NotW #10: omängum fra'uti

Started by omängum fra'uti, June 21, 2010, 04:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omängum fra'uti

Fte oe livu keteng, oeyä tì'eyngìri tsun nga tivìng mikyun!

Who are you?

Oeru fko syaw omängum fra'uti.  Oeyä tstxo angay lu Steven Lang.  Srane, na *kemtu a lolu Colonel Quaritch.  Oe kelku soli pxaw kllpxìltu SänFränsiskoä mì sìrey awotx oeyä (slä kawkrr ke soli mì Sän Fränsisko...  Nì'aw lok tsatseng).  Plltxe nì'ìnglìsì sì nìna'vi nì'aw, slä nìaynga, mi nerume fte pivlltxe nìna'vi.  Vay krr a fìtseng oe zola'u, oe pxìm eltuä lefngap uvan si na san Aion sìk sì san LOTRO sìk (slä kawkrr uvan ke si san WoW sìk, si irayo ngar nìtxan).

I am omängum fra'uti.  My real name is Steven Lang.  Yes, like the actor who was Colonel Quaritch.  I have lived around the San Francisco area my whole life (but never in San Francisco, just near).  I speak English and Na'vi only, but like you, I am still learning Na'vi.  Until I came here, I often played computer games like Aion and LOTRO (but I never played WoW, thank you very much).

Why are you here?

Sngamä'i tsaw nìwotx maw krr a oel Uniltìrantokxit tsole'a, fwolew lì'ut san skxawng sìk talun tsa'u lu nì'aw li'ut a oel zerok ta tsarel arusikx.  Slä oe lolu leskxawng ulte fwolew san scoun sìk.  Oe ke zene ayngar piveng, ke'ut ke rolun.  Ha hay, fwew sänumet lì'fyayä lena'vi, tsakrr fìtsenget rolun krr a tsaw lolu mip (muvea trr, oe spaw).  Fra'u alahe lu vur ftawnemkrrä.

Vay tsakrr, oe fmi nivume lì'fyat alahe (lespawnyol sì lenauatìl sì lelotspan) slä kawkrr ke tsolun slivä.  Oel ke omum lunit a lì'fya lena'vi keteng lu, slä tsaw lu.  Set, oe srung sivi sngä'iyu tìnusumeyä a fì'u oeru prrte' lu, tafral oe 'ì'awn ulte krrnekx nìhawng nìtxan fìtseng.

It all started after I saw Avatar, I searched for the word "Skxawng" because that was the only word I remembered from the movie.  But I was stupid and searched for "scoun".  I don't need to tell you, I didn't find anything.  So next I searched for Na'vi lessons, and I found this place when it was new (Second day, I believe).  The rest is history.

Until then, I had tried to learn other languages (Spanish, Nauatl, and Lojban) but I never could succeed.  I don't know why Na'vi is different, but it is.  Now, I enjoy helping beginners, so I stay and spend way too much time here.

Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

Ta tìsngä'i, furia srung si aylaru, oe txopu ke si.  Ke lamu frakrr tìeyawr oer, slä oe mi srung si.  Mì ftawnemkrr, ro aysenge alahe, fko syamaw oeru, tute a omängum fra'uti, ta oeyä hem.  Lolam oer fwa oe hem si tengfya fìtsenge.  Ha oe syäpaw tsaw fa lì'fya lena'vi.

Oeyä rel, lu hì'ia hapxì fìrelä a tuteo alahe ngolop, ulte tsat oel molunge nìtxanew.

From the beginning, I was not afraid to help others.  I wasn't always right, but I still helped.  In the past, elsewhere I have been called a know-it-all, because of my actions.  I could see that I was doing the same here.  So I called myself that in Na'vi.

My pic is a small part of this picture that someone else created, and I took shamelessly.

Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Kehe.

What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

Oel ke tsun pivlltxe san oel lì'ut nulnew to lì'u alahe sìk, slä pxìm sar fralì'ut a oel sa'ut omum fte oeru livu tskxekeng atxan nìtam.

