to get to know a fairly peaceful minded people, who wanted to learn about them not destroy all that they held dear
so then Dr. Augustine started to teach the Na'vi of human ways, creating a cultural connection. which Neytiri grew up in. that is until the RDA appeared into the picture.
All Na'vi believe greatly in the spirit, so it would make sense that Neytiri would learn to understand Jake's connection through the uplink. perhaps not in a scientific form but more of a spiritual sense. as it were.

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on March 16, 2010, 12:02:32 AM
I personally believe kissing would have been part of the Na'vi culture before the humans showed up. Like someone said earlier, it would have been awkward for Neytiri if it wasn't a normal part of the Na'vi culture, even if she had heard from it from Grace.

Grace is pretty much the only human allowed close contact with the Omatikaya so if it wasn't a normal part than Grace would be having to teach them herself...weird.
Grace wouldn't have been the only people at first if what Tìrey Hawnuyu was saying is right. They could have learned about it from books, or something.

so there's a picture that I think makes the most sense, this seems to be a much more long term thing than I would have thought. but you don't send in the miner's with the explorers. not until you know what you're dealing with, which Parker Selfridge still didn't. which is why it turned into a s*** fight. *sigh*

anyway, mull it over. Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

While in theory you could learn kissing from a book, I'm sure all of us here remember our first kiss and it certainly wasn't as smooth as Neytiri XD (or was that just me? Am I a looser? Oh noes)
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tìrey Tsmukan on March 16, 2010, 07:48:14 PM
wows, so many good ideas.  ;D personally I'm feeling that it is a mixture of all the ideas that have been thrown out there, so I'll meld them and make a picture.

Before the humans arrived to Pandora I can guarantee that they had something similar to kissing.
Quotethey put there heads together (nose to nose) and breathe in air together while holding each other.
so there's that, then once the humans arrived, I'm thinking I agree with Tìrey Hawnuyu
QuoteThis show's me that over time the Na'vi (or at least the young hunters and 'eveng) grew to like the non-military personal of the RDA mission, falling back on my other theory, that there was an early expedition backed by RDA but with little military presence so over the 6 years (possibly longer using less advanced space technologies) that it would take for more people to show up, the Na'vi would have a chance to get to know a fairly peaceful minded people, who wanted to learn about them not destroy all that they held dear
so then Dr. Augustine started to teach the Na'vi of human ways, creating a cultural connection. which Neytiri grew up in. that is until the RDA appeared into the picture.
All Na'vi believe greatly in the spirit, so it would make sense that Neytiri would learn to understand Jake's connection through the uplink. perhaps not in a scientific form but more of a spiritual sense. as it were.

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on March 16, 2010, 12:02:32 AM

Grace wouldn't have been the only people at first if what Tìrey Hawnuyu was saying is right. They could have learned about it from books, or something.

so there's a picture that I think makes the most sense, this seems to be a much more long term thing than I would have thought. but you don't send in the miner's with the explorers. not until you know what you're dealing with, which Parker Selfridge still didn't. which is why it turned into a s*** fight. *sigh*

anyway, mull it over. Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

While in theory you could learn kissing from a book, I'm sure all of us here remember our first kiss and it certainly wasn't as smooth as Neytiri XD (or was that just me? Am I a looser? Oh noes)
[/quote]

Irayo, and I like the last part, Parker really had no idea what he was getting into.

EDIT:
Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on March 16, 2010, 08:55:44 PM

alothough all of us here are learning about the culture of the Na'vi, keep in mind that Jim wanted to make it look good too, therefore not everything had to make since.

Eywa ngahu