The Na'vi Hairstyles

Started by Ekirä, June 15, 2010, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Yeah, when they were holding Jake's queue I don't think they were trying to hurt him or yank on it--it's just a way to get complete control. He can't really escape when someone is holding it like that.

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: Ekirä on July 29, 2010, 09:00:07 AM
Yeah, when they were holding Jake's queue I don't think they were trying to hurt him or yank on it--it's just a way to get complete control. He can't really escape when someone is holding it like that.

Especialy, when the one who leads him to the Hometree holds a knife against his queue...
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Ekirä

Yeah...that's basically a direct threat. You make one wrong move and I cut your tswin, tawtute! I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate. :P

Lolet

Quote from: Ekirä on July 29, 2010, 10:12:10 AM
Yeah...that's basically a direct threat. You make one wrong move and I cut your tswin, tawtute! I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate. :P

Gives me the goosebumps.

Lolet

Though I'm thinking the queu is a pretty though thing. I mena, you'd get it caught on stuff all the time.

Ekirä

Here's something that just popped into my head--what about accidental tsaheylu? Say you're in a huge crowd of Na'vi--your queue goes flat against another person's queue, and the tendrils do what they naturally do whenever they get close to other tendrils....and voila, you have just tsaheylu-ed with someone who is not your mate. This seems to be extreme taboo, and how embarrassing...  :P

Lolet

Well it would be surprising, to say the least.

Hard to compare that to something on Earth.

Oh goodness.

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Ekirä on July 29, 2010, 02:49:05 PM
Here's something that just popped into my head--what about accidental tsaheylu? Say you're in a huge crowd of Na'vi--your queue goes flat against another person's queue, and the tendrils do what they naturally do whenever they get close to other tendrils....and voila, you have just tsaheylu-ed with someone who is not your mate. This seems to be extreme taboo, and how embarrassing...  :P
It's sweet, I like it!
But it has nothing to do with sex, doesn't it. I mean you do it with animals, too.

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

Quote from: Ekirä on July 29, 2010, 02:49:05 PM
Here's something that just popped into my head--what about accidental tsaheylu? Say you're in a huge crowd of Na'vi--your queue goes flat against another person's queue, and the tendrils do what they naturally do whenever they get close to other tendrils....and voila, you have just tsaheylu-ed with someone who is not your mate. This seems to be extreme taboo, and how embarrassing...  :P

Nope, that doesn't work.. Tsahaylu is only possible if you really want it. ;)

But: Sweet, yes. :D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Ekirä

Quote from: Virid'ian on July 29, 2010, 03:34:31 PM

Nope, that doesn't work.. Tsahaylu is only possible if you really want it. ;)

I didn't know that....interesting. I thought the tendrils sort of had a mind of their own and were open to anything else that had them  :)

Ekirä

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on July 29, 2010, 03:32:58 PM

It's sweet, I like it!
But it has nothing to do with sex, doesn't it. I mean you do it with animals, too.

I agree it isn't the same as sex, but if you read the script when Neytiri tsaheylus with Jake, it almost sounds like it's something that you only do with your mate, but I don't know. Could be either way.

Eyamsiyu

I really want to see a Na'vi queue with hair like this:

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Elektrolurch

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on July 29, 2010, 04:31:51 PM
I really want to see a Na'vi queue with hair like this:

Nice. ;D But just.. longer ;)
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Lolet

That Neytiri is incredibly sneaky.