Learn Na'vi > Na'vi Customs and Culture

The Na'vi don't write, do they?

<< < (2/10) > >>

Yawne Zizeā€™ite:
The images definitely aren't Chinese or Japanese; the structure is all wrong. The only one my eyes can see as Japanese is the sixth from the left, the one that's just a smudge, which my eyes want to interpret as the obsolete katakana wi. They don't really look like classic hieroglyphs either, but they might be hieratic or something.

They look like some type of icon used for branding or simple instructions (think icons used on road signs). Maybe that plank had various corporate logos on it and was reused for the school?

Kamean:
Or is it a new alphabet? :-\

Puvomun:
Mayhaps it are just some doodles the Na'vi children made.

Pam (P.A.'li makto):

--- Quote from: Puvomun on March 17, 2012, 02:25:27 pm ---Mayhaps it are just some doodles the Na'vi children made.

--- End quote ---
Up to now this is the most probable version for me.  :-\ I can imagine the children liking the idea of writing and trying to create their own signs...
Anyway what I can't imagine is that the Na'vi never tried to write their words in a way or another. I know it is stated but why?  ???

Puvomun:

--- Quote from: P.A.'li makto on March 17, 2012, 03:00:19 pm ---
--- Quote from: Puvomun on March 17, 2012, 02:25:27 pm ---Mayhaps it are just some doodles the Na'vi children made.

--- End quote ---
Up to now this is the most probable version for me.  :-\ I can imagine the children liking the idea of writing and trying to create their own signs...
Anyway what I can't imagine is that the Na'vi never tried to write their words in a way or another. I know it is stated but why?  ???

--- End quote ---

There are many tribes in South America and Africa, and probably even in other places of the world (Australian Aboriginals?), where people have not developed a form of writing. They all have their songs, stories and poems that go from generation to generation. Imagine the Inuit / Eskimos. They have nothing to write on (they use everything from the animals they catch). Also, even in Europe in the Dark Ages, most people did not read or write, and had to rely on the songs and tales from the bards and troubadours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version