NotW #105: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto Sezeyä)

Started by Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto), June 18, 2012, 12:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

A little about myself. Hmm. Well, I am a United States Marine. Served from '99 to '03 with Afghanistan right smack in the middle of that time frame. I was 23 when I enlisted.

I was born and raised in Oregon, USA. Those of you that do not know where Oregon is, it is that beautiful green state above California. Think of the game, Oregon Trail. Oh yeah, it is pronounced 'Or-E-gun' NOT 'Or-E-gone'. The state still exists, we've gone nowhere.

I am 37 years old with a High School education, but I think I am much smarter through common sense than most college graduates. :D

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

Well, let's see. I saw the first showing of Avatar the Thursday it came out. December 18th... on the way out of the screen I bought another ticket for the showing a few hours later. That day marked viewing 1 and 2 of a total of 31 viewings over the next few months. 29 at the local 2D cinema, 2 at the 3D screen in the next town over.  ;D

It was right before that New Years that I went to the movie with a notepad to write down the native words then did a Google search of them, sporadically getting a hit. Most brought me here so I created a profile and have been in the forum since.

I very much love the thought of Pandora. A beautiful, lush, thriving world that is free of the ravages of mankind.

After finding the growing fandom on Facebook the LN forum kinda took the side line, especially after I started on my Role Play. Then everything took the side line after I went to the VA to learn how to be sober... no more Kava for this sawtute. Now I stay logged in as much as I can. Posting again, finding threads I enjoy. Have a new karyu to learn the language. Having fun with all you fine people.  :)

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

I am the first Toruk Makto on Facebook and proud of that. I dunno. People seem to come to me on the internet so in a way I am like a leader. I care for my friends and like to listen to their problems and help them if I can. It is my nature.

The image is a screencap is currently an image of Jake and Neytiri in what I feel is one of the most beautiful images of them together, shrunken down to fit both this Forum and into TeamSpeak.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

I am a beginner at best. Though I am proud to say that I am the one that got one of our well known and fluent Avatar friends, Txonä, to love the language. Handed him that piece of notebook paper mentioned above, let him have it and now we have an expert.  8)

I have never learned another language beyond English. I lack the tools that a person has from having learned a second language but I am hopeful to cross that bridge that so many others have already done.

There was a time I would use Kaltxì, or other words loosely in public but I have not really done that since being in the VA.

As far as friends and family knowing that I try to learn the language... I try to keep that on the down low so as not to give family another tool to belittle me. Some co-workers make mean remarks on the whiteboard in the lunch room. It hurts. Others think it is neat that I am an Avatard.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

There are several words I like and use. The basics like Kaltxì, or Eywa ngahu, to break the ice... but also words like Nawma, and with that special someone in my life... muntxate, also Yawne or yawnetu, depending on the context.   ;)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

Right now I use this: http://naviwotd.nlpagan.net/indexjs.php Na'vi word of the day. CTRL-F and type what you want and you might find at least a stepping stone to the word you want.

Otherwise I am on Facebook a lot. I take lessons from my karyu in here and on Facebook and sometimes attempt a new word with my muntxate.

I also watch or post on several random threads here in the forum.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Txonä. Those of you that know him know the monster I have created :D

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

There is no one scene that can be cut from the whole to describe what I loved... I loved the blue, the nature, the size of the world... the culture, the language. The clan lifestyle where everyone works for everyone... like a hive mind but better.

I liked the emotional release of tears when Hometree is destroyed.  >:(  :'( The War where the Na'vi show the 'superior' sawtute the fastest way to meet Eywa. Example: Watching that first arrow sink into the Scorpion pilots chest from Neytiri's bow. Then the subsequent Toruk taking out another Scorpion, smashing it into the mountainside in Iknimaya.. and yet again when the Valkyrie is taken out.

I loved the 'love' The whole lead-up to the mating. So passionate, and nothing crude or dirty about it. Just... love.  :-*

I think my true favorite scene is shortly after Jake gets his ikran, which I have dubbed 'Txurä Tsyal' in my role play, when he and Neytiri do a flying dance in the sky.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

I am afraid that it has actually helped my rage towards the humans of this world.  :(  >:( Their simple mindedness and inability to sacrifice or change for the better of the globe. And it has been spiraling down hill with all the financial debockling and political fiasco in Europe and America right now.

In order to ensure the survival of this species things like the Belo Monte Dam Complex needs to cease to exist. It is an example of the backwards growth we are making. We need to move forward. James Cameron sees this. Us TRUE Avatar fans see this.