I can't say I prefer any words, but I use all the words that I know often so I can get plenty of practice.

In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

San Na'vi in a Nutshell sìk lu txana sänume!
Puk aylì'uä ta Taronyu lu tìsar nìtxan.
Slä tìngop anawm frato lu pamrel lena'vi nìwotx a ta frapo fìtsenge.

"Na'vi in a Nutshell" is an excellent source of instructions.
Taronyu's dictionary is very useful.
But the greatest creation is all the Na'vi writing from everyone here.

Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Oe kawkrr kawkem ke si fìtsenge....

Tse...  Kxawm sänumvi apawnlltxe a oe ngerop.

I never do anything here!

Well...  Perhaps the voice spoken lessons I am creating.

What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

Tsal kin lì'fyat lena'vi nì'ul!  Omum oel lena'via fralì'ut a tsranten.  Slä mi ke tsun tslivam aylì'ut nìwotx ta sìrol.  (Oe fmeri!)

It needs more Na'vi language!  I know all the important Na'vi lines.  But I still can not understand all the words from the songs.  (I'm trying!)

Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Srane.  Set oe krrnekx fìtsenge ulte tsun pivlltxe nìna'vi.  Tsamungwrr, kehe, oeyä tìrey ke lolatem nìngay.

Yes.  Now I spend time here and can speak Na'vi.  Besides that, no, my life hasn't really changed.

If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Pxeya tìpawm nì'aw pak?  Ke tsun tsakem sivi.  Lu oeru sìpawm apxay nìtxan!  Slä fpi aynga, tsun fpivìl teri tìpawm apxey...  Pivawm Kämeranur, talun tsun oe pivawm Karyu Pawlur nìftue nìtam.  (Tolel tì'eyngit....  Tsa'u lu txele alahe.)

Pefya hifkey a pxaw Eywa'eveng mìn ulte rikx?
Lu Na'vir pefnetokx?  (Ftxey for lu tokxä ayhapxì nìayoeng fuke?  KEHE!  Tsaw ke lu nìfya'o a oe fperìl! :P  Muntxanängewyu!)
Pefya lu tìrey letrrtrr na'viyä?

Only three questions???  I can't do that!  I have so many questions.  But for you, I can think about three...  I would ask Cameron, because I can already ask Frommer easily enough.  (Recieving an answer...  that's a different matter.)

How do the worlds around Pandura turn and move?
What sort of body do the Na'vi have?  (Do they have the same sort of body parts as us or not?  NO!  That's not what I was thinking. :P Pervert!)
What is the Na'vi daily life like?

What else do you do in you free time?

Oe tìkangkem si fa eltu lefngap (Sran, fpi tìprrte').  Nìsok, oe sngä'i rivikx nefä fa tskxe.  Nìpawneng, uvan si fa eltu lefngap.  (Ulte krr a oe tsun, uvan lekifkey si a fì'u oeru prrte' lu.)  Kop nìsok sngä'i Yoka si, ulte oeyä tokx tìsraw si nìtxan!  (Slä oel omum futa lu oeru fpomtokx nì'ul tafral.)

I work with computers (Yes, for pleasure).  Recently I began rock climbing.  As was said, I play computer games.  (And when I can, I like playing regular games too.)  I also recently started doing Yoga, and does my body ache!  (But I know I will be healthier from it.)

Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Txaykrr.  Oel frakrr fpolìl futa fo lu sevin nìtxan nang!  (Slä ke lu kea fnel ateyr nì'aw...  Tsafnel set muntxa soli na spe'etu sawtuteyä nì'aw, ulte pxaya sutel taykrrit hu peyä tsmuk muntxa seykoli fte nì'aw slivu nì'ul teyra taykrr.)
Kätä ayfnel alahe.  Teng lun.
Rät.  Fo lu le'eylan sì kanu.

Ta pi oe txopu si, taluna fo tsun oeti tspivang.

