Question about Toruk

Started by Tsyeymzi, January 01, 2010, 09:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: gnátxere on January 21, 2010, 05:25:19 AM
i'm not getting a picture, just a red x in the corner and a box where it should be.

Go here: (please)

http://www.surrealaward.com/avatar/imagesvavatarfilmstills02.shtml

Scroll down to bottom of page. Look for Jake mid-flight, about to ruin Toruk's day.

Hopefully what follows will be in the DVD. I really should hunt down that international trailer. I will post if it I can find it (I wonder if IMDB has it).
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

gnátxere

thank you dusty.

i recognise the scene though (the one at the very bottem), that's after he already joined with toruk. that's when he jumps off toruk's back, takes down the people on top of the valkyrie they loaded up with explosives, primes a couple grenades and throws them into the jets, and jumps back off the valkyrie back onto toruk's back and flies away.

also the pic in your previous post is now showing up too.
i attached the pic from the beginning of that scene to this post

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Yes, that is the scene where he jumps off the shuttle. His hair is in the traditional Na'vi style, which happens after he's gone to the different tribes.

Still, I bet we get to see something for the DVD. Please Cameron! We must have answers!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: gnátxere on January 21, 2010, 05:17:22 PM
thank you dusty.

i recognise the scene though (the one at the very bottem), that's after he already joined with toruk. that's when he jumps off toruk's back, takes down the people on top of the valkyrie they loaded up with explosives, primes a couple grenades and throws them into the jets, and jumps back off the valkyrie back onto toruk's back and flies away.

also the pic in your previous post is now showing up too.
i attached the pic from the beginning of that scene to this post

Aw crap!

I was really hoping for some Toruk moments. Sorry everyone. yeah, now that you mention it, it makes sense. That was a pretty cool stunt to leap off of the dragon and onto the, uh, Pandoran version of a dragon. It's like a scene from an old Western (movie) where the cowboy hops from one horse to another mid-gallop, but this is much more subtle, updated, and cool. JC really is the Cecil B. DeMille (best director in the history of everything) of our generation, it would seem.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

There's all kinds of deleted scenes from the movie that will be on the movie when it comes out.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well Avatar is a Western, in a really intense way. Jake is a Cowboy, Neytiri the Native and Toruk the wild mustang XD
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

That's one way of looking at it! ;D Some might compare it to the Titanic movie that James Cameron made.

Did you hear about the email Frommer sent to us?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Yes, very exciting! Everyone must read it!

Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

I knew you would find it interesting! I just hope Fox lets him do it.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I'm sure they will, it'll be money making for them. But we're getting off topic, there is a thread discussing this in the General Avatar board I believe.

Back to Toruk.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Technowraith

See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

I have one. There must be multiple Toruk's on Pandora, but they only show one. Would it be because that Toruk has that specific area, and the other Toruk's have other areas?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well Toruk is a very large predator that is clearly a lone hunter. Therefor he probably is very territorial and needs a large territory to feed himself properly. Much like how you will only find one tiger in an area. If you have to many they will feed to much, thus destroying the balance.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eywal ngaru teing oeti on January 21, 2010, 08:46:12 PM
I have one. There must be multiple Toruk's on Pandora, but they only show one. Would it be because that Toruk has that specific area, and the other Toruk's have other areas?

Great point!

According to the Activist Guide, Toruks and Palulukans are rare and kinda loners. There is "rumored" to be a Toruk aerie somewhere in the thundering rocks, but no SANE person has gone looking. A Toruk on Toruk battle to the death has been mentioned, and it is really sad, when you read the ending. To me they are like tigers on Earth. They command a LARGE area and other Toruks just find somewhere else to terrorize (er, "hunt!").

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 21, 2010, 08:52:55 PM
Well Toruk is a very large predator that is clearly a lone hunter. Therefor he probably is very territorial and needs a large territory to feed himself properly. Much like how you will only find one tiger in an area. If you have to many they will feed to much, thus destroying the balance.

LOL! She beat me to it by 3 seconds. (I was editing!)

:P

(women!)

Technowraith

Large predators need large territory. They can't eat everything in sight if they have a large plate to choose from, so to speak. I'd love to see more Toruk(s) in upcoming movies.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Technowraith on January 21, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
Large predators need large territory. They can't eat everything in sight if they have a large plate to choose from, so to speak. I'd love to see more Toruk(s) in upcoming movies.

Great answer! But you forgot to include the word "Tiger!" (We have a theme going here :) )

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Yes, apparently we are a tiger loving people. But it makes sense, there are few lone predators that are quite as fierce on Earth.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaltxì Palulukan!