Practice your Na'vi dance skills

Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, April 20, 2010, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Tse, I was sifting through the Pandorapedia and I found this little gem. I'm pretty sure it's the first recorded Na'vi dance but I don't own the Guide so I don't know.

This dance celebrates the fan lizard.

QuoteAn ancient dance (usually performed by children) celebrates the lizard. Two dancers stand side by side to create a rigid "spine." Another group of children run by and taunt the pair, at which point the entwined dancers "unfurl" into a circular shape and "float" in a zig-zag pattern through the other dancers. This dance is usually accompanied by hufwe or "wind" instruments.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I love the name of this thread! It would make a great (cheesy) DVD sold on late-night TV! :D
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Txura Tsampongu

Cool, looks kinda hard, but i think i might get it
Eywa ngahu.
"The language is a pain, but I figure it's like field stripping a weapon... repetition, repetition."
Kaltxi ma tsmuktu ulte nìprrte'!

Nyx

So, while spinning, do they both have their feet on the ground or is one lifted onto the back of the other, to act as wings?

Rain

Necropost with a good reason.

I recently (like ten minutes ago) was listening to my own collection of music and I was wondering what else besides the soundtrack sounded like Na'vi music, so I came up with a thread to get opinions: http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/navi-music/

Then, I was poking around on the Culture board and I saw this thread. I thought "Hey, this would go great with the thread I started!" And then I what-iffed: What if some of us got together one day and jammed, complete with dance party? How cool would that be?

Anyway, I just thought that since you (plural) were working on some dance, you'd need music.

;D ;D ;D
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Rain

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on April 20, 2010, 11:18:19 PM
Tse, I was sifting through the Pandorapedia and I found this little gem. I'm pretty sure it's the first recorded Na'vi dance but I don't own the Guide so I don't know.

This dance celebrates the fan lizard.

QuoteAn ancient dance (usually performed by children) celebrates the lizard. Two dancers stand side by side to create a rigid "spine." Another group of children run by and taunt the pair, at which point the entwined dancers "unfurl" into a circular shape and "float" in a zig-zag pattern through the other dancers. This dance is usually accompanied by hufwe or "wind" instruments.

You mean similar to this?
INDIAN WARLI TRIBAL DANCE
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine