Na'Vi hunting

Started by Tonbogiri, March 19, 2010, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Ease up, folks...

The ASG isn't always 100% correct, either.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Col Quaritch

This topic title is completely misleading theres nothing in here at all about hunting Na'vi, very very disappointed.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

again Col. you never fail to amaze us with your quaritch ness
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Nifty

Quote from: Col Quaritch on April 05, 2010, 11:50:06 PM
This topic title is completely misleading theres nothing in here at all about hunting Na'vi, very very disappointed.

Not to be offensive or such but you raelly didn't need to point that out. All Topic Threads end this way eventually; with Off-topic posts. After all one thing can relate to many.
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

Col Quaritch

ShadowedSin

The ASG is quite explicit in stating that there is a smaller forest specices of Banshee. Only the Mountain species is large enough to ride. Which explains why only certain tribes have the rites of the Iknimaya.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Tsamsiyu92

I don't understand the phrase "to become taronyu, hunter...", because taronyu means hunter, so if he's already a hunter, why should he become a hunter?

Tonbogiri

I think in that scene Neytiri is simply explaining the meaning of the word. You're right, the sentence wouldn't make much sense otherwise...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Also, there are mountains around that they can fly around and hunt. If you notice in the movie that Jake and Neytiri hunt along a cliff face, so it's most possible to spot an animal and shoot it with an arrow while flying by. Then they just have to turn around, land, pick up the dead animal and leave. They could also try to fly through the forest and hunt, but I think you have to super good at multitasking from aiming and shooting, and avoiding trees at the same time.

Wll

Kaltxì,
Whilst reading through this topic, I was thinking what Pandoran Animal I would most want to eat.
Answer? Oh, that Pig-like thing which is described on James Camerons Avater: The Game as the Perfect Prey. The Name escapes me. Maybe Viperwolves, Nasty little things!
Eywa Ngahu
Ikran Ayunil mì apxa kelutrel
Merry Merry King Ik po

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Wll on June 07, 2010, 11:36:15 AM
Kaltxì,
Whilst reading through this topic, I was thinking what Pandoran Animal I would most want to eat.
Answer? Oh, that Pig-like thing which is described on James Camerons Avater: The Game as the Perfect Prey. The Name escapes me. Maybe Viperwolves, Nasty little things!
Eywa Ngahu

Sturmbeast I think? And they're supposed to be pretty big (larger than American buffalo compared to a person when compared to a Na'vi)

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on April 05, 2010, 08:34:14 PM

Forest banshees? WTF do you find that?(obviously in the forest, I mean where did you get the term?)

Forest banshee vs. Mountain banshee comes from the Avatar survival guide and is in Pandorapedia.

Quote from: PandorapediaThis smaller cousin to the mountain banshee is also a feared predator. But it lacks the size to accommodate and bond with a Na'vi rider.

Forest banshees usually hunt alone, but can migrate in large flocks spread out in a wide, loose pattern. (The reason for this behavior is not well-understood.) Like a Terran reef shark, the forest banshee may size up potential large prey, but seldom attack anything close to its size, preferring smaller forest animals. A banshee will make an exception, however, in the case of self-defense or when there is a large prey in distress. Then, also like sharks, banshees will congregate to feed, and if necessary will fight each other for their portion
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Tìrey Tsmukan

Quote from: Wll on June 07, 2010, 11:36:15 AM
Kaltxì,
Eywa Ngahu

You're referring to the Tapirus, I think, the only pig like thing is the Tapirus. I've not played the game so I'm not sure, but I think that's what you're referring to.

On topic: The whole, Taronyu thing is quite confusing. Because no one can agree what it is, I believe it is both the rite to become a man/warrior of the clan, and a honorable hunter.
On the subject of the jungle being to tight to hunt in, remember that scene with the toruk? they dived into the forest and maneuvered through it very gracefully. Also, when you have an Ikran, you're now using a much larger and more powerful bow. Used for taking down Sturmbeasts and the like. I believe also that if you get a dive on it, you can take down a Titanothere. For all you gun enthusiasts, arrows [in general, no sniper's here] have more penetrating power than bullets. So even though Jakes assault rifle couldn't penatrate, perhaps with the speed of the Ikran, the bow, and gravity, would allow the penetration. Kxawm. So, from my opinion. Ikran hunting would be more difficult, but the rewards greater.

Also, Truro, you beat me to the pandorabedia.  ;D

Eywa ayngahu!