NotW #106: Ngawng

Started by Ngawng, June 25, 2012, 02:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ngawng

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

Fko syaw oer Ngawng. Nì'Ìnglisì, it's Kyra. I'm 19 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am a silly teenage girl. I recently finished studying advertising at a university. So yeah, not sure what to do with my life at the moment. I really should get a job....hrh
Oe kelku si mì helku ahì'i koaksì, hu oeyä soaia alu sa'nok, sempul, tsmukan, nantangtsyìpsì ahona

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

Avatar is just...a really cool movie. I went to see it not expecting much, and I only really wanted to see it because an Australian actor was the star ;). I was surprised at the detail of the movie, and all the cool stuff in it and dkfhgs;dfkhg I LOVE THE NA'VI :D. Also, for the high price that cinema tickets fetch thesedays, Avatar was one of those movies that was actually worth the price :D
When I first saw Avatar, the Na'vi language interested me. I wondered whether it was jibberish, or if someone has made up a language just for the movie. The credits of the movie told me that someone had actually made one up!~ So after a few more viewings of the movie, I did some googling, and eventually came across LearnNavi.org. And here I am :D
I must admit, at first, the language is a pain. Hah. But with persistence I eventually got the feel of it, and it feels awesome knowing this secret language ;) I check this forum every couple of days, and lurk a lot, but I'm always too scared to post things. Not sure why.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

I effing love my Na'vi name. Here is the origin story.

I didn't want your average Na'vi name. I first thought of tsawke-something, and no, that just wouldn't do. Not weird enough. When I first discovered LearnNavi.org, I saw there was a mini-dictionary-type-thing with a few sound clips of how to say the words. I clicked the one for "worm". I laughed and thought "that is awesome", and now, it is my name. I love it so much. It sounds like a train going past or something.

My profile pic is from Futurama, and it's of the native Martians that the gang meets. These guys were what the Na'vi first reminded me of, lol. So yes.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Well...I like to think I'm alright at speaking Na'vi, hrh. I would say I'm intermediate. But only just xD
I started to learn Na'vi because I thought it would be cool. I'd had interest in conlangs before, but hadn't really tried to learn one. I loved Avatar with a passion, so learning the language would just be logical hahaha. The resources here on the site and the forum are extremely helpful, and also the people here! Nicest ever, always ready to help :D I love that.

People generally think it's kind of cool, but pointless. Here is a conversation between my muntxatan and I:
Oe: Nga leiu yawne oer, ma oeyä muntxatan asayrìp :3
Poan: And a ooga-booga to you too!
(Hahahahahaha yes he likes to quote the Simpsons...)

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

My favourite word is NGAWNG!

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

(Not in any real order)
1. Dictionary
2. Na'vi in a Nutshell
3. LE'EYLAN'S PREZIS <3

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Sadly, no. I keep saying I'll do stuff but I don't :/

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

LOVE:
The prettinessss!! The Na'vi! Sam Worthington!! Neytiri!! The part where Jake ate a fruit!! Na'vi/human size difference! Ikrans!! Tsaheylu! EFFING BIOLUMINESCENCE!!!!!!1 Eco-friendly message! Noble savage story! Original script (i.e. not a sequel or adaptation)!! Love!! Action!! AYATOKIRINA'!! Bows and arrows!! Explosions!! Giant trees!! BLUE PEOPLE.

Yep, I'm an Avatard. True blue.

HATE:
-Well some people say that Sam Worthington does a crap American accent, but I think it's dang adorable when he randomly sounds aussie <3
-When people say it's crap, or unoriginal. Damn hipsters hating popular stuff. Also, stories get retold and retold again, that's the way it is. Some cultures are BASED on this.
-Extended creepy love scene is creepy.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

I've always been obsessed with braiding my hair >3<
Avatar has just re-inforced values that I already kind of had. I have deep respect for the earth and anyone who lives a Gaia-friendly lifestyle.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

I only really have one question: Frommer. The colour system. Ploise explain.

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Draw pictures, paint pictures, paint faces, sit on the internet, run around, play guitar, SING SING SING

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
SNAILS (I took this picture by the way)

Magpie <3 (I can do their call, haha. Also the mascot of my favourite Aussie Rules Football team. GO PIES!)

Giraffe. Amazingly tall and giant and graceful <3

I'm terrified of sea stars. Oh god D; (Spoiler for large and TERRIFYING picture!)

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

I want to be a waterbender. So. Bad. :D

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

I don't like to think about questions like that....sorry

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Pandora. Avatar program. Obviously :D

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

More wishes?

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Best viewing of Avatar?
IMAX 3D on the world's biggest screen in Sydney. Epic. I was so lucky to have that experience.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

I have never been overseas

I hate pizza

I only have one kidney, but it's twice as big as a normal one

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I just speak Na'vi randomly. Especially while intoxicated. Yes.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question When did you notice the change in Neytiri's feelings towards Jake. What scene, what words were the give-a-way.

