Na'vi Punishments

Started by Swok Txon, January 23, 2010, 01:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

The '07 script toyed with the idea of a bushido-like suicide, where Jake kills Tsu'tey after Tsu'tey loses his queue in the final battle out of mercy.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Zefanaya

now that would be strange seeing Jake kill Tsu'te I think that if Tsu'te had of survived that they would have become good friends who knows if Tsu;te would be the leader or eyktan or if Toruk mak tao would take his place as olo'eyktan. I remember that when I first saw the movie and as I watched the charecters evolve watch their stories unfold I dod not like Tsu'te but the 3rd time i saw the movie (not in 3d saw it just so i could get a better fell for the culture and the language and so that I knew what I was talking about in discussions like these) and I saw the part where Tsu'te was shot and fell and the slow mo of him and his knife falling actually made me cry a little I saw more of where he was coming in and had more of a connection with him. also slightly off topic but the part where Jake and Neytiri arrive back at Kelutrel and Tsu'te asks Neytiri if she had mated with Jake and when she said yes befor Tsu'te became angery and tried to kill Jake if you looked at his face you could see just how hurt he was his facial expression was only shown for a few seconds but I really want to learn more of Tsu'te's back story.

Eywa ngahu ma aytsmukan ulte aytsmuke, Eywa ayhawnu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 08, 2010, 03:29:25 PM
The '07 script toyed with the idea of a bushido-like suicide, where Jake kills Tsu'tey after Tsu'tey loses his queue in the final battle out of mercy.
According to JC that scene is going to be in the extended edition. It was in the movie right up to the end but JC than decided it woul disturb the flow of the finally (sadden the happy end too much) So he took it out.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Is the rest of the movie going to be similar or is he actually going to lose his queue in the battle, or just fall off the shuttle like he did.

Do explain what he says is going to happen.

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsu'roen

Wainfleet finds him after his fall, lifts him on his queue (like Quaritch did later with Jake) an cuts the queue off:
QuoteTSU'TEY lies gasping, mortally injured. He looks up,
grimacing, as an ampsuit looms over him.
LYLE WAINFLEET reaches down and grabs Tsu'tey by his queue,
lifting him painfully.
WAINFLEET
I hear this is worse than death for you,
chief.
WAINFLEET cuts Tsu'tey's queue off near the base. TSU'TEY
SCREAMS in agony, his nervous system exploding on overload.
Grinning, Lyle holds up the queue -- Tsu'tey's only
connection to the world-consciousness which is his life.

He really deserved to be smashed by that Hammerhead later on ...
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 08, 2010, 08:15:15 PM
Wainfleet finds him after his fall, lifts him on his queue (like Quaritch did later with Jake) an cuts the queue off:
lifting him painfully.
WAINFLEET
chief.

I personally think he deserve worst than that but it's hard to punish him in a better way when you get on someone that does have a queue....
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Zefanaya

lifting him painfully.
WAINFLEET
chief.

ok that was a really painful mental picture I kind of wish that was in the movie as it would make Wainfleets death so much more... i will let ypu guys fill in that blank.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Kayrìlien

lifting him painfully.
WAINFLEET
chief.

Holy s*@t, that would have been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back...I would have burst out in tears had that been in the movie. Wow...I'm feeling a bit nauseated even thinking about it...jeez...

Kayrìlien

Tsu'roen

This is the next chapter:

QuoteEXT. RAINFOREST - DAY
MO'AT tends to the mortally wounded TSU'TEY as AVATAR JAKE
arrives with Neytiri. Mo'at has bound his wounds, but by her
expression, it is clear he cannot be saved.
Jake kneels and Tsu'tey opens his eyes. Through a haze of
pain, he recognizes Jake.
TSU'TEY
(Na'vi)
I See you, Jakesully.
JAKE
I See you, Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan.
TSU'TEY
Are the people safe?
JAKE
They're safe.
Tsu'tey weakly clutches his severed queue.
TSU'TEY
I can never ride again, or bond with my
woman -- or hear the voice of Eywa. I can
not lead the People. You will lead them,
Jakesully.
JAKE
No. I'm not officer material.
TSU'TEY
It is decided. Now do the duty of
Olo'eyctan. Set my spirit free.
JAKE
I'm not killing you.
TSU'TEY
I am already dead.
JAKE
No.
TSU'TEY
It is the way. And it is good. I will be
remembered --
Tsu'tey's voice is weak, but thick with emotion.
TSU'TEY
-- I fought with Toruk Macto, we were
brothers -- and he was my last shadow.
TSU'TEY'S HAND clasps with Jake's in a fierce grip. Jake
draws his knife.
TSU'TEY'S POV -- Jake leans forward, blocking the sun.
HIS SHADOW falls across Tsu'tey.
JAKE
(Na'vi)
Forgive me, my Brother. Go now to the
Mother Spirit.
By his movement, we know that he has ended Tsu'tey's pain.
Jake's eyes well with tears as he continues reciting the
prayer for the dead, and his Na'vi words carry over as we --

This is a still of that scene:

Kayrìlien

I can't even begin think of how to describe how powerful that scene would have been had it been filmed. It's exceptionally hard to express pathos on the Internet without it sounding phony or crass, but...damn...I think Cameron was right in not including the scene in the cinematic release. It would have left an even worse taste in your mouth than the movie already leaves, and, as evidenced by the fair number of Western Progress-bashing threads that have sprouted on this (and probably other) forum(s), that's something that was already infinitely present in the majority of the audience's minds.