Tiger.  I always thought that they were very beautiful.  (But not only white tigers.  That variety now only breeds in captivity, and many people had inbred them just to create more white tigers.)
Other types of cats.  Same reason.
Rat.  They are so friendly and smart!

I'm afraid of bees, because they can kill me.

Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Palulukan tsun yivom tsìnga tsat nìwotx!

Kxawm ketsawne'a kekerusey palulukan lefngap ta txampay srak?

A thanator can eat all four of those.

Perhaps an zombie-ninja-pirate-robot thanator?

What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

Eylan (a tsun oe fohu pivlltxe nìna'vi), sì syuve (a tsun ayoe yivom tengkrr nume fte tivaron), sì sko ayswizaw (fte tsivun tivaron fa sa'u)

Friends (That I can speak Na'vi with), food (that we can eat while we learn to hunt), and bows and arrows (To hunt with)

If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Ningay, oe tsakem ke si.  Oel omum fya'ot a rivey fìtsenge sì fìkrr.  Pelun fpivìl futa hivawl fte rivey nìfya'o alahe?  Tsivun pivlltxe san oe new rivey hu na'vi fte feyä lì'fyat nivume sìk, slä tsunslu nì'ul tsakrr fwa oel nivume fya'ot a oe 'efu oeti fkol toltivem fa swizaw atsawl nìtxan.

Really, I wouldn't.  I know how to live here and now.  Why should I think that I am prepared to live some other way?  I could say that I want to live with the Na'vi to learn their language, but more likely I would learn how it feels to be shot with a very big arrow.

If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Kifkey a luke tsam sì tìska'a, tsatseng a sute rivey nìfpom.

A world without war and destruction, where people can live peacefully.

What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Oe pivawm oer san pehem sivi nga new ta tìnusume lì'fyayä lena'vi ngeyä? sìk ulte nì'eyng oe pivlltxe san nì'awve, oel lì'fyat lena'vi fteria taweyka tsakem oeru prrte' lu nìtxan.  (Txokefyaw, oel kea fìtsenget ke tok, kefyak?)  Slä kop lu oeru unil a trro oel rivun tutet a po yawne livu oer sì tsivun oe por sänume sivi fte pivlltxe nìna'vi.  Kxawm moeru lu tìmuntxayä pänu a fa lì'fya lena'vi. ;D  Fu kxawm tsakem ke lu.

I would ask myself, "What do you want to come of your learning Na'vi?"  And in response, I would say, "I primarily study Na'vi because I really enjoy it.  (Otherwise I wouldn't be here, right?)  But I have also have a dream that some day I would find someone to love who I could teach to speak Na'vi.  Perhaps we could have our wedding vows using Na'vi. ;D  Or perhaps not.

True or false?

• Apxa atxkxe arusikx lolem fìtsenge a krr, oeti tsal syolängep trr amuve vay krr sute tsolun oet zivong.
  • Krr a oe lolu 'ewan, oel ngop, hu aylertu a ta numetseng, relit arusikx a na Rampo.  Ke lolu oeru txur sì tìtstew, ha tsarel lu hiyìk nìwotx.  Slä tsarelit fkol wolìntxu suter nìwotx a mì sanumetseng (Ke lolu hì'ia numesteng).
  • 'Awlo tsawla ioangìl (a na palulukan) oeti tolakuk fa peyä tsyokx (a lu tsaru ayzekwä apxi).

• In a big earthquake, I was trapped for two days before people were able to rescue me.
  • When I was young, I made a movie like Rambo with classmates.  I was not strong or brave, so it was quite strange.  But the movie was shown to the entire school.  (It was not a small school.)
  • Once a large wild cat (Think very large dog size) struck me with it's paw (which had sharp claws, of course)

What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Ke tsun oe pivlltxe san oeri kemo a na tsa'u lolen.

I can't say anything like that has happened to me.

How often do you practice your Na'vi and how?