I am blue at heart. Both as a Na'vi/Avatar, and in sadness to what is constantly happening around us.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

I personally asked Paul Frommer for the word 'egg' as it would be useful for so many fanfics out there. Ikran live in a rookery, therefore one can surmise that they lay eggs.  ???

I would ask our Great Creator, James Cameron if once the movie is completely finished, two things: ONE. Would he let his studio and FOX release the language to Paul Frommer so that it can be OURS. And TWO: A forth and final release in box set of ALL scenes being finished and put in order of the movies... so much, even after the re-release, is missing... the culture, hell, even the REASON for it's name to begin with. The Unìltarontok.

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Mafia Wars

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Your common, everyday, deer:

Americas pride, the Bald Eagle:

Our OWN palulukan, the Mountain Lion:

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

I think as a US Marine I qualify as a pirate AND a ninja. I personally think that this planet could do for a bit of a Zombie uprising, and robots? Well they can go cause they take human jobs.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

My muntxate. A comfortable home with amenities (internet, cable, power, air conditioning and the like) and several appropriate vehicles and weapons to be able to protect my little piece of the world.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Aside from Pandora... here on Earth I wish to see Ireland, Scotland, England, New Zealand, Australia... and Indiana/Michigan.  8)

I would go back in time and destroy the first prototype of the synthesizer as it has literally destroyed music as we know it.  >:(

I would go back in time and try to attempt to stop 9/11 from happening as that is the worst day in all of my life.  :'(

And I know it might tick a few of you off, but I would go back in time and stop organized religion. All of them.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

To spend real time with my mate.  :-*

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

What is the meaning of life.?

To live a good and positive existence. Morally, respectably. To myself and to others. To be the best mate a man can be.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

I met and shook Keanu Reeves hand at a movie shoot in Oregon.

I have spent a year of my life at sea.

I have been south of the equator.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I am afraid nothing globally specific has directly happened to me.

The other day, I was driving into town to get Tax forms and the car in front of me was a black and yellow Camero. the license plate was BMBL B2

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...

What real life animal is Pandora's helicordian based on?

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Tompa'Ivong

Big Congrats to you ma 'eylan

And as always thank you for your service.

T/T/F are my guesses

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Seze Mune

Wou! Txantsan, ma nawma Meuiama Tsamsiyu! Oeyä ayen: T/T/(T←?).  Tìtsuse'a ngati fìtseng oeru sìltsan lu nang!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Seykxel sì Nìtram from Niri Te sì Oe!
Thank you for serving our country.
Moe 'en ngay, ngay, ngay.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Duuuuude! About time you got this! Seykxel sì nitram!

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto Sezeyä) on June 18, 2012, 12:18:38 AM
Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Txonä. Those of you that know him know the monster I have created :D

This made me lol. I still remember our first meet up in April 2010 :)

Imma say F/F/T

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

The other day, I was driving into town to get Tax forms and the car in front of me was a black and yellow Camero. the license plate was BMBL B2

Funniest? What about Seattle last year when you walked around all day Saturday with Na'vi war paint and you were getting all kinds of attention? You looked like you were having a good time :)

And that's a neat story about the car lol

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Niri Te

It is possible, I was stationed at McGraw Kasserne in Munich, and all of us got a flyer in our mail about a new movie being filmed in the Olympiahalle, where we would make 50 bucks a day back in 1973 I think. I went, the movie was "RollerBall" and I got to meet James Caan for a few moments, when he skated over to the fence, and spoke with a few of us.

Sure, why not?

You were in the Military, so that is entirely possible

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...

Waiting for the bonus question.

My answers to your three statements are spaced within the statements ma oeyä tsamsiyu tsmukan, I am glad that you got this, you deserved it. Enjoy your week.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Ningey

Txantsan, ma 'eylan! Sìlpey oe tsnì ngaru liveiu tì'o' atxan fìkintrr!

Oeyä pxen lu ngay, tsleng, ngay.

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Quote from: Ningey on June 19, 2012, 04:28:25 AM
Txantsan, ma 'eylan! Sìlpey oe fwa ngaru leiu tì'o' atxan fìkintrr!

Oeyä pxen lu ngay, tsleng, ngay.

Irayo seiyi, ma 'eylan. Please remember, beginner :)

Ningey

Nìlun!
I just wanted to give you an opportunity to practice with this... ;)

Always keep in mind the key to mastering a language: Tskxekeng si ulte tskxekeng si ulte tskxekeng si ulte leyn ulte leyn ulte leyn...

