Na'vi Sports

Started by TorukMakto!, February 07, 2010, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorukMakto!

Do we know of any sport that the Na'vi play?

If not, here is a list:

Dire horse Riding - It's the F1/Nascar or whatever crazy fast speed race you want to call it.
Ikran Racing - Next level of Dire horse riding, open only for the taronyu of the tribe.
Basketball - Played on a very high rim. Learned from the Avatars.
From high to bottom - One of the taronyu's favourite game, you start on top of a high tree and you have to make your way down as fast as you can using the leaves of the tree. Injury will result in DQ (meaning you can't fall right away to the ground and injury yourself to win the game). The distance is changable and depends on the tree assigned for the particular meet.
Branch running - Sprint on a tree branch. Very hard sport , one of the taronyu's official training schedule. The distance is changable and depends on the tree assigned for the particular meet.
MMA - Every type of martial arts may be usable, that includes tail fight. Queue grabing, holding and pulling are forbidden.
Archery - Similiar to the Human version ,just with bigger bows and arrows and the distance is further respectfully as well.

Irayo. :)

tìngay mungeyu

Nice list, ma tsmukan, irayo! :)

I would try archery and branch running, but of course my favorit is ikran racing. :)

TorukMakto!

Irayo.

I'll come up with additional ones later on, tomorrow or the next day after (depends on college work :P).

Zefanaya

I would do archery, Ikran racing, and MMA but most of all Ikran Racing

Irayo ma tsmukan Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Tìrey Tsmukan

just as a strange thought, I don't know what it would be called, it's a sport where you sneak up on those hammerhead rhinos thingys (don't know what they're called and drop down onto them and attempt to ride them as long as you can. a sort of rodeo? (also that would mean that making tsahaylu with the Rhino would be forbidden.) as I said, just a strange thought.

Kiyevame.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tìrey Tsmukan on February 10, 2010, 04:40:40 PM
just as a strange thought, I don't know what it would be called, it's a sport where you sneak up on those hammerhead rhinos thingys (don't know what they're called and drop down onto them and attempt to ride them as long as you can. a sort of rodeo? (also that would mean that making tsahaylu with the Rhino would be forbidden.) as I said, just a strange thought.

Kiyevame.

We had almost the same thought I was thinking about Palulukan.
Palulukan riding - This is the rarest tsahaylu event on Pandora, Have been done only once by Neytiri. The mystery of this craft had yet to be fully discovered. For now it's thought that a Palulukan needs to choose you first. This is not a sport, this is a spectacle.  :)

Tìrey Tsmukan

Very good point Torukmakto! I would think that riding a Palulukan would be more common, on the other hand, have you ever tried to sneak up on a cat? now try doing that when it is three times your size! Irayo for that wonderful thought. I would totally agree that the Palulukan would have to choose you first. but since this really is for another Topic. I will cease to speak.

however, that still leaves the thought of the Rhino riding. (I still don't know what they're called)

Kiyevame

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tìrey Tsmukan on February 12, 2010, 02:15:11 PM
Very good point Torukmakto! I would think that riding a Palulukan would be more common, on the other hand, have you ever tried to sneak up on a cat? now try doing that when it is three times your size! Irayo for that wonderful thought. I would totally agree that the Palulukan would have to choose you first. but since this really is for another Topic. I will cease to speak.

however, that still leaves the thought of the Rhino riding. (I still don't know what they're called)

Kiyevame
Irayo.

The name of the Rhino is Hammerhead Titnothere and in Na'vi it is Angtsìk. This animal is approximately twice bigger than an elephant.
They have certain similarities to a mammal named Titanotheriidae, the more common name is Brontotheriidae. They belong to the Perissodactyla order that includes Rhinos, Horse and tapirs and etc. Although at first look they look more like Rhinos, they are more closely related to horses. Brontotheriidae lived approximately 56-34 billion years ago (right after the Cretaceous time, end of the Mesozoic era).

Kekeruseyu

Zalorticus

cliff diving: more points for the highest jump and extra for spins/flips

running of the Angtsìk: basically, you need to find a herd of Angtsìk and attempt to run along their backs until you reach the leader of the herd.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

My personal favourites are Ikran racing and tail fighting (always wanted and still want to have a tail myself  :()
As it's my favourite part in the movie where Jake does his first flight.
I also had tears in my eyes when Seze died.  :-[

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I'd do branch running, archery and tail fighting :-), I always wanted to have a tail, and would defenitely use it.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Mìhìl on March 20, 2010, 03:46:43 PM
I'd do branch running, archery and tail fighting :-), I always wanted to have a tail, and would defenitely use it.

Tail fighting XD, is it with yourself or against others? :P

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: TorukMakto! on March 20, 2010, 07:08:01 PM
Quote from: Mìhìl on March 20, 2010, 03:46:43 PM

Tail fighting XD, is it with yourself or against others? :P

lol

Hey...you....what are you doing with yourself!?

Tailfighting....

Ok, then its alright!

:P :P :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Yeya Swizaw

Chasing your tail! xD
"Everybody loves me... except people who don't"
  "Oe yawne lu frapor... oe ke lu suteru mungwrr"

Zefanaya

Quote from: Mìhìl on March 03, 2010, 01:41:49 PM
My personal favourites are Ikran racing and tail fighting (always wanted and still want to have a tail myself  :()
As it's my favourite part in the movie where Jake does his first flight.
I also had tears in my eyes when Seze died.  :-[
I would so do Ikran racing, I to cried and was angery when Seze died  :( >:(.

Hey...you seen Tirey H. Any where?

Ummm... Yeah, look up.

(I would be on my Ikran all day flying around Pandora, that is if Olo'eykatan did not need me to do something).   

Eywa ngahu.

AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH