Nìean nìrim(In yellow and blue),
Ayzìsìtä kato(The rhythm of the years),
'Ìheyu sìreyä(The spiral of the lives),
'Ìheyu sìreyä(The spiral of the lives),
Oeru teya si(Fills me),
Oeru teya si(Fills me).

(Avatar Scrapbook p.15)

Hunt Song

Lu nga win sì txur (You are fast and strong)
Lu nga txantslusam (You are wise)
Livu win sì txur oe zene (I must be fast and strong)
Ha n(ì)'aw (So only)
Pxan livu txo ni'aw oe ngari (Only if I am worthy of you)
Tsakrr nga Na'viru yomtìyìng(Will you feed the People)

(Avatar Scrapbook p.37)

The book is worth its 7.99 USD, go and get your own :)

Taronyu

Spiral of life would be a better translation for sireyä.

Nice songs. Maybe I'll buy the book...

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Those are shortened versins of the full songs.

If anyone would like the full version of the songs (Found in the Activist Survival Guide, 17.99) I'd be happy to transcribe them.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Quote from: Taronyu on December 28, 2009, 11:27:15 AM
Spiral of life would be a better translation for sireyä.

Nice songs. Maybe I'll buy the book...

Buy it! The more money we throw at them the quicker they'll get their butts into gear and make us a dictionary!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Payoang

Buy it! It's worth it (I already spent way too much money on all things Avatar, not even including the 4 movie tickets...)

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I'm such a skxawng! I was in a book store today and didn't even think about it! I feel like slapping myself...granted I was with my mom and the time and she would have given me that eye roll if I bought it in front of her.

Still...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

swizaw

Hunt Song

Terìran ayoe ayngane
Zera'u
Rerol ayoe ayngane
Ha ftxey
Awpot set ftxey ayngal a l(u) ayngakip
Awpot a Na'viru yomtìyìng

(chorus)
Oeyä swizaw nìngay tivakuk
Oeyä tukrul txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeri tìngayìl txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeyä txe'lan livu ngay

Lu nga win sì txur
Lu nga txantslusam
Livu win sì txur oe zene
Ha n(ì)'aw
Pxan livu txo nì'aw oe ngari
Tsakrr nga Na'viru yomtìyìng

Copied straight from the book. I'll edit in the other songs as soon as I find them and type them :]

Edit: Weaving Song (aka Loom Song)

the part in the first post is the second part

First part:
Tompayä kato, tsawkeyä kato,
Trrä sì txonä,
S(ì) ayzìsìtä kato,
Sì'ekong te'lanä,
Te'lanä le-Na'vi
Oeru teya si,
Oeru teya si.

wm.annis

There's a wee error in the Hunt Song — at least there is if we believe the word list at the end of the ASG.  There needs to be a glottal stop at the start of 'awpot in lines 5 and 6.

I discuss the poetic technique of these two songs (in a satirical, academic way, but the points about the verse are basically sound) in a PDF linked from this post.

swizaw

Quote from: wm.annis on January 12, 2010, 09:27:51 PM
There's a wee error in the Hunt Song — at least there is if we believe the word list at the end of the ASG.  There needs to be a glottal stop at the start of 'awpot in lines 5 and 6.

I discuss the poetic technique of these two songs (in a satirical, academic way, but the points about the verse are basically sound) in a PDF linked from this post.

I saw this, but I didn't want to change anything from the way the book has it, in case I messed anything up :]

Sol Lupusnight

We should try to come up with some kind of prayer song to dedicate to the Nawm na'ring sa'nok Eywa (great forest mother) lol's it's a habit i have with me being wiccan.
Oel Hawnu Eywati

Talis

Hi,
English isn't my first language so I just hope you understand me, that's everything I want :D

Well, to these songs: Is there any melody included in this book, or is there a scene or an audio-file in which these songs were sung?
I already thought about writing songs and poems in Na'vi by myself, but actually I'm not good enough in Na'vi to do so yet ;)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

OO!  I still have a barns and Noble gift card :D

wm.annis

Quote from: Talis on January 13, 2010, 06:30:23 AMWell, to these songs: Is there any melody included in this book, or is there a scene or an audio-file in which these songs were sung?

Only the text is in the book.  I don't know if there are cut scenes from the film that might have had them.

Theiran

is this book only found through amazon? or is it out in bookstores?

kintìomum

The Loom/Weaving song is mentioned in the video game with full text.
There it's said to be more recited than sung to the sound that's created by the weaving Na'vi.

It somehow reminds me of alchemistic rituals in medieval times. There alchemists used rhythms and songs to measure time since they had no reliable way of measuring it.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Taronyu

Quote from: Theiran on January 13, 2010, 07:00:06 PM
is this book only found through amazon? or is it out in bookstores?

Both.

Sol Lupusnight

what kind of prayer could we make up? i'm trying to think of one to say before you'd go to sleep, something to say in the morning. and ithers like that what do you guy's think?
Oel Hawnu Eywati

We are Omaticaya

Im going to go buy the book today
Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: kintìomum on January 14, 2010, 05:56:12 AM
The Loom/Weaving song is mentioned in the video game with full text.
There it's said to be more recited than sung to the sound that's created by the weaving Na'vi.

It somehow reminds me of alchemistic rituals in medieval times. There alchemists used rhythms and songs to measure time since they had no reliable way of measuring it.

I would say to not use the game for reference, they have illegal names and horrible horrible horrible pronuciation they ignore basically everything that they shouldn't.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

kintìomum

Yeah, there's a lot of things in the game that could have been avoided if the quality control in the end had had more time.
But interestingly enough (got the ASG yesterday) the loom song is completely correct... Well, must've either been someone working carefully or just copy+paste.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!