Umm...though I don't at all like the line "No, I'm not officer material." That does sound phony and crass. It would have been more than saved by "I fought with Toruk Makto, we were brothers -- and he was my last shadow.", but still, I felt the need to point that out. By this time in the movie, Jake should have something, for lack of a better term, more nìNa'vi to say than that.

Kayrìlien

Tsu'roen

It has been filmed, fully rendered and everything. JC literally took it out at the last minute. In an interview round with other directors he describes why here: 'The scene I had to cut'

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well now I'm depressed...I'm kinda glad they didn't have that in there >.> when I see it for the first time I want to be bawling like a baby in my own home.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on February 09, 2010, 01:08:57 AMwhen I see it for the first time I want to be bawling like a baby in my own home.

Poanìl tìngayit plltxe.

Kayrìlien

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 09, 2010, 12:49:12 AM
It has been filmed, fully rendered and everything. JC literally took it out at the last minute. In an interview round with other directors he describes why here: 'The scene I had to cut'

There's a little line in that speech that put some hope in my eyes. Cameron say: "No, it woudn't be in the Directors Cut. The release cut is the Directors Cut. The fan cut is the longer version." Fan cut edition is coming :D

But, I know how everyone feels as it's the same for me. But, I still think I would have loved to see this scene in the end. I HOPE... no... I WANT it to be in the cut scene on the dvd if there's no "Fan cut edition".
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Mako

Wow...yeah, I definitely want to be somewhere quiet and alone, or with my true smúkan, when I watch that scene.

Yea, it'll be probably the most moving part in the movie, in my opinion.

But.....Jake's link pod is destroyed, will they go thru all that time to get him into another one though. I wanna know how they're gonna work that out.

LearnNavi Forums:

Mithcoriel

On the subject of death penalty:
Given the fact that Neytiri was gonna kill Jake, I would have said yeah, they definitely have some form of death penalty, at least for people who aren't members of the clan. But then I remembered that Neytiri knew very well that he's only an Avatar, and that killing the avatar wouldn't kill the real Jake. So maybe the Omatikaya are just more eager to kill Dreamwalkers as it would be simply a matter of "destroying their vehicle" than really killing them.

Quoteyou would not be able to inter the Na'vi after life assuming that the after life is everything you are being uploaded through tsaheylu to Eywa

About Na'vi not having a word for lying:
Um, just cause they didn't have a word, wouldn't 100% prove they didn't lie before the humans came. We didn't have a word for "subconsciousness" or whatever until recent centuries, that doesn't mean the ancient Egyptians didn't have subconscious thoughts.

QuoteSocieties are largely formed by their environment and the Na'vi live in an environment that is controlled by a higher being (not to use the term "god") that can be directly accessed and whose influence on the world is a real and measurable experience. It would be silly to assume a culture that developed under such conditions to be like one that has distanced itself from nature to the point of denial being part of it.

So, are you saying Eywa would have controlled them and kept them moral to a certain extent? Not too sure about that..I mean, what is Eywa? Eywa still did allow predators (and most likely viruses and diseases) to evolve, so she must be pretty neutral concerning morals. And Neytiri said she doesn't (normally) take sides, so I'm guessing Eywa wouldn't have interfered in wars between clans, let alone in situations where one individual goes against the other.

QuoteI'm still in favor of the platform being used to tie a person up and leave them to the will of Eywa.  At least for some things.  It seems very Na'vi like to me.

Do you guys think the animals are being controlled by Eywa sort of every second? Cause I would have guessed not. Surely a random pack of Viperwolves isn't gonna first ask Eywa's permission by doing a tsahaylu to the next plant, before they start eating a tied up Na'vi?
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

We never said that they are always connected to Eywa. And given the massive wave of ikran and hammerhead titanathors that attacked the RDA, I don't think animals have to connect by tsahelyu to Eywa to be "controlled" by her.

LearnNavi Forums:

Technowraith

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 09, 2010, 08:37:05 AM
Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 09, 2010, 12:49:12 AM

There's a little line in that speech that put some hope in my eyes. Cameron say: "No, it woudn't be in the Directors Cut. The release cut is the Directors Cut. The fan cut is the longer version." Fan cut edition is coming :D

But, I know how everyone feels as it's the same for me. But, I still think I would have loved to see this scene in the end. I HOPE... no... I WANT it to be in the cut scene on the dvd if there's no "Fan cut edition".

I read the script for that part and i was getting emotional. I had to go somewhere else for a few minutes to collect myself. It was like when i saw Quaritch destroying Hometree the first time around. I can't imagine how the scene will effect me when i see it live.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 09, 2010, 05:40:28 PM
Yea, it'll be probably the most moving part in the movie, in my opinion.
... right after the destruction of Hometree and Eytukan's death.

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 09, 2010, 05:40:28 PM
But.....Jake's link pod is destroyed, will they go thru all that time to get him into another one though. I wanna know how they're gonna work that out.
Two of the links units were still intact! I think it was Grac's link that was smashed by Quaritch. They just need to seal off the shack again or Jake needs to wear a filter mask inside the link.