NotW #103: Tompa'Ivong

Started by Tompa'Ivong, May 15, 2012, 12:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tompa'Ivong

Question #1 Who are you?

My name is John Clark, 27 years old, a simple minded and loving person at heart.  I live in the USA, down in SE Texas.  I also deal with Aspergers/High Functioning Autism just as the former poster does.

Question #2 Why are you here?
I love learning the language, seeing how simple and modular the language is, and also getting to meet other people that like the movie and language.

Question #3   Where do your alias and profile pic come from:
My pic and name, the pic is a pic of a spirit wolf overlayed with rain background, to represent my animal and element.  My forum name, Tompa'Ivong or Rainblossom always reminded me of the term "Ivong Na'vi.

Question #4 Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
A bit.  Beginner at best, I was originally involved in Project Ngaynume back in 2010, but real life caught the best of me.

Question #5 What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
Kivä Ko! Eywa Ngahu.  Ivong Na'vi are my favorites.

Question #6  In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
The Activity book (I favor the older one), Project Ngaynume and now its successors in Avatar-nation.net

Question #7 Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of:  
Displaying various works of mine, mostly crafts and jewelry making.

Question #8 What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar:  
Best stuff about Avatar:  Neytiri backhanding Jake is just hilarious.  Jake's first flight...a total 'oh hell' moment for him. But so many parts of the movie make me cry.  Neytiri telling Jake that he has a strong heart brings tears to my eyes everytime.  Not to mention the destruction of hometree, when Neytiri finds Human Jake for the first time.

Question #9  Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Reinforced my comittment to helping others, being respectful to mother earth.

Question #10  If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Avatar Related:  The Floating Hallulujah Mountains and their mystery.  The Other tribes of Pandora.  And from Dr. Frommer:  The origins of the grammatical and syntax structures, from which languages they are taken.

Question #11 What else do you do in you free time?

I have several hobbies.  Crafts include:  Walking stick/staff crafting, Beaded Jewelry, Macrame, Ropework (for its practical purposes, like making hammocks and other rigging).  I am also a amateur cyclist, often doing 15-20 miles at a time, about 3 times a week.  On my off time I also help a friend with their chicken coop and yard for a small buck.  I also collect music from video games, I grew up on the Super Nintendo.  I also use Ebay for for finding just about anything you can think of, its on Ebay.  

Question #12 Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least.
Wolves (and Canines), Dolphins, and Horses :).  My spirit animal is the Wolf, Aligned to Air.  The Dolphin is Water.  I sit on the Cusp of Gemini and Cancer.  So both elements in me are prominent.  As far as most feared Animal (s), it goes to Yellow Jackets, Hornets, and some species of wasps.

Question #13 Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Ninja.  Move Silently.  Leave no footprint.

Question #14 What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
My Kukri (13 inch blade), My MP3 player with a means of powering it. And a Poncho.  Survival is at mind, a good knife and shelter from the poncho, and Music.  To pass time.

Question #15  If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes)  
I am one for paradoxical timelines, I'd love to see the outcomes of if something happened, what a different world would look like due to a simple action.

Question #16 If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
To have the essence that I am, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual be tranferred to a sentient computer when the time comes.

Question #17 What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?  
Why did I make some of the decisions I have made.  Because I have.  Fate is Fate.

Question #18  True or false?

Question #19: My Life is AVTR  what is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?  

Question #20: Bonus Question :What are the most weight bearing bones in equines?

Reinforced my comittment to helping others, being respectful to mother earth.

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Tsmuketsamsiyu

Raiden

Heh, gotta love the 'ol SNES.

Super Metroid was my big thing when I was little. I went outta my way to get every single powerup, figure out every secret move, and get the best ending.

That and Super Mario World. I met my best gaming buddy through that game, and even though we're both in college and don't have much time for games these days, I still pull out my classic consoles (mainly SNES, Genesis/Megadrive, or NES) and we pick an old game and do an all-nighter playthough. Our best record is beating Mario Bros. 3 in one night (~6-8 hours), beating every secret stage, every airship, and getting all the whistles, suits, and special items, and not using any of them ; when we beat the game we had a full inventory of all the whistles and special suits we got.

I also like Actraiser, Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II for the US), Yoshi's Island, Contra III, Super Mario RPG, and Megaman X/X2.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Q: I am nearsighted in my left eye, Farsighted in my right eye.

False

Q: I own an Iphone.

True

Q: I have 'Celtic' Feet.  (2nd toe is longer than the 1st)

True

I go back to the Atari and the Texas Instrument keyboard, game plug-in... to TV, system... I remember playing the FIRST NES which was about three times the size of the one most people have, or 6 times the size of the smallest ones now. Has SNES, N64 and a SEGA as well... skipped the GameCube and all hand helds...

I remember playing games like Spaced Invaders, Pac-Man, Mario Brothers, Contra 1, Kid Ikaris. I think the game I spent most time on was Mario Kart 64. Also played Metroid 1 and 2 front to back all stages, even drew the levels on ream paper as we did not have the Nintendo magazine for those levels...

I prefer SIM games on the computer... but tear it up pretty good on Avatar on the XBOX-360 in LIVE mode... XBOX name is Nawm Tsamsiyu.

Your crafts are very useful in the prospect of the real life Na'vi project, if you were interested in contributing to that... just a thought.

And lastly, congratulations on being nominated for NotW.

P.S. Sorry I missed yours, Candace.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Seze Mune

Ma TOMPA!!  So great to see you here!  Ke livu stxongyu* fìtsenge!

As for the questions which Meuiama Tsamsiyu answered, I'd say T/F/T.

* I think Blue Elf will tell me this is an illegal construction, but you get the drift! ;)

Tompa'Ivong

Answer to the Questions.

No, I don't own an Iphone, but I am about to get an android phone :D

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith