Re: We are the NA'VI

Started by bommel, July 06, 2010, 11:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Txur Niftxavang

PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

bommel

Ean Hufwetulyu

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on July 13, 2010, 04:45:58 PM
SRANE SRAK!!!!!!!

There's no "srak" about it ;D

'IVONG NA'VI FRAKRR!!
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Elektrolurch

Well... the Na'vi aren't patriotic at all... and if all my brothers and sisters act like this, I don't want to be one of them ..
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

'Oma Tirea

I blame the influences of 'Rrta :P
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Muzer

There's nothing wrong with being patriotic if the thing your country/clan/whatever stands for is a good thing.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Ean Hufwetulyu

Lolet

We are unified, we fight for the Na'vi way of life.

Ean Hufwetulyu

and to protect our planet

Txepä Tsyal

Quote from: Virid'ian on July 19, 2010, 04:36:28 PM
Well... the Na'vi aren't patriotic at all... and if all my brothers and sisters act like this, I don't want to be one of them ..
You may want to review what it is you are saying here.
What is wrong with showing powerful enthusiasm for a way of life in which people live as part of the world rather than on it, above it? Patriotism is defined as the love or devotion to one's country by the Marriam-Webster Dictionary, and from the same dictionary the term country is defined as 2a:the land of a person's birth, residence, or citizenship b:a political state or nation or its territory. The Na'vi most certainly are patriotic, for they fought for their homes, their right to live the way that they wish; and it was through the love of their way of life, and of Eywa, that the battle was won.
Your words (see italics) suggest that you (as many of us do, on some level or another) feel yourself a part of the Na'vi, yet your following words (see red) seem to say the opposite. The weight of the words brother and sister in many languages, and especially so in Na'vi, makes it impossible to throw them around so lightly. Brothers and Sisters are family, contextually meaning that a deep connection of love exists between them, yet you suggest that because they are conforming in a way that you dislike, that means that you may simply be rid of them like unwanted trash.
The point of the matter is my request that you do not use these words like you were talking about random and meaningless strangers.

Rant over, I am truly sorry if I caused any offense with this post.
New personal modo:

Elektrolurch

Yeah I know. ;D Hmm... I'm just not in love with myself..
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Lolet

Quote from: Virid'ian on July 20, 2010, 03:13:04 AM
Yeah I know. ;D Hmm... I'm just not in love with myself..

That's a good thing!

Ean Hufwetulyu

we will bring a new change to 'rrta

Ean Hufwetulyu

now what our first step?

bommel

Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on July 21, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
now what our first step?
Taking over the world? There is a new security hole in the Windows OS, so I guess a large scale cyber attack would be sufficient xD

Muzer

Yep - Microsoft fail with shortcuts :P

Apparently the best current workaround is to disable icons for shortcuts. Not the best workaround ever ;)
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

bommel

Quote from: Muzer on July 21, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
Yep - Microsoft fail with shortcuts :P

Apparently the best current workaround is to disable icons for shortcuts. Not the best workaround ever ;)
No ^^
Kudos to the people finding those holes! I introduced myself a bit to that stuff and I got so far to write exploits (harmless ones, e. g. opens Calculator or sth like this) for known security holes but I can't find them on my own xD

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: bommel on July 21, 2010, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on July 21, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
now what our first step?
Taking over the world? There is a new security hole in the Windows OS, so I guess a large scale cyber attack would be sufficient xD
well yes and no