The Na'vi Hairstyles

Started by Ekirä, June 15, 2010, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payä Tìrol

I was under the impression that those were tendrils or shoots from the Tree of Souls that were, for lack of a better word, invading her nervous system, to imitate the function of a neural queue that humans do not have.
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Peyä Tìrol on July 02, 2010, 06:13:33 AM
I was under the impression that those were tendrils or shoots from the Tree of Souls that were, for lack of a better word, invading her nervous system, to imitate the function of a neural queue that humans do not have.
Absolutely right!

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

And Na'vi are born with a queue, Humans are not. And the brains are different...
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

P.A.'li makto

Quotethe brains are different...
... and also similar.

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on July 02, 2010, 06:59:38 AM
Quotethe brains are different...
... and also similar.

Yep. But the human brain is not made for "tsaheyluing".

Rain

I for one think that my pinkie gets in the way while I braid, so having only 4 fingers would be an advantage.
Also, I highly doubt that Mo'at ever had her queue severed. It's probably in front for the same reason her eyes are in front: speedy access.
Just wanted to put in my two cents.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Elektrolurch

Mo'at has her queue(s) just in front of her body, because she likes it. :D That's it all...

Rain

Quote from: Ikranari on July 04, 2010, 01:23:20 PM
And we dont see the pink treds beacause they can some times be hidden by the hair ;D

Mllte oe. Something like that, with direct access to the brain, may have naturally evolved some kind of sheath as a form of protection.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Eyriana

Quote from: Rain on July 04, 2010, 11:45:53 PM
Quote from: Ikranari on July 04, 2010, 01:23:20 PM
And we dont see the pink treds beacause they can some times be hidden by the hair ;D

Mllte oe. Something like that, with direct access to the brain, may have naturally evolved some kind of sheath as a form of protection.
This, as it makes a lot of sense.  I mean, otherwise, they could hurt the nerves y the hair just whipping around.  It kinda gets thrown around, especially with their hair being so long.

Lolet

I wonder what it feels like to have your queu squeezed. Does it feel good?

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on July 28, 2010, 01:24:03 PM
I wonder what it feels like to have your queu squeezed. Does it feel good?

It probably doesn't hurt too bad.  What's a lot worse is being pulled by your queue.  It's probably like someone pulling your hair, only a lot worse because you are also being pulled by neurons.
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Lolet

I can barely imagine having my queu yanked. It's like yanking on your brain.

Eyamsiyu

Hence why jake shrieked in pain when Quaritch lifted him up by his queue.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on July 28, 2010, 04:07:05 PM
Hence why jake shrieked in pain when Quaritch lifted him up by his queue.

And it seems it also felt like he could simply not let go without some trauma happening to him.

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Tompa'Ivong

yep, the same thing happens in the scene where one of the warriors grabs Jake's Queue as he winces in pain.  (when they go to Hometree for the 1st time)

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Ekirä

The scene of Quaritch holding Jake by his queue always makes me wince........talk about horrific pain!  :o

It seems like it could possibly do brain damage.....maybe when Jake gets old it will take longer for the tendrils to connect to an animal or the tree of souls? I don't know, I'm only speculating, but the tendrils look so delicate that it seems likely being hauled up by your queue would damage them.

Muzer

I assume the tendrils have a lot of slack inside the actual hair, so the hair will take most of the weight. That is, after all, the purpose of the hair, I expect - to protect the tendrils.

That's not to say it wouldn't hurt!
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Lolet

Quote from: Tompa'Ivong on July 28, 2010, 04:17:46 PM
yep, the same thing happens in the scene where one of the warriors grabs Jake's Queue as he winces in pain.  (when they go to Hometree for the 1st time)

Would a Na'vi really yank a queu?

Seems like one of those things you just don't do.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on July 28, 2010, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: Tompa'Ivong on July 28, 2010, 04:17:46 PM

Would a Na'vi really yank a queu?

Seems like one of those things you just don't do.

Sran.  To me it seemed like they were just gripping his queue, not pulling it.

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Lolet

I wouldn't even want my queu to be touched, unless I (REALLY REALLY) trusted the person. I mean, you really NEED that thing.