Letrr.  Oel pivlltxe aylì'ut sì aylì'fyavit a oe omum, tsakrr sa'ut livatem fte pivlltxe nìmun.  Oeyä palulukanur pivlltxe nìna'vi.  (Slä po mi ke stawm.)  Ayuteri letrrtrr oe päplltxe nìna'vi.  Zoplo si aymaktoyu alahe nìna'vi krr a kä ne tìkangkem oeyä.  Fmi tslivam aylì'ut a sute alahe pamrel si.  Nari si aysäfpìlur asìltsan, sì sìkxeyru.  Ta tsaw, nume.  Ayalo, oeru tìkxey lu nìteng...  Slä frakrr nerume ta tìkxey oeyä.

Nìtsranten frato, kawkrr ke ftang!

Daily.  I speak words and phrases that I know, then I change them to say again.  I talk to my cat in Na'vi.  (But he still doesn't listen.)  I talk to myself about ordinary things in Na'vi.  I yell at other drivers in Na'vi on the way to work.  I try to understand what other people write.  I pay attention to the good ideas, and the mistakes.  I learn from them.  Sometimes, I make mistakes too...  But I am always learning from my mistakes.

Most importantly, I never stop!
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Muzer

F/T/F.

Trapped in an earthquake sounds a little unlikely, making a film I can imagine, but you're easily too nice for a cat to attack you - plus a wild cat would probably prefer to run away.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

P.A.'li makto

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Muzer on June 21, 2010, 04:52:10 AM
F/T/F.

Trapped in an earthquake sounds a little unlikely, making a film I can imagine, but you're easily too nice for a cat to attack you - plus a wild cat would probably prefer to run away.
When a big earthquake hits, lots of people end up trapped in buildings and under other structures.  I will say that I was indeed in that earthquake I linked, and the pictures in wikipedia only start to scratch the surface of what the aftermath was like.  In 21 years I have never forgotten exactly when it was, how big, and where I was when it hit.  But that is all I will say for now.  You get to figure out if the place I was at was under/inside a structure that collapsed.

It actually could have been a lot worse.  Any other day, and the freeway that collapsed would have been bumper to bumper traffic because of rush hour.  But that day, there was a baseball game between both the local teams, so people went there instead.  While the stadium cracked and was damaged, it survived and nobody there was severely injured.  However, I'm not a baseball fan so I was not at the game.

Muzer

I may have studied that one in geography, it sounds familiar...

omängum fra'uti

Set oe 'efu koak...  Ngal ftolia fì'ut a lolen oeru...

Muzer

Oel fpìl futa fol latem soka ayhrrit fte aysuteru eltur tìtxen si.

kewnya txamew'itan

Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

SunTzu te tsamtseo

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Plumps

Tewti, ma Omängum

Tìkangkem sì tìyawn a kem soli nga fte ayoer wivìntxu fya'ot a ngar yawne lu lì'fya leNa'vi nìtxan lu txantsan! Stivawm ngeyä mokrit ulte ngeyä tìpuslltxe woeiu oer nìtxan frakrr! Tsakemìri oe seiyi irayo ngar.

Ftiafpi

Txantsan ma oeyä 'eylan!

Gotta rush this so less Na'vi more talki. I've studied some of the Loma Prieta Earthquake being a structural engineer, that quake really impacted how structures are designed for seismic activity. I can totally believe that you were trapped under something for two days as you weren't the only one by far.

Ngay/Ngay/Tsleng.

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 21, 2010, 11:39:57 AM
Txantsan ma oeyä 'eylan!

Gotta rush this so less Na'vi more talki. I've studied some of the Loma Prieta Earthquake being a structural engineer, that quake really impacted how structures are designed for seismic activity. I can totally believe that you were trapped under something for two days as you weren't the only one by far.

Ngay/Ngay/Tsleng.

