Fwela fya'o!

Started by 'Oma Tirea, January 02, 2012, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

Ma frapo, It has now been more than a week without a special Na'vi.  The last NotW seems to have nominated a new NotW who hasn't yet posted their thread.  If there is no NotW this week, I'm seriously considering closing this forum.

If you are the current NotW, I strongly recommend coming up with your bonus question as you decide upon your NotW.  It took me all week until my bonus question was finally answered, and it came up about halfway through my week (IIRC).

Nìmuve, don't worry if your question seems dull or dumb, 'cause chances are that it's not :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Toruk Makto

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on January 02, 2012, 04:08:58 PM
Ma frapo, It has now been more than a week without a special Na'vi.  The last NotW seems to have nominated a new NotW who hasn't yet posted their thread.  If there is no NotW this week, I'm seriously considering closing this forum.

If you are the current NotW, I strongly recommend coming up with your bonus question as you decide upon your NotW.  It took me all week until my bonus question was finally answered, and it came up about halfway through my week (IIRC).

Nìmuve, don't worry if your question seems dull or dumb, 'cause chances are that it's not :)

Instead of closing the forum, perhaps you could restart the chain by choosing a new NotW yourself as the forum moderator...

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tanri

To me as well, the idea of closing and maybe even deleting this part of forum sounds very bad.
The NOTW project represents a significant portion of history of entire forum, and a lot of people had placed a piece of themselves here.
What about a news banner on top of every page of our forum? Can we place there a notice about the broken chain and that the LN forum seeks new Na'vi of the week?
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Tsmuktengan

No one should no who has been selected NotW. I do not want to see this forum section closed as well.

Chain should be restarted in a way or the other.

'Oma Tirea

Tam, someone has been chosen (you know who you are, don't reveal yourself just yet), but if this goes on for another week, I'm having them start at #87 instead of #86.

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Oma, it is good you are addressing this with an alternate plan. NoTW is something that not only reflects history here, but is a useful resource for getting to know the active users here. The respondent numbers I saw when I briefly looked around here still look reasonable from the time I was NoTW. So, I think this is a 'breakdown' as opposed to a 'lack of interest'. (I am remiss in that I have not been commenting on NoTW's in some time. This lack of response happened at a time when I had to cut activity here back for a while, and I never got back into the habit.)

We all saw what happened when the entire Neytiri Project was deleted. Please do not repeat the same mistake here!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Blue Elf

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 03, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
Ma Oma, it is good you are addressing this with an alternate plan. NoTW is something that not only reflects history here, but is a useful resource for getting to know the active users here.
This. It is nice to have option to read about great people here, it is often very interesting
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 03, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
We all saw what happened when the entire Neytiri Project was deleted. Please do not repeat the same mistake here!

I wasn't thinking of deleting any threads here, just seeing to it that the forum would be locked.  But now that the issue is resolved, awngari te'lan mawey slivu :)

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Ningey

Could it be that someone has missed his cue here? ???
We already have a new week, but no new NotW.

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Human No More

I think there are enough people to keep it going... this is the first real disruption I've noticed.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Human No More on March 21, 2012, 07:27:55 PM
I think there are enough people to keep it going... this is the first real disruption I've noticed.
Exactly...  >:(

Ningey

So the question that remains: Now what? How do we get the cycle restarted?
There would be a few options, though.
a) Wait if the designated NotW reveals himself (likely to be a failure again)
b) Give UtS a second chance to designate another person (there's a good chance to get this restart)
c) Relaunch the cycle manually ('Oma Tirea's choice)

I wouldn't want to lose this concept :( - I think this is much better for getting to know someone much better than is usually possible in the intro section...

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

-- Benjamin Franklin

Irtaviš Ačankif

I've nominated a person. He seems confused on how to be the NotW and he will post his thing March 26. Sorry for the break I caused  :(
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Ningey

I'd say that that isn't your fault since you didn't make any mistake here.

-- Albert Einstein

-- Benjamin Franklin

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

I have the NotW badge on my profile right now but I have never been nominated. I did not get the questions thread so I dunno... Also, my name is not on the roster at all so I am very confused.

I sure hope I have not messed up here.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

'Oma Tirea

Nì'awve, irayo for noticing.  I can allow for a week's gap (It's happened before).

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on March 23, 2012, 07:29:47 PM
I've nominated a person. He seems confused on how to be the NotW and he will post his thing March 26. Sorry for the break I caused  :(
Kea ekxan :)

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on March 25, 2012, 10:13:26 PM
I have the NotW badge on my profile right now but I have never been nominated. I did not get the questions thread so I dunno... Also, my name is not on the roster at all so I am very confused.

I sure hope I have not messed up here.
The questions thread is here.  Bottom post is the BBCode for the questions.  All you have to do to start is post a new thread with the title "NotW #97: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)" with the questions answered in your post.  Enjoy your week :)

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Irtaviš Ačankif

I didn't pick Meuiama...i picked somebody else. System bug? ;)
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Someone picked me cause it was pointed out and I looked, I have the badge on my profile... Message me please

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Tsmuktengan

There is no new NotW currently.  :(

I would have hoped to catch up on my participation here, I could not answer the recent nominees...

Ningey

Is there currently a NotW (who could possibly resume this on Monday)? If no, how do we get this restarted now?
It would be a shame if this came to a halt... :(

-- Albert Einstein

-- Benjamin Franklin