Omiticaya
145 (67.1%)
Eastern Sea
61 (28.2%)
Horsemen of the plains
10 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 205

'Itan Atxur

He's already said that the ocean will be heavily featured In The sequel.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eyäzong

HE did? is there a video about it on youtube?
Wish me luck on my journy of learning how to speak Na'vi. :)

Sopyu

the sea sounds wonderful to live on but I question how many sea people are left after the fight. In the movie when they get the massive reinforcements of Ikran and they completly destroy them. I have paused the movie and looked. I can't spot any Na'vi people. maybe its just me? either way the idea of seeing the ocean sounds wonderfull. the scenery was breathtaking in the forest. underwater it must be unbelievable.
wake up with a smile not a grunt. start with a smile and dont let anyone take it from you. its your smile. others have thier own they just have yet to find it yet.
never tell someone off. but try to make them see why you are not pleased
look at things from not both sides but from all the sides.
love life because someday the energy that is you. the energy that you have borrowed will be returned.
do not greave for those who have left us. you will see them again and share your laughs once more.

Tsa'räni

Quote from: Unil Key on May 02, 2010, 05:41:26 PM
the sea sounds wonderful to live on but I question how many sea people are left after the fight. In the movie when they get the massive reinforcements of Ikran and they completly destroy them. I have paused the movie and looked. I can't spot any Na'vi people. maybe its just me? either way the idea of seeing the ocean sounds wonderfull. the scenery was breathtaking in the forest. underwater it must be unbelievable.

Well, to begin with, presumably it was only the warriors who came to fight.  So a clan's overall losses would be less (relative to their original total number) than it first appears.

Another thing to consider is that the Na'vi are supposedly very tough to kill.  It's quite possible a number of those knocked from the sky or felled on the ground actually ended up surviving.  If you go by the script, Tsu'tey takes a few in the chest, falls out of the shuttle, and manages to not die right away.  So I don't think we can assume that all the Na'vi "missing" from the sky or ground are actually dead.

And finally, we don't know how many total clans are out there.  Certainly Jake didn't ride around the moon gathering all the clans in that short amount of time.  Quaritch says there are more on the way, and guessed their numbers might go from 2,000 to 20,000 within a couple weeks (I think it was a couple weeks).  Or whatever the actual numbers were.  From this, at the very least, we can guess some clans were still on the way and did not participate in the battle (or only part of their force arrived in time).

When you take those three factors together, I think there are plenty of Na'vi left even in the relatively close areas to the Tree of Souls.

ShadowedSin

Clans by definition are also sub-groups of greater band societies. So all we known the fifteen clans that showed up were all members of the same general Na'vi cultural / ethnic group.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Elektrolurch

In my dreams I got saved by the Omaticaya, I love them. :) But I also love my home clan, the Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe ....
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Eyäzong

idk why, but the horsemen of the plains really catches my attention.

Elektrolurch

I've only seen them in the film, but anyway, yes. They are wonderful... the only thing I'd miss is the jungle ..

Eyäzong

yeah, but there are probably awesome animals in the plains to. small types of animals, wierd snakes, so much i could come up with. i love the horsemen of the plains

Elektrolurch

I see you. :)

I'd love to be able to experience more of the Pandora flora and fauna. But I am.. so what am I waiting for? :D

Sopyu

i have tried the game for the pc the flora and fauna were done so much better then everything else. i heard thier making the 2nd avatar movie and that its supose to have the ocean in it. can anyone confirm this? also its nice to see the horse tribe getting a few people appriciating them.
wake up with a smile not a grunt. start with a smile and dont let anyone take it from you. its your smile. others have thier own they just have yet to find it yet.
love life because someday the energy that is you. the energy that you have borrowed will be returned.
do not greave for those who have left us. you will see them again and share your laughs once more.

