NotW #101 - Nantang 'Rrtayä

Started by guest2859, April 30, 2012, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
My name is Dante Murray, or Dominic or Donnie, just depends on when you met me. I'm 17, and work as a dishwasher and Front Expo at a local restaurant here in Dumas, Texas. (Just to let some of you know, Texas isn't "cowboy" country 80% of the time. The majority is actually Mexican) I go to school, and will graduate in 25 days from the posting of this message. I'm glad to be out of school, but when I'm out, I get to go in for true full-time at work because I have to get finances together when I move to Salt Lake City to attend Neumont University for web programming.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
I'm here because I was ready to throw out my life and jump into the forest a day after Avatar came out (Go RLNT), but that wouldn't be the best of ideas at this instant, even worse then. I was just out minding my business when my elderly neighbor gave me the Activist Survival Guide, and when I saw the dictionary in the back, behold Google+Na'vi. Then I found this place. Took me about 3 days to join the forums because I was very involved at Cheatmaster's Forums, but this overtook that completely.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
I have a list for these actually...
Arcringno - I made this up in either '08 or '09 because my previous name of DemonRedWolf was overused, and I just started using that.
Nargacuga667 - This is the one I use now that also Replaces Arcringno
Nantang 'Rrtayä - This is the one I use exclusively for this website, and I tuned it down from Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä to without the coloration, because I just wanted a translation that meant simply "Wolf". Well, an Earthly Viperwolf would have to be a Wolf, so I just went with that.
The picture is Kanji for Wolf, and I made that design on my DeviantART account forever ago. It's 1 of 2 of my prints, and I have an actual physical copy of it. I have an array of Kanji in that design, but the one for my avatar is the one that came out best when I upped the resolution.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Oe nìNa'vi ke plltxe. Yes, I'm sure what I said is correct, but now I'm not so much the speaker anymore. I'm slightly more interested in learning Dovah now, but it has nothing to expand on. Also, this sentence is false.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
Vrrtep. Well, I don't speak it, but Vrrtep is my favorite because I have an interest in demonology (I'm not the witchcraft type, I only research demons), and the Demons are our local mascot.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
Na'vi in a Nutshell
All the Dictionaries
And RLNT (if it counts as Content)

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
Real Life Na'vi Tribe. That's about it, but the project's at a halt and I'm one of the few still expecting to do this.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
Liked- Graphics. Always the graphics. I'm sure if I could afford the multi-thousand dollar tattoo, I'd get a special type of tattoo paint and dye my skin blue. Well, I don't know how I'd walk or function the 2 weeks after it but I'd certainly enjoy it.
Disliked- Quaritch. Simply, Quaritch.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Not majorly, but it helped me meet people. I guess the weirdest part of it is when I met a whole new array of friends when someone else from this town actually also found this website.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Cameron - Why no skin diversity? It's cool that you can tell male from female based on stripe directions, but why does the shade of blue hardly change?
Frommer - Would you ever design a written form yourself?
Cameron - How is Avatar II and III going to be pulled off in the environments you're shooting for?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Let's see... Skyrim and Magic the Gathering. I'm not necessarily a nerd, but you don't have to be one for either of those really. I just like medieval stuff and the idea of shooting flames out of your hands, so I do that. I also opened up a WOW subscription yesterday, and I've been told by many that my life just began a downhill phase. Well, at least I'll enjoy it.
+Music.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Wolf - Their look and superiority. It's just amazing, and I want a pet one. Plus they're just that freakin' awesome.
Fox - Like wolves, but not as cool.
Coyote - Ditto.
Main fear? Spiders. Don't even get me started.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Lycan. Your argument is invalid.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
Guitar - Something to do in free time
Machete - Good tool for practical use as a tool and hunting weapon.
Gallon Jug - Well, I wouldn't drink straight from a river if I didn't have to.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
Ancient Rome, for the lute music and classic warfare. Oh, they joy that would be.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
Ability to see spirits. That would just be cool.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Justin Bieber, Hitler, Gaddafi, Kim Jong-Il, Vlad the Impaler and President Snow of Panem are all in a room, and you have a pistol with 5 rounds. Who do you shoot?
Justin Bieber with every round. Then use the gun to beat his corpse. I just might be that sadistic to do that if it ever happens.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1- I've caused my workplace to crash and burn for an hour because of a pan of potatoes.
2- I know what certain demons sound like when they are angry.
3- I have 20 shirts in my dresser that have nothing but wolves on them.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
I find it hard to answer this question, Avatar just hasn't had me addicted. I guess when a classmate yells at you during a class presentation to speak Na'vi and that's what everyone expects, would have to be the most embarrassing thing to happen to me.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question What do you think would be a good answer to this question?
Let's see:
A good answer to a question that has no definite meaning or reason to be asked is therefore an invalid question that can only be answered with an invalid answer. When Nostradamus predicted the end of the world, he did not say the world would end simply because it was created. There has to be reasoning behind everything, and with the lack of a backround, there can be no foreground.
Besides, a good answer to that question is simple: A Good Answer.
Hoorah.

