Where did Grace get the banana fruit? (and why give it to Jake?)

Started by Mithcoriel, March 01, 2010, 11:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsu'roen

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Alright, alright, what's all this, then?

I'm with the karma police, and I am going to have to award you two both one cookie for excellent discussion, attention to detail, resourceful quoting of reference, and excess politeness. Now let's not linger about here. We have forums to keep clean.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

omängum fra'uti

It's also worth noting that if something grows high in the canopy, that probably means it is wanting of sunlight.  Since they cleared the forest from where the compound was built, then sunlight is plentiful there where it would not be normally under the shading canopy of the forest.

However, I didn't think it looked particularly like a push fruit...  But the argument for it being one does make sense.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Also true síltsan!

I'm a terrible gardener so there are probably plenty of points fly right over my head...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Mithcoriel

Hm...I watched the scene again and you were right, it doesn't look like a push fruit. The fruit Grace throws at Jake is perfectly round, like a purple wrinkly volleyball, whereas a push fruit is more...dunno, like a floppy bag, like a partially filled water balloon. When Jake took a bite, the juice oozed out, but not in the way you'd imagine that push fruit would spill out its contents if you squeeze it (like a popsicle).
Also, you actually see Grace picking it from a Navi-sized plant. (I hadn't been sure if you actually see her picking it.)
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Rolyu

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I got Pics!!!

I hope this can clear some things up. I don't know the differences between the fruits you guys are talking about (I don't have the ASG)

pic 1:grace grabs fruit
pic 2: it shows the plant she grabbed it from
pic .5: shows grace not holding any fruit when she walks over. (unless she is holding it with her tail :O)
(CRAAAAAP, stupid pics are too big, I can email if you really want them.)(only have number 1 in but its the best i think.)

hope these clear things up.

P.S. if you need pics form the movie, I can get you anything. ;)
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

um... yeah. As long as they are cleared by FOX, and not copyrighted material that can get LN in trouble.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Mithcoriel

I'd scan in a pic from the ASG, but I'm assuming that would be against copyright, wouldn't it? Even though I'm only using it as reference material?
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Best to simply say "Hey! Look on page X of the ASG, as this proves my point." besides, every LN member should have the ASG (or save up the ten bucks for it). It really doubles the amount of knowledge one has on Avatar. Inaccuracies aside, it really is a great book, and it adds to the Avatar movie enjoyment immensely.

But... you *can* (I have done this) go to amazon, click "search inside" and find the pic you are looking for--and copy THAT link into a message and say "click here if you don't have the ASG, and it will either get people directly to the image, or at least to the ASG where they can find the image in a few seconds--and no one can ever accuse you of ill intent.