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

-- Benjamin Franklin

Seze Mune

Quote from: Ningey on June 19, 2012, 06:53:13 AM
Nìlun!

Always keep in mind the key to mastering a language: Tskxekeng si ulte tskxekeng si ulte tskxekeng si ulte leyn ulte leyn ulte leyn...

Fì'u, ma Ningey!  ;D

Quote from: Ningey on June 19, 2012, 06:53:13 AM
Nìlun!

Irayo, ma Ningey. This one was actually easy simply because it WAS repetition. :)

Did you make your true/false choices?

Ningey

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto Sezeyä) on June 19, 2012, 04:14:21 PM
Did you make your true/false choices?

Sran. Oe pamrel soli: San Oeyä pxen lu ngay, tsleng, ngay sìk.

-- Albert Einstein

-- Benjamin Franklin

Kamean

Seykxel nìtramsì ma Meuiama Tsamsiyu! :)
Tì'efumi oeyä Ts/Ts/Ng. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tanri

Zola'u nìprrte' fìkìngmì, ma Meuiama Tsamsiyu! Sìlpey oe tsnì sivunu ngaru kintrr ngeyä. :)
Pxesìpawmìri alu srane/kehe, 'en sìyi oe: Ngay, Ngay, Tsleng.
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Eichhörnchen

Kaltxì ma Meuiama Tsamsiyu  

seykxel sì nitram,

'en si oe: tsleng - ngay - ngay

kintrrìri txana tì'o' ngar livu.

'Ivong Na'vi ulte Eywa hu nga,

ta Eichhörnchen ( Robert )

kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Ngawng

Kaltxì ulte seykxel sì nitram!
Fpìl oel futa...tsleng, tsleng, ngay...
;D

29.f.australia

Well, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your kind words this week and I am honored to have you all as friends, and brothers or sisters.

Through Avatar we are all family, the world over.

Now, my answers:

I did meet the man in Sherwood, Oregon outside the old lumber building which has since been torn down for the new city courthouse, you can Google Map that and see where exactly. Anyways, no, I did not shake his hand as it was after 9PM and he had been up since before 4AM for a two day shoot in a local dental office for a movie. I am uncertain WHICH movie the filming was for, but I did say hi and I thanked him and his fellow actors and actresses for what they do. The movies the he is in, that other actors are in, is a form of escape for our servicemen and servicewomen abroad. A way to just get away from the idea of being half a world away from home.

So the answer is, FALSE. But so very close to being true.

I in fact DID spend over a year at sea while I was in the Marines in the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

My first float is what we dub, a booze cruise. 13 posts in the Mediterranean Sea. It was a five and a half month deployment. Points of interest on this deployment were that Milosovic was still up to no good so crossing a nautical parallel in the Adriatic Sea allowed us one month tax free pay, meaning 6 months without having to pay taxes from our sea pay.

Another fun fact is, one of the engines broke down so we were tooling around on one screw and had to port in Trieste, Italy. We were there two and a half weeks. Personally, it sucked. It actually took me several months to put two and two together as as soon as what I am about to tell you happened, all general information coming to and going from the ship, otherwise knows as MOD-LOC, was blocked. The USS Cole was bombed. She was tiered next to us in Trieste and I enjoyed a LOT of dollar beer on the pier with some of those men and women playing hacky-sack. Dunno if any of the ones I met were victims.

After that our deployment port call changed, but for the most part was still fun. Dubrovnik, Croatia and the country of Malta I think were the most fun

My SECOND deployment was something entirely different. We were all set to deploy and everyone was on pre-deployment leave. I was here in Oregon getting ready for my flight back to North Carolina where I was stationed, when the World Trade Center and Pentagon were attacked. Literally the worst day of my life, watching all those people get snuffed by terrorists.

Needless to say, our deployment itinerary was changed. We did a small port call in Crete, a small OP in Egypt and then pumped through the Suez and into the Red Sea. Over to the Gulf of Aden and sat there for 135 days. A LONG 135 days.

So yes, I spent over a year on the water. TRUE!

Though other units deploy south of the equator, even my MEU unit on prior and since deployments, I never did go south of the equator. FALSE.

Pictures of the ships to follow:

My first deployment. She is two years older than I am and has since been mothballed

My second deployment vessel. Brand new. Had never been on a deployment before we went.

I did work-ups on this ship with the MEU while finishing my time in fleet and EASing. If I had extended I would have likely fought in Iraq and exceeded two years at sea.