Toruk Makto

Congrats! I will have to stop by to say hi next time we are on our way from Houston to Colorado since we drive right through Dumas. Hope there are no fires this year.I will guess F/T/T.

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

1- I've caused my workplace to crash and burn for an hour because of a pan of potatoes.

True: Accidents happen and potatoes can cook quickly

False: For some reason I doubt that as demons don't really exist... unless you consider your OWN demons.

False: 20 is a bit too specific and even a number. But I don't doubt that you DO have wolf shirts.

So... tell me about your fear of spiders  :D

Lycan? Interesting choice. I would not consider this a stealthy creature so hunting something might not be the best... but I do understand your desire for wolfdom.

As far as your third choice of animal... I prefer them irradiated. Wild dogs picking off animals on leashes in my neighborhood. A bit too brazen for my liking. Lost a cat to em.

Congratulations on being 101.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Stranger Come Knocking

Quote from: Nantang 'Rrtayä on April 30, 2012, 01:00:24 AM
Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Justin Bieber, Hitler, Gaddafi, Kim Jong-Il, Vlad the Impaler and President Snow of Panem are all in a room, and you have a pistol with 5 rounds. Who do you shoot?
Justin Bieber with every round. Then use the gun to beat his corpse. I just might be that sadistic to do that if it ever happens.

YOU ARE MY HERO!
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on April 30, 2012, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: Nantang 'Rrtayä on April 30, 2012, 01:00:24 AM

YOU ARE MY HERO!

IKR!!! I had successfully gone through life having never heard ANY of its music let alone seeing any videos till my cousins and I went bowling... two teen birthdays in the alley and it was every other damn song. Peronally, Justine Boober needs to get its ass back to school like all the other twerps its age!

Toruk Makto

You calling Bleeber "its", I just had a major flashback to Monty Python's Flying Circus and the raggedy "It's Man"...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Raiden

What's the deal with spiders?

I have a dozen spiders that I keep as "pets" and they're the most humble creatures I've ever known.

There are some species that will generally bite you if you try to touch them, but that's just an evolved defensive response as a result of everything wanting to have a nice crunchy spider for dinner.

I also don't believe in the existence of demons. I'm the type that goes out for long hikes at night, sometimes in places where I'm mot supposed to be at that hour. The scariest thing I've ever encountered is myself. :P
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

guest2859

Quote from: Raiden on May 01, 2012, 02:49:09 AM
What's the deal with spiders?

I have a dozen spiders that I keep as "pets" and they're the most humble creatures I've ever known.

There are some species that will generally bite you if you try to touch them, but that's just an evolved defensive response as a result of everything wanting to have a nice crunchy spider for dinner.

I also don't believe in the existence of demons. I'm the type that goes out for long hikes at night, sometimes in places where I'm mot supposed to be at that hour. The scariest thing I've ever encountered is myself. :P

Spiders were sent to Earth from Hell to make our lives miserable

Can you imagine how horrible summers would be without spiders and their webs killing off all the mosquitoes and other bothersome insects? Would be terrible. That said. I respect your phobia and will leave it alone.

