RDA/Human culture speculation

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 19, 2010, 12:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Okay, so we have discussed a lot on Na'vi philosophy, culture, jewelry, and fashion. But for anyone who has read the ASG, we know the Earth is in serious trouble. If you have been following the "A human return to Pandora" thread, what follows here will be similar, but instead of asking from the Na'vi/Pandora point of view, I want to discuss the possibilities of OUR FUTURE (humans--staying within the framework of the Avatar storyline). I am interested in what life is like on Earth, what competitors the RDA faces (QGAEs--or Quasi-Governmental Administrative Entities), and generally who and what "the Consortium" is.

We have seen the images in the ASG. It looks like Earth will either be seen in the DVD, or in A2--probably a LOT in A2. I want to talk about life on Earth, and unrestrained capitalism. I was going to start us out with a battle hymn, but the last line is so evil, so corporate RDA that even I had to stop and question its usage. I need to know if anyone else sees the (what I consider) "blatant" message form JC that our future includes indentured servitude (legal quasi-voluntary slavery to our corporate overlords), along the road to ruination. Such mass complicity and mindless consumerism of a completely asocial philosophy must be accompanied by solid propaganda. "Loyalty to Country" is an ancient and outdated notion as brand-loyalty (e.g. Walmart versus Target, Mac vs. PC, Checy vs. Ford, etc.) replaces patriotism. The "us vs. them" dichotomy remains, as it "sells product," but it is all about the money now, and capitalism is presented (marketed) as "the ultimate democracy."

On second thought, here is the opening song, with the last line removed. Anyone with a knowledge of 20th century history will probably be able to figure it out. But I don't want this thread to center around a song. I want to talk about the RDA and its allies and competitors, the weapons manufacturers and the human perspective. This may be a very dark thread psychologically. Viewer discretion is advised. So now with our opening song:

I will start us out with an opening hymn. If we may all bow our heads in reverence:

(To the tune of the timeless classic, "God Bless America," before "country loyalty" and land-based territorial boundaries were rendered all-but obsolete by the rise of multi-national corporations)

God Bless the RDA!
BRAND that I love!
Stand beside her,
and guide her--
with the strength
that comes from above!*

From Io,
to Pandora,
We're the conquerors of space!
God Bless the RDA!
--------------

(* double entendre: this line refers to rulership from above, or "in space")
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

This "motivational poster" was spotted on the RDA cafeteria wall in the maintenance-worker dining section (the "non-executive and scientist" area, or "slums")

You gotta love RDA corporate motivational posters. Who needs "Successories posters" when you have these?

This has so many layers of humor I am afraid the maintenance workers may fail to realize how many ways they are being insulted at once by the HR dept.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

kintìomum

This is so damn funny it almost hurts ;D
I knew you've been working on it, but this is more than good, it's gr-r-r-reat!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Tsawke'ong

Oh Kellogs will never have the same meaning... Welcome to the RDA (also known as corporate America) land of the ridiculous :)
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Laughing so hard right now I'm almost teary eyed.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Tefpakyu

That is SO Brilliant! I just love the smiling Palulukan, so sinister, yet so inviting at the same time  :D
-Tefpakyu-

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

ma Kaltxì, you are so lucky that you get to be on a cereal box.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 20, 2010, 07:21:24 PM
ma Kaltxì, you are so lucky that you get to be on a cereal box.

OMG! I know! Isn't it great? I look so buff! (And so sophisticated in a scarf!) Tony the Palulukan says "Support your local corporation! Report small-business to the police!"

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 20, 2010, 01:21:20 AM
This "motivational poster" was spotted on the RDA cafeteria wall in the maintenance-worker dining section (the "non-executive and scientist" area, or "slums")

You gotta love RDA corporate motivational posters. Who needs "Successories posters" when you have these?

This has so many layers of humor I am afraid the maintenance workers may fail to realize how many ways they are being insulted at once by the HR dept.

That's hilarious! It's great how well the Palulukan matches the [real] box. And it even has a prize inside!
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

'Awve Tìkameie

My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Rain

LMAO!!
But, for it to be really hard-hitting and truthful, Palulukan's extra hand should be holding a wad of money.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

http://www.dustywhite.net/Navi/RDA_motivation_poster.jpg

We should suggest those to Kellogg's. It would be very catchy!
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Ftiafpi

Robert Nantangä Tirea

wow that poster is epic win haha.

But I have to say, it annoys me how everyone finds it easy to bandwagon the USA as a being owned by oppressive corporatism when really it is people like you and me buying into it every day that helps it to thive, and yet at the same time elect officials who are AGAINST an increase in corporatism (in word at least). How does THAT work? As well, cheap overseas labor feeds the situation all the more and at the end of the day people just want a job so they can pay for the roof over their head.

Once we've successfully banned all imports and handed over all production to an elected government, we'll be able to live our eutopian lives at an extravegant cost of living under a communistic regime. Sounds like Pandora to me!

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Txur’Itan

An ascot?

Well isn't that so very 70's... =P

We need a box of Quaritch crunch.
私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Ber careful what you ask for. I can unleash that evil on the world.

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Ultimate Evil! Now available in various colors such as: dark shadow, deep black and pink.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 22, 2010, 02:14:24 PM
Ultimate Evil! Now available in various colors such as: dark shadow, deep black and pink.

[snicker]