NOTW #104 Fiyerwall

Started by Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo), June 11, 2012, 10:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

#1 Who are you?

My tawtute name is Amber and I'm from Virginia which is where I currently reside. I"m 28, but will be 29 at the end of this month. I currently work in a vet's office doing mostly laboratory work. I have degrees in biology and medical laboratory technology and am currently looking for work in a lab that caters to people. :) I enjoy learning languages and have taken French, Spanish, Japanese and German during my school years. Now ask me how much I remember. :D I also have 3 cats, one of whom is named Na'vi. 

#2 Why are you here?

I came to this site because I discovered after last year's June meetup that quite a few people were from this forum. I wanted to expand my clan family so I joined. I do love the sounds of the language and now want to add Na'vi to my repetoire. I don't spend as much time here as I do on TOS, but I'm working on it.

#3 Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My name comes from an episode of a television show that I have loved ever since I can remember. It's called ReBoot and takes place inside of a computer. One of my favorite episodes is called Firewall and it was done as a spoof of a James Bond movie. I figured that when I was on the computer I may as well have an alias based on a computer show. As for my picture, it's a photo of my Avatar tattoo specifically the inner part of my upper arm.

#4 Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Not really. I know a few words and phrases but am hoping to learn more at the meetup this year from the karyu himself. I want to make sure I have the pronunciation correct before I start diving into the language.

#5 What's your favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

Definitely skxawng. It's fun to call people that and they have no idea what it means.  ;D

#6 In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

Na'vi of the Week thread, Meetup thread and the Cosplay thread.

#7 Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Not yet, but I'm working on it.

#8 What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar?

I love Pandora and everything on it. It's so beautiful and based on our own Earth. Waiting for the sequel is the worst part of it.

#9 Has Avatar changed your life in any way?

I am working on turning a large portion of myself into a canvas of Pandora.

#10 If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1. In an interview, Cameron came up with a Na'vi word for douchebag and my question is can we officially make that a word in the language? I think that would be hilarious.  ;D
2. Can all of the diehard fans be invited to the openings of the Avatar sequels as well as the theme park that will be opening in several years?
3. Could I get a job working on the sequels? I don't care what it is, I just want to be a part of it.

#11 What else do you do in you free time?

Lots and lots of reading, spend time outdoors, play games (board, video, etc), explore, learn, travel, go to museums, zoos and aquariums

#12 Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Only three? Dang, that's hard. I'm going to categorize mine in groups and then pick individuals. First favorite are cats, wild and domestic. Of those my favorite is the caracal, very beautiful and unique. Second are sharks and rays. Of those my favorite is the whale shark. Third are reptiles. Of those my favorite is the Komodo dragon and the rainbow boa. Why these? I've always felt a special connection with cats and the caracal is not very well known, but a magnificent specimen. Sharks, rays and reptiles seem to be misunderstood by so many people that I took it upon myself to learn as much about them as I could. As I did this, I came to appreciate their beauty. Whale sharks are massive fish that allow people to crawl around inside their mouths without harm and their color patterns are extraordinary. Komodo dragons have fascinated me since I was small and rainbow boas are some of the most beautiful snakes I have ever seen.
I don't think I'm terrified of any animal, but I am not a fan of centipedes. They are venomous and something about their movements is slighty creepy to me.

#13 Pirate,  ninja,  zombie, or robot?

A tie between pirate and ninja. Ninjas are silent and stealthy whereas a pirate spends all of their life on or near water. Perhaps I could be a ninja that lives on a pirate ship.

#14 What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

An e-reader so that I would never be without a book, an i-pod so that I would always have music and a really big machete.

#15 If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I don't know where or when I'd want to go. So many tough choices.

#16 If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

For the whole world to be able to 'see' as the Na'vi do so we can all begin to cherish and care for our mother Earth.

#17 What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Where did you put the chocolate that I bought? It's in the drawer with the rest of the stash.

#18 True or false?