Yay! Someone who knows stuff agrees with my guesses! I hope this means mine are right, not yours are wrong ma ftiafpi.  :D

The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

learnnavi's

Niwantaw

TTF
because they said so...
and they are clever... (ish)
Only mostly AWOL.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 21, 2010, 04:37:33 AM
Oeru fko syaw omängum fra'uti.  Oeyä tstxo angay lu Steven Lang.  Srane, na *kemtu a lolu Colonel Quaritch.  Oe kelku soli pxaw kllpxìltu SänFränsiskoä mì sìrey awotx oeyä (slä kawkrr ke soli mì Sän Fränsisko...  Nì'aw lok tsatseng).  Plltxe nì'ìnglìsì sì nìna'vi nì'aw, slä nìaynga, mi nerume fte pivlltxe nìna'vi.  Vay krr a fìtseng oe zola'u, oe pxìm eltuä lefngap uvan si na san Aion sìk sì san LOTRO sìk (slä kawkrr uvan ke si san WoW sìk, si irayo ngar nìtxan).

I am omängum fra'uti.  My real name is Steven Lang.  Yes, like the actor who was Colonel Quaritch.  I have lived around the San Francisco area my whole life (but never in San Francisco, just near).  I speak English and Na'vi only, but like you, I am still learning Na'vi.  Until I came here, I often played computer games like Aion and LOTRO (but I never played WoW, thank you very much).

Whoa....  Never would've guessed that one :o :D
Seen any other AVATAR actors or famed AVATAR staff here at forum.learnnavi.org hidden beneath those usernames?

My guesses: F/T/T
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

omängum fra'uti

Oe ke lu nìngay po...  Nì'aw lu moeru tstxo ateng.

I'm not ACTUALLY him, just the same name.

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 21, 2010, 11:39:57 AM
Tse'a srak?  Tsal oeti KE 'eykefu koak...  Taluna frakrr sutel ftia sa'ut fte txivul nìltsan nì'ul.  (Lu sìltsan fwa fo tsakem si, ta feyä tìkangkem, sìtxur a mì fìkllpxìltu tsun rivikx nìtxan nì'ul vay krr a sa'ut fkol skola'a.  A fì'uri, oe ngaru forusì seiyi irayo.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

'eoioa kaltxì. ma `eylan Omängum nang. Oe nga sìlpey mowan sivi krr ngayä. Ngal txan tìkangkem soli fpi fkoti. Sìiltsan hrr lu nga nang.

Oe plltxe ngay/tsleng/ngay. Nga hì`i palulukan tsolun livu kxukr (cougar).

Congratulations, my friend Omìngum! I hope you enjoy your week. You have earned it. You have a good time!

I say T/F/T. Your cat could be a cougar.

And speaking of earthquakes and bridge collapses, this article describes a test that was done in a building a few hundred yards behind where I work. http://www.scientificcomputing.com/news-DS-110-foot-Concrete-Bridge-withstands-Earthquake-Simulation-061810.aspx Some neat video links at the end of the article.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

G,G,C...(Ng,Ng,Ts)<T,T,F>

TEWTI!!!

AMOMUM oel futa ngal fya'ot rivun fte ngivop tì'eyngit a to oeyä txantsan nì'ul leiu.

Ngaytxoa...nìawnomum lu oe kawng nìtxan ulte ke polawm ngar oel kea tìpawmit nìkeftxo...slä set lu ngar tìpawmit a tsun nga 'iveyng. ke tsun spivaw futa teri tsaw oe tswolänga'. Omum oel futa tsun nga fpivìl teri tì'eyng ahiyìk..a tsalun ngeyä upxare lu oer yawne. frakrr hiyìk leiu. ulte leiu ngeyä tì'eyng tsìnga tìpawmìri Txantsan. oe holangham nìtxan!!

kewnya txamew'itan

I just thought these are getting more and more impressive with each NotW, soon we'll have performance captured answer podcasts nìna'vi nì'aw at this rate! :D

learnnavi's

Kyle Kepone

Having lived through the 94 Northridge earthquake (I was a toddler) and knowing a bit of California geology, I can say confidently TTF. Of course, he already answered the first one.
Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com