Question about Toruk

Started by Tsyeymzi, January 01, 2010, 09:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Oh my yes! How could I forget about that!?
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Technowraith

Velociraptor is the tiger of the jurassic. Toruk is the flying tiger of Pandora.  ;D
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Raptors were the wolves of the Jurassic weren't they? Pack hunters?

Off topic >.>

But yes, large hunters need large territories. The only time we would probably see more than one in an area is during mating and a mother raising her young. And of course when some young whipper snapper comes in on an old guys terf.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Technowraith on January 21, 2010, 09:09:15 PM
Velociraptor is the tiger of the jurassic. Toruk is the flying tiger of Pandora.  ;D

Velociraptors were more like wolf packs correct. Also, remember that velociraptors only stood like 3ft. tall, different from the Jurassic Park version.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Yeah. I think that we might see more in the second movie hopefully.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Yawnetsaheylu on January 21, 2010, 09:14:14 PM

Velociraptors were more like wolf packs correct. Also, remember that velociraptors only stood like 3ft. tall, different from the Jurassic Park version.

Omg, you are officially my favorite person ever. I hate having to explain this to people! The movie had some weird thing closer to Utah-raptors! You make me so happy

Crap, someone get us back on topic again XD
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Yaay "tiger!" :-)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Thheeeeeeeeeeeey'rrrree Grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaat!!!!!!!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

On topic! On topic pleeeease!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Well the topic was "how to bond with toruk" but I'm pretty sure that got answered on the first page. lol

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

You know what I mean. This thread could discuss anything about Toruk, any quandary someone has. As entertaining as making tiger noises are, they're not exactly what I would call...intelligent conversation? XD Unless you speak fluent tiger.  :P
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Yeah it did. As you probably noticed.  ;D

Yes yes we'll get back on topic Tìng! ;D

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 21, 2010, 09:35:53 PM
You know what I mean. This thread could discuss anything about Toruk, any quandary someone has. As entertaining as making tiger noises are, they're not exactly what I would call...intelligent conversation? XD Unless you speak fluent tiger.  :P

Can't resist one last OT: "Rawr rar roar rarar roar" means hello in tiger.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Hmm you must speak a different dialect. I was taught rawr roar rar rar roooar. Hmmm

Okay NOW back on topic. Seriously this time *serious face*
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 21, 2010, 09:40:26 PM
Hmm you must speak a different dialect. I was taught rawr roar rar rar roooar. Hmmm

Okay NOW back on topic. Seriously this time *serious face*

Mee-ow!!

Okay, so not so much a question, but to re-rail the derailed train (of thoughts): In the movie (I really wish there was a REAL novel associated with this to explain things like---->) Jake's voice over says that "There was no more need for Toruk Makto" and it showed him as a different man from the one who jumped on Toruk's back.

Yes, the man who jumped on Toruk's back was different from the "meals on wheels" Jake, but this really showed a maturity and "stepping down from power" that put him in legend status with the 5 before (resisting Young Frankenstein reference--note awesome self-discipline).

Okay (deep breath), so Toruk flies off (into the sunset--so many layers JC has added to his story) and it is a sad moment but a very happy one too. I suppose he will continue to munch on banshee and Na'vi alike (great circle of nature and all) but I have to wonder how much more reverence and less fear that THIS generation of the clans, especially the three shown in the movie, and especially especially the "flying clans" (Eastern Sea and the Omaticaya--do you have ANY idea how many of these words I have to add to my auto-spell check "okay" list?--okay, done whining) have for Toruk.

Sure, you still don't want to meet him (or a tiger) in a dark alley. But seeing up close how 'Eywa sent him to help drive off the sky demons' seems like at least in the children who grow up hearing and learning the (new) songs of this great battle will have a HUGE love of and respect for (any) Toruk.

I wonder if they will grow close to him, like the U'imi huyuticaya who have a Tuatha-like devotion and connection to (all of) the nantang (every one). (Ref: 105 Activist guide--bottom of page).

This may be one of my favorite Avatar moments. It is "real" in so many ways, and as sad as it is, it is honorable, and "right" (in a moralistic sense).

(No tigers were harmed in the writing of this post, nor were any trees used to make paper. Tigers, and nantang like to climb trees occasionally.) Toruks, not so much.

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I agree that it made it all the more "real" with Jake letting Toruk go. It is a tiger in every sense of the word and caging a tiger is one of the worst things you can do to it. Plus can you imagine it chilling among the Ikran? I don't think that would end happily.

In India the tiger is held with great reverence and fear and above all respect. I believe it is the same with Toruk.

And it's good to know that even with Toruk free to fly, it is still bonded with Jake and will probably return when the time comes, because there is no doubt in my mind that the Skypeople will return.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Although Toruk might still be bonded to Jake. Maybe the Toruk will occasionally attack Jake while he's flying to test him.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

o.O Poor Jake, hopefully the test was a one time deal. It would suck if he was just flying along and saw Toruk and was all "Hey buddy, how you doing?" and Toruk was all "Rawr! You've grown soft!" *attacks*
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Funny Tìng! Real funny! Toruk would probably come above like he did before. Jake might not be able to tell if it was his Toruk or not, most likely.