This moment is when I noticed <3 Nothing spoken, but you can tell that they're starting to like being close to each other <3 SO ROMANTIC <3 <3 <3

29.f.australia

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Who says Americans have accents? (fanes not having an accent) Especially here in Oregon, no accent here. Pure unaccented English ;)

ACK! Giraffes. (shudders, fetal position on floor sucking thumb) Take it away, take it away!

Waterbender? Wrong Avatar.

No island prepping? Perhaps cause you are already on one, hmm.  ???

Ahh, you are pocketing your wish for later cashing in. Clever girl!  ;D

Tsleng, ngay, tsleng

I would imagine we are all much more fluent in Na'vi, while drunk. Ng's are more of a natural sound this way LOL.

LOVED Le'eylan's Prezi's!!! I miss her. Hope she is well.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

BTW, I LOVE the moving image you have on the bottom of your post profile. It is one of my favorite scenes.

akiwiguy

CONGRATS NGAWNG!

tbh I'm surprised you weren't nominated earlier.

but I guess true, false, false.

we need to talk more! i miss our random chats even though there weren't that many of them~

Ngawng

@Toruk Makto Sezeyä hehe. What do you find so scary about giraffes? :o
Both of the Avatars are amazingly awesome.
I love Le'eylan TT^TT

@Princess Luna I am so so so so so excited to be Na'vi of the week yeeeee!!
Hells yes we should chat more! Just give me a bell whenever, I have lots of free time thesedays! :D

29.f.australia

Tsyesìka

Yay! You're na'vi of the week!  ;D

Hehe, speaking na'vi while drunk ^_^ That'd be sooo awesome, I just want to walk around with a drunk Ngawng/Kyra speaking to na'vi to everyone! :D hrh.

True, True, False. I know at least one of them to be true anyway from our chats so i have an edge ;)

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

moonbeam

Click the dragons to give them love!

Tompa'Ivong

Congrats

T/F/T are my guesses

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Blue Elf

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Ngawng ulte zola'u nìprrte' fìtsenge!
QuoteI am a silly teenage girl
I'm always surprised when thinking that someone is man/woman, but it shows that isn't :)
QuoteMy profile pic is from Futurama
Oh, yes? I always thought it comes from Simpsons part I haven't seen yet. Hmm

pxeya säplltxeri alu ngay/tsleng:
1/ ngay. Neither I was
2/ pelun? tsleng
3/ tse... 'en si oe ... ngay? Not sure if it's  possible, but what is impossible today? :)

Ngaru livu 'o'a kintrr lefpom
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Seze Mune

Ma Ngawng! Those were the days when you would randomly show up in Ngaynume and speak in what sounded to my ears like fine Na'vi!  Fun times, eh?  I remember laughing a lot... and yeah, where IS Le'eylan?!?

As for your statements:

NGAWNG: I have never been overseas.

SEZE MUNE: Tsleng!  You live in Australia.  You are surrounded by the Tasman Sea, the Timor Sea, the Coral Sea, the Abafura Sea and a handful of other seas up by New Guinea.  You can't go ANYwhere without going overseas!   ;) Surely you've been...over seas.  ;D

NGAWNG: I hate pizza

SEZE MUNE: Ngay.  I could see someone getting really weary of it. I know I am.  ::)

NGAWNG: I only have one kidney, but it's twice as big as a normal one

SEZE MUNE:
Wiya, ma tsmuke; this is such a random statement it's GOT to be ngay.  Otherwise it'd be as wild'n'crazy as saying someone's got a 100-lb. scrot...WAIT.  They DO!  Tsa-hey!

Seze Mune

Well, it's the truth.  I've even seen the video.

o.O

Google it...

I think on that one, I will skip, ma Seze.

Ngawng

Oe irayo seiyi ayngaru aylì'uri!!

Ma Seze, ngal oet heykangheiam nìngay!
Oe frapohu pasylltxe faPonguPlltxe trro ye'rìn!

29.f.australia

Seze Mune

That's exactly what I was going for, ma Ngawng.   ;D

Life can be difficult enough, but without Spandex I'm afraid this gentleman would be severely limited.  Denim just doesn't have that much *give*.

(Just how does one go about weighing such an item, anyway?  ??? )

It was an honor to have chosen you, ma nawma tsmuke.

I am glad you found it so much fun  :D

At first you were  :o then you were  :-[ then you were  :)

Now you get to choose a new NotW.

(sounds like the old crusty guy at the end of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) Choose wisely.

Ngawng

Irayo seiyi ngaru ma Meuiama Tsamsiyu, loleiu prrte' nìngay. Oel ftxoleiey tutet ahay. Oeru txoa livu furia oe lu lehawngkrr...heh
Thankyou so much Meuiama Tsamsiyu, it's truly been a pleasure :) I have chosen the next person. Sorry for being late D:

Säplltxeri apxey:
About the three statements...

'awve) Nìkeftxo, fìsäplltxe lu ngay! Keng ke lu oeru kea "passport"!
1) Sadly, this statement is true! I don't even have a passport.

Mune) Ftawnemkrrmì, fìsäplltxe lu ngay. Slä set, "pizza" lu sunu oeru, slä tsaw zene