Tanri

Seykxel sì nitram ma Nantang 'Rrtayä!
'En si oe: Tsleng, Ngay, Ngay

/Burning potatoes for entire hour sounds unlikely, but you may have some experience with demons ;D. Also there must be at least 20 wolf shirts in you drawer/
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Eanikran

Congrats on notw.
I think I'll go with T/F/T. I think I remember seeing proof of one of these at some point  ;D

guest2859

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 03, 2012, 02:18:02 PM
Congrats on notw.
I think I'll go with T/F/T. I think I remember seeing proof of one of these at some point  ;D

Yes, smart one... and that will be revealed on here Sunday

Raiden

Actually, spiders evolved millions of years ago from more primitive forms of arachnids, such as amblypygids and solifugids; these more primitive arachnids (some of which are still alive today; I have a Damon diadema amblypygid living in a small tank on a shelf to my right) arose from aquatic arthropods such as trilobites.

Spiders evolved to claim the niche of micropredators and related lifestyles. They are very important controls on prey species that would otherwise have a limited number of predators, such as mosquitoes, isopods, and other insects.

They do not deserve the reputation they have earned and are often misidentified as more venomous species, since many spider species look and behave alike, due to convergent evolution and the fact that their ecological role has not changed much in recent history.

tl;dr, get over your phobia. Spiders are awesome creatures with an array of interesting habits and behaviors, and the vast majority of them would rather run than bite.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Nosi'em Ikranay

Congratulations, ma Nantang.  I'm fairly neutral on spiders except black widow and brown recluse.  For them, I have no pity and no mercy.

I am gonna guess all true. 

guest2859

Spiders just aren't my thing, I can touch a 5mm jumping spider but anything other than that can scare the crap out of me.

I advise not going to the Japanese island of Okinawa then. Banana spiders. Main diet is birds.

And in the Amazon there is the Goliath bird eater as well.

Here in N. America we have our creepy crawlies like the Recluse and the black widow but overall we have more friendly yard spiders. Yes, respect them and keep your distance, but enjoy the comfort of not being bitten by that most endangered of species, the mosquito (Lilo and Stitch reference) so often.

Alyara Arati

A really late congrats, ma tsmukan!

I'm guessing F/F/T.  Gotta love wolf shirts, right?
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Blue Elf

Too late, but I catched :)
Seykxel sì nitram, our Earth Wolf!
My guesses:
1 - Ngay, I think it is possible. At least that pan had to burn completely
2 - Tsleng
3 - well, 20 shirts with wolves is quite high number (I'm not sure if I have so much shirts in my wardrobe ;D). If you'd say you have ALL shirts with wolves, I'd believe without doubts. But Ok, I'll try with Ngay

Your week nearly ends, so - Have also another weeks nice and great!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

guest2859

Okay, so my reign is over. It was fun for the run, and now I get to say what was fun:

True - This one was fun.

Quote from: Facebook
Dante Aden Murray
April 24 near Dumas
So after work today, I figured out that if I forget to refill a pan of potatoes that the whole restaurant will be sent into a hellhole. Literally. A literal order of 10 steaks needed potatoes, and then we had to wait on that, they got completely mixed up, and the waitresses just took off with them without even checking where they need to go. Then every single one of them went 'missing'. Literally, they all forgot which table they took them to. $100 went down the drain, then you had people everywhere getting mad because they got the wrong food because some people are impatient to wait for something to get made. All for a pan of potatoes. I overused the world 'literal' in different forms because I'm not lying about any of this.
And to correct a few, the potatoes were never burned, instead the restaurant crashed and burned. But I got quite a ------ at afterwards.

True - I'm actually part of a paranormal investigation team here in Dumas. We did an investigation of a restaurant, and it just so happened to have a demon that claimed territory in its kitchen. We experienced banging on the wall, pots and pans moving, heavy whispering coming from the kitchen when we weren't in it, and the big part, it yelled at us in the kitchen, but it was a faint yell that came from a distance. We know it was a demon because it fit 99% of the symptoms of one. I caught the yell on recording though it was fake, but I'll enhance it and then release it to anyone that asks.

False - I have 20 My Chemical Romance shirts instead. I'd quickly trade them out for wolves though.

Oh, the fun it was. Thank you for a short week of fame.