NotW: Ideas & Discussion

Started by tsrräfkxätu, March 24, 2010, 04:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should NotW be closed until there is more activity on the forum?

Yes
4 (28.6%)
No
7 (50%)
Change it to Na'vi of the Month
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 17, 2013, 01:51:02 AM

Swokéyan

Didnt see this before, but i really like the idea ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Niwantaw

look!

it haz it's own board now!
Only mostly AWOL.

Prrwll Nari

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 07, 2010, 07:09:34 PM
look!

it haz it's own board now!

Oh wow! I hadn't even noticed I was in a different section of the site till you said that  :o
I'm really excited to get this started. This is going to be such a fun way to get to know people on this forum!

Ftiafpi

Nice! This is such a great idea! I totally support this.

Unilfwewyu

I love this idea (I want to be NotW :P )

When does it start?
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Txur’Itan

I love the language.

I have a few songs to sing.

And I want to be able to do stand up comedy in the language, and be able to have people laugh at the jokes.  SO in a way, I would love to help invent Na'vi humor.

For instance!  See the attached links.

[smg id=336]

私は太った男だ。

Swokéyan

Lawl looks funny but i dont know what it means because i still suck at Na'vi :o
Lurkin' the forums

Toruk Makto

Oel fpìmìl leioanga aysketi eana lìmu?

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Plumps

Sounds like a great idea! I repeat the impatient yet unavoidable question: When does it start? ;D

tsrräfkxätu

Hey all!

Sorry to have been so silent lately. I'm really glad that some of you like the idea – your support is much appreciated! :D I didn't say when the NotW was going to launch because I didn't know. I still don't know because some final details are being ironed out at this moment but I can promise that we will start soon... Believe me when I say this: I can't wait to begin! :D
párolt zöldség — muntxa fkxen  

Skxawng

Cool idea. Looking forward to seeing the results :)

It might be a good idea to have a Sticked, and locked topic, an archive of the NotW results

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

tsrräfkxätu

Once their week of fame is over, NotWs' threads will be locked, but they will remain in this board for all to see. There is no need to sticky them though, as there won't be anything else here.

Étienne

Skxawng

I didn't mean sticky the threads indivudally - I meant take the original post responding to all of the questions, (using magical moderator powers!) and then add it to a single topic containing all of the responses.

Dark Lord: The dark side is strong with this one.

tsrräfkxätu

Ah, I understand. We'll see how messy it will get. If very then this is a good idea, I'll keep it in mind.

Congrats on your LVLUP ma Skxawng! :D

tsrräfkxätu

I know something I won't tell, I won't tell, I won't tell...

Ma frapo! I'm delighted to announce that we have our first NotW! Would you like to know who? Click on the spoiler!

So brace yourselves! Come next Monday, the game is on!! :D

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums

Skxawng

Ftiafpi