Eyäzong

HORSE TRIBE FTW!!!! oh and i asked the same question and supposebly James Cameron said in one of his reviews that there will be a sequal and it will have the ocean in it. :) thats what people are telling me

Tìrey Tsmukan

Yeah, here's what I've heard: supposedly the second movie is going to go much more into the lives of the Na'vi people, but of course something happens and Jake and Neytiri have to go on some sort of journey, that leads them across much of the land of Pandora.

here's what was sent to me by a friend:

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki
If you don't know this site, take a look! Its really good.

This is what it says about Avatar 2:

The Avatar Sequel is a planned sequel to the 2009 film Avatar. The film has been mentioned by producer James Cameron. It will be directed by James Cameron. Cameron has already confirmed the sequel, which will be shot before Battle Angel.

"I've had a storyline in mind from the start - there are even scenes in 'Avatar' that I kept in because they lead to the sequel," Cameron said. "It just makes sense to think of it as a two or three film arc, in terms of the business plan. The CG plants and trees and creatures and the musculo-skeletal rigging of the main characters — that all takes an enormous amount of time to create. It'd be a waste not to use it again."

Cameron has also hinted that the heroes will ventures to some of Polyphemus's other moons in the film. He also confirmed that Avatar 2 will explore the Na'vi culture more than Avatar. The director also went on to say that the film will most likely not be called "Avatar 2", since Jake is no longer an Avatar at the end of the first movie, but rather a Na'vi.

Cast

* Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
    * Zoe Saldana as Neytiri
    * Joel David Moore as Norm Spellman
    * Sigourney Weaver as Dr. Grace Augustine

Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana have signed for a trilogy. It is rumored that Giovanni Ribisi will return as Parker Selfridge. It is also rumored that Stephen Lang will return as Quaritch, though he was killed in the end of Avatar. This may mean that the next film may have flashbacks, be a prequel, or has certain scenes from before the first film. It could also mean the RDA cloned Quaritch or built him a new body. In an interview, Lang says "It's not over while I've still got DNA" strongly hinting towards a possible resurrection of Quaritch. Recently it has been confirmed that Joel David Moore will return as Norm Spellman. At the Golden Globes, Sigourney Weaver hinted at the return of her character, Dr. Grace Augustine, in some form, saying, "If you look at the footage, I don't really... I go somewhere, right? It's science fiction. Anything can happen." The actress later confirmed that she and Cameron had agreed to bring Grace back, commenting, "I'm actually in the tree. I can't promise anything, but I think James Cameron wants to bring the family together", referring to Grace, Jake, Norm, and the other humans that stayed on Pandora or helped the Na'vi.

note: it says shot before Battle angel! this means it could come out next year! yays!
anyway, there ya go guys, Eywa ngahu!

Sopyu

irayo
this helped alot. I cant wait to see more of the pandora landscape and to hear more about the culture. wonderful. either way the point of this thread is to choose what group you would join and i dont want to lead to far off.
once again irayo

Ohakya

I liked all of them, but I'd have to say that the Omaticaya was my favorate tribe!

Eywa Ngahu!

Torukä Nari

I'm balanced between the Omatikaya and the Eastern Sea tribe. I love the forest, but I also love the oceans. I voted for the Omatikaya, but who knows? I might end up an Eastern Sea tribe fan after all.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Txur Niftxavang

I am Omatikaya, and I will die Omatikaya.
"You can take the Man out of a Marine, but YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE Omatikaya OUT OF A MARINE!" - Txur Nìftxavang.           OOHRAH! & SEMPER FI!
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Fpilfyaranyu

Obviously, as the film focused on the Omatikaya, I like the idea of Kelutral and the forest, but I feel like I'd lean more towards the Eastern Sea Tribe.  Pa'li don't bother me at all, but I must admit I love the idea of riding an Ikran, coasting above the sea.
Rusan si ngeyä ayrensom

Eyamsiyu

Omaticaya, but only because I lack much knowledge of the other tribes.  If I knew more, I'd probably end up saying the Eastern Sea Clan.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Elektrolurch

Omatikaya saved me... I'm with them now. :)