1. My right foot is several inches shorter than my left foot.
2. I have a tattoo on my butt that says 'Your Name.'
3. I have eaten mealworms.

#19 What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar related thing that has happened to you?

As I was getting my tattoo worked on someone in the room across from me passed out while getting tattooed. Her friend rushed out of the room and to the vending machine. She got a can of Mountain Dew, splattered it on herself, swore and then ran to give it to her friend. Because whenever I pass out, Mountain Dew always wakes me up.  ::)

#20 Name 3 pirates that work on the Saucy Mare.

Captain Gavin Capacitor (Crimson Binome), Princess Bula and Mr. Christopher. And for extra fun Mr. Andrews and Mr. Norton.

When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Tompa'Ivong

Congrats ma Tsmuke :D

F/T/T are my guesses

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Well hello Virginia. Have been there several times when I was stationed in North Carolina.

This link could get you started on certain pronunciations http://naviwotd.nlpagan.net/indexjs.php

I remember ReBoot. Loved the show. I liked the episode that was the setup for Bots birthday and the joke was in binary.

Happy pre-birthday. You are learned in many languages. All I know is English without accent. Oregonians don't have an accent ;)

Pxtowng! I wanna go to all those things too, and you can be the pa'li pooper scooper hehe. Kidding. Ikran all the way ;)

True
False
True

Statement 19 seemed worded wrong... Mountain Dew revives you, yet someone else passed out. So, confusion.

Lastly, nice to meet you.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

I suppose what made the Mountain Dew story funny to me was that this person got her unconscious friend something to drink. How's she supposed to drink it if she's passed out? The whole thing amused me to no end. ;D
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Toruk Makto

Congrats on being the first NotW back for our new Kelutral!  I guess F, T(please!), T.  :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Ma Fiyer wall!
Are you not responsible for some incedible art on ToS? 
You have made no mention of this! 
Am I mistaken?

Oe 'en fwa ngeyä säplltxe neriayven lu ngay,
slä ngeyä säplltxe neri-txìm  :o :-X :-\ ;D

Blue Elf

Seykxel sì nitram ma Fiyerwall. I hope you had a nice week.

Regarding T/F statements:
1/ tsleng. My friend has one leg shorted, but just 2-3 centimeters, inches are too much, IMO
2/ quite interesting, trying ngay  :) (do not say that no!)
3/ ngay. Fried or alive?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Human No More

Congratulations :D

Epic tattoo... have been following the progress on it for ages. Also, I always wondered about your name being like firewall, hrh :P

Ng/Ts/Ng (would like to try that one some time)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Irayo, Toruk Makto. This does feel like a special honor. 8)

Ma Ateyo, the only art work that I've posted to TOS are photos of my tattoo. I only wish that I could draw as well as some of our clanmates.

HNM, I recently had some touchups done and as soon as I can get a new job, I'm going to start on the rest of my arm. :) I look forward to seeing you and your tattoo in Seattle this year!

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Time to answer the True/False questions!

1. True. When I was 10 years old I stepped off of a trampoline wrong and somehow knocked a growth plate out of place in my foot. A growth plate is made of cartilage and is where the bone physically extends and ossifies. Since I did that, my right foot is not as long as my left one and the growth plate actually ossified! So now I have an extra bone-y extension that protrudes slightly from the inside of my right foot. Needless to say, this makes shoe shopping a complete pain in the @$$.

2. False. I'm sorry to have disappointed the ones that guessed true for this, but I don't have 'Your Name' tattooed on my butt. Steve-O, one of the guys from the Jackass franchise, has this tattoo. It's where I got the idea from and thought it would be interesting to put this as one of my questions. Along with my Avatar half sleeve, I have 5 tattoos.

3. True. When I was on vacation at the beach, I found a store that sold them fried. I bought some and they really didn't have much taste to them. They were fairly bland, but crunchy. To my amusement, everyone with me at the time was completely horrified.  ;D