The Omaticayan Flute

Started by TheEternalPhoenix, January 17, 2010, 08:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

YAY!!! I smell a sequel (as if we didn't already)!
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Technowraith

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 10:10:33 PM
Probably not. Maybe he is on right now looking for ideas for the next movies!

I think Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) scoured and lurked all the major LotR fan communities to get an idea of how the films were being received and learn of any major issues. He actually did use the fan communities to determine what needed to be improved and worked on for both the two towers and later for return of the king. So i wouldn't preclude the same reasoning if James Cameron were to lurk here to see how things are, or see what random new ideas we're all throwing out.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Off topic, but Peter Jackson needs to make The Hobbit.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 02, 2010, 10:26:15 PM
Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 10:10:33 PM
Probably not. Maybe he is on right now looking for ideas for the next movies!

Hello J.C. - I would make a very scary villain!

LOLZ! =)

Don't believe a word of it.  Scary villains aren't as much fun to hang out with as you are. Or as generous.

You are busted, dude.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

KettleStrange

Quote from: Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu on March 03, 2010, 02:10:51 PM
Off topic, but Peter Jackson needs to make The Hobbit.

Listening to NPR some time ago, I heard that Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro will be working on The Hobbit jointly.
Back on topic: I associated the Blue Flute with the instrument used in the Ricola commercials when I first saw the illustration.  I'm such a bad person!
'A man should be upright; not kept upright.'

Tsu'roen

Quote from: KettleStrange on March 08, 2010, 12:33:24 PM
I associated the Blue Flute with the instrument used in the Ricola commercials when I first saw the illustration. ...
That's called an Alphorn.

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

KettleStrange

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 10, 2010, 02:57:14 AM
Quote from: KettleStrange on March 08, 2010, 12:33:24 PM
I associated the Blue Flute with the instrument used in the Ricola commercials when I first saw the illustration. ...
That's called an Alphorn.

Hah, thank you!
'A man should be upright; not kept upright.'

Kaltxì Palulukan!

The first person who mentions cough medicine is getting smacked.

(I am fighting myself--for 30 minutes now--from shouting out......I won't do it. I am not going to do it.)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 10, 2010, 11:54:00 AM

(I am fighting myself--for 30 minutes now--from shouting out......I won't do it. I am not going to do it.)

HERE -- This should help.
私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 10, 2010, 01:46:17 PM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 10, 2010, 11:54:00 AM

HERE -- This should help.

OMG! You have found my kryptonite! If there was one person I hated more than anyone else on Earth growing up it was Julie Andrews, and the cause of that was A: she played Peter Pan (At 5 I figured Peter Pan should be played by a boy, not a girl), and B: That horrible musical. My face melts, like that guy at the end of Raiders, whenever I hear that voice. And so, like a total idiot, I saw what it was and still clicked on it in a "hmm, what's this?" kind of fashion. I have to go find my eyes now. I gouged them out moments ago. And then my ears, I suppose. Next my feet....
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Rikxyu

No! Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of terror from every child and mother that screams "What is that thing?!" that sees you will ring in your perfect ears.

Paraphrased a bit, but should be close. Guess the quote?
Sorry for topic derail, but I couldn't resist.
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Rikxyu on March 10, 2010, 06:25:32 PM
No! Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of terror from every child and mother that screams "What is that thing?!" that sees you will ring in your perfect ears.

Paraphrased a bit, but should be close. Guess the quote?
Sorry for topic derail, but I couldn't resist.

I set it up hoping someone would get it. Cookie for you!

kintìomum

*ting* Idea:
Regarding the size and weight of actual alphorns (widespread relatives help in such stuff) could it be that the rule that only male tribe members are allowed to play the Flute was not so much a rule to start with but a necessity?
I mean: These things are bulky and surprisingly heavy for something that's basically a metal pipe so it could be that the (first) Omatikaya just thought it would be good do give their sacred instrument not into the hands of tuté because the tutan were better suited to manage them?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Tsu'roen

Though I didn't get the impression that female Na'vi are weaklings ...
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

kintìomum

Oh in no way!
But as far as it goes it seems that female Na'vi are a bit nimbler build than the male ones.
A female Na'vi should still be able to knock out Joe Trooper with a friendly slap in the face.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Okay, so after a lot of thought, I believe the flute is gone:

JC directed Titanic (currently slated for a 3D upgrade and re-release). In that movie, the boat sank. The captain always goes down with the ship, and the band played on.

:(

But--Neytiri is now the world's first Palulukan Makto. She will be legend--and she got to makto Toruk, which does not make her a Toruk Makto, but how many people can say they maktoe'd a Toruk? 5? . . . LESS?