The Na'vi Hairstyles

Started by Ekirä, June 15, 2010, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolet

I can just imagine Neytiri and Jake sitting there, with Neytiri making him all handsome! How cute! ;D

"Ouch! You almost yanked my hair out!"
"Sorry, ma tiyawne."

Txepä Tsyal

Quote from: kemeoauniaea on June 18, 2010, 05:56:54 PM
I know, I'm just pointing out that what some people would consider worse than death, others would consider a reasonable sacrifice (and again, it's for religious grounds as Mo'atä amputation would be were it to happen).
I seem to recall in the beginning of the movie when we saw the tendrils of the queue for the first time (jake was staring at them while all the other avatars were getting bunked down for the night) that Dr. Augustine said "Don't play with that, you'll go blind". So if causing even minor damage to those tendrils causes blindness, wouldn't their complete amputation be coma-inducing, if not even fatal? (though it is possible that Dr. Augustine was just exaggerating the severity merely to keep the jar-head from doing something stupid).
New personal modo:

Zalorticus

I believe she meant he would go blind if it went into his eye.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

P.A.'li makto

QuoteDr. Augustine said "Don't play with that, you'll go blind".
This line in the FILM translated into my language meant something like this: "Don't play with that, cat will take  it!", what we usually tell children (especially boys) when they are playing with some parts of their bodies...  ;D

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

;D :D

Hm.. I'm also a Na'vi and have a different hair style .. Long, black, wavy.. without any structure. ;D But the queue is the same.. :)
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on July 01, 2010, 01:21:48 AM
QuoteDr. Augustine said "Don't play with that, you'll go blind".
This line in the FILM translated into my language meant something like this: "Don't play with that, cat will take  it!", what we usually tell children (especially boys) when they are playing with some parts of their bodies...  ;D

ACK, that's exactly what it sounds to me, when i first heard this line.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

P.A.'li makto

QuoteACK
For Eywa's sake, don't use abbreviations, I never know what they mean!!!!! ??? ??? ???

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

I also couldn't find it out ;D

BTT, the Na'vi don't have ONE hairstyle, there's also differences... I know someone who has shorter hair... :) Like.. Jimmy Page

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on July 01, 2010, 01:51:43 AM
QuoteACK
For Eywa's sake, don't use abbreviations, I never know what they mean!!!!! ??? ??? ???

Oeru txoa livu, ACK = Acknowledged
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Allucard

personally i doubt that the tsahik's queue is removed, neytiri wouldn't have had an Ikran if that were the case. the Ikran is bound to its rider, in my opinion, if neytiri lost her queue that would be a waste of an Ikran... the Na'vi people are far smarter than to waste Eywa's works, its like buying chocolate and puting it in a box forever to save it from being eaten, it defeats the point of buying it in the first place :)

Elektrolurch

What? Nonsense. Mo'at just has her queue in front of the body.. the queue is the most important "tool" for a Tsahik...

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: Virid'ian on July 01, 2010, 05:08:08 AM
What? Nonsense. Mo'at just has her queue in front of the body.. the queue is the most important "tool" for a Tsahik...

I agree with you, at 0:43:43 her braids are clearly shown, with the scrubby end that by the other na'vi covers the tendrils.

As far as i remember, is there no sequence, where she uses it for tsahaylu.

Elektrolurch

Right, there IS no sequence.. but I'm sure to know it. :)

Lolet

Getting you queu cut off would be ridiculously painful. And no one would want to mate with the Tsahik if theydidn't really have a queu.

Elektrolurch

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Omatikaya on July 01, 2010, 09:26:09 AM
Getting you queu cut off would be ridiculously painful. And no one would want to mate with the Tsahik if theydidn't really have a queu.

It's the worst thing that can ever happen to you... but it can be remade. :)

Lolet

Elektrolurch

If a Na'vi loses his/her queue, which can happen accidentally, there's a special procedure of repairing it... (See Grace's Death)

'Oma Tirea

...but how would that restore a queue?  I thought that process was more of a spiritual transfer from one tokx to another.  Wouldn't you need a fresh tokx to begin with?
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eyamsiyu

I came in late.  Don't know that answer to the previous, but I can comment on something unresolved.

Quote from: Dracus_Pyrus13 on June 30, 2010, 10:50:01 PM
Quote from: kemeoauniaea on June 18, 2010, 05:56:54 PM
I know, I'm just pointing out that what some people would consider worse than death, others would consider a reasonable sacrifice (and again, it's for religious grounds as Mo'atä amputation would be were it to happen).
I seem to recall in the beginning of the movie when we saw the tendrils of the queue for the first time (jake was staring at them while all the other avatars were getting bunked down for the night) that Dr. Augustine said "Don't play with that, you'll go blind". So if causing even minor damage to those tendrils causes blindness, wouldn't their complete amputation be coma-inducing, if not even fatal? (though it is possible that Dr. Augustine was just exaggerating the severity merely to keep the jar-head from doing something stupid).
Quote from: Zalorticus on June 30, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
I believe she meant he would go blind if it went into his eye.

Sorry for dragging this out again, but she's referencing masturbation.  People usually say this to their kids so they don't do that, but it is completely false.  And even with that being the case, I would bet that there is validity on two counts.  1) those tendrils are basically open nerve endings.  If you touch them with something that doesn't have those, I would bet some sort of damage happens.  2) Remember that when Na'vi mate, they make tsahaylu with each other, so there is the possibility that fooling with the open ends could be a form of self-pleasure to a Na'vi.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Elektrolurch

Fooling with the open end is no self pleasure, but it's a kinda interesting feeling. Like.. your brain knows that someone is going to tsaheylu with you... And if so, it would be impossible to fly an ikran. ::)

We could clearly see Grace's tsaheylu at the moment of her Death. This can become a queue, those shiny white threads become something similar like a queue. If Grace had survived... I'm not sure, but she could have had a queue...