Possible meanings of different Pandoran animals as Na'vi uniltaron totem animals

Started by Amaya, February 03, 2011, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tìvawm'ia on March 02, 2011, 02:28:13 PM
Ive done a sketch for nantang and pa'li totems .. still need to scan them, and maybe edit them a little as they're not super amazing :P Just general.

Lol I can't help but think of Brother Bear, though I know they didn't choose their totems the totems chose them!

Are you going to do palulukan, too?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

ToktorGrace

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 04, 2011, 01:35:01 AM
Quote from: Tìvawm'ia on March 02, 2011, 02:28:13 PM
Ive done a sketch for nantang and pa'li totems .. still need to scan them, and maybe edit them a little as they're not super amazing :P Just general.

Lol I can't help but think of Brother Bear, though I know they didn't choose their totems the totems chose them!

Are you going to do palulukan, too?

If I find time probably :)
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Zanither

Sherlock Holmes: [handcuffed to John] Take my hand!
John Watson: Now people will definitely talk.

Ean Hufwetulyu

I have a fun idea. should make test to see what tirea ioang you might get?
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Amaya

Ean Hufwetulyu

Alyara Arati

I would think that would depend on how complicated you want to make your test, kefyak?  How many ayoang you choose...
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ean Hufwetulyu

Alyara Arati

palulukan
toruk
ikran
pa'li
yerik
syaksyuk
talioang
kenten
fkio
nantang
('angtsìk)
(riti)

there's a good 12 choices...  anybody else want to comment?
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ean Hufwetulyu

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Alyara Arati on July 19, 2011, 02:17:01 PM
palulukan
toruk
ikran
pa'li
yerik
syaksyuk
talioang
kenten
fkio
nantang
('angtsìk)
(riti)

there's a good 12 choices...  anybody else want to comment?

Sounds perfect! :)

Ean Hufwetulyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Looking at your list, it is dominated by higher animals. But you have kenten, fan lizard on there. I am wondering if that does not fit. I can't immediately think of anyone who has an insect as a totem animal. I also see that there are a couple real obscure (apparently) higher animals in the dictionary, namely fkio and fwampop. There is also ikranay. So although I think your list is complete for the more well known/popular animals, do we need to add these more obscure animals?

I am very interested to see what you come up with for questions!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txura Rolyu

I would like to know what each one is going to represent. It sounds like they will all have something really great about them.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Raiden

You forgot about Fwaki.

A mantis would be an awesome totem animal, IMO.

But then, I'm rather fond of insects anyway. OwO
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 03, 2011, 03:59:02 PM
Looking at your list, it is dominated by higher animals. But you have kenten, fan lizard on there. I am wondering if that does not fit. I can't immediately think of anyone who has an insect as a totem animal. I also see that there are a couple real obscure (apparently) higher animals in the dictionary, namely fkio and fwampop. There is also ikranay. So although I think your list is complete for the more well known/popular animals, do we need to add these more obscure animals?

I am very interested to see what you come up with for questions!

Actually I know many people who have Earth insects as a spirit totem. 

What you have to understand about the spirit totem is that they not only are indicative of your personality, they also show your spiritual path.  My Animal Totem is the Elephant.  The elephant symbolizes family values, strength of spirit, body and character, a strong sense of justice and fairness, and a sense of gentleness with a fierce ability to protect and shelter the family unit.  There are other things that they symbolize also.  The Elephant is a wonderful amazing spirit totem to have.  Animal totems are not chosen.  They are already there.  The animal has a special meaning to you.  I swore up and down that I would have the house cat as my totem.  I was WRONG.  But the Elephant has always been so interesting to me.  There was a reason. 

Spirit Animals - Totems - whatever you want to call them - are very important but they are not something that you can just pick.  They come to you through meditation.  You can't just decide, Oh I have an Elephant.  (Like I said, I swore up and down I'd have a cat.) 

As for the idea of assigning spiritual totems that are based on the Pandoran animals ... think about the characteristics of each animal VERY carefully before you try to assign totem animals from Pandora.  There are creatures on the Astral plane that could be mistaken for the Pandoran animals.  Believe me you don't want something like that following you around.  My spiritual guide/protector is an elephant that follows me on the astral plane.  She protects me.  She helps me with workings.  She guides me when I have a problem.  And she is definitely a FEMALE.  She is real.  You need to be careful that you don't suddenly find yourself with something following you around that you really don't want.  It could get dangerous for you and anyone around you.  Believe me I know all about things you don't want following you around.

Please be careful.  I don't want to have more work to do than I already have. 
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Maria, why so serious? we just be having funs. and I don't know where you got the whole 'bad luck if you have the wrong spirit animal "following you" around'; that's ridiculous; no offense. but your spirit animal can actually be chosen; if you plan on changing to be stronger or something, you can aim for a certain animal. so it is quite possible for us to follow having Pandoran totems. real or not, it doesn't matter, really. as I said, just having fun.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Maria TunVrrtep

I'm being serious because even words can be magical and can call those beings I was talking about to you.  And I didn't say it was bad luck to have the wrong spirit animal following you around.  I said that there are beings on the astral plane that resemble the Pandoran animals you're all talking about.  And you don't want one of those beings following you around. 
People shouldn't play around with anything magical until they know what it is.  Please be careful with this.  You all think it's a game but it's not.  I just get a little worried when people talk about playing around with magic.  It's scary for someone like me who is a Guardian to think about people playing with magic and not knowing what they are doing.  Sorry if I overreacted, but really there is no such thing as overreaction when you are talking about magic being misused, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Lolet

So, choosing the wrong spirit animal is like playing with a Ouiji board? I have a friend who did that and know her room is apparently possessed. I'm never spending the night at her house. O.o

To most people, a "totem" is just an animal that they really like and can relate to. They don't think its going to help them with their actual life. It's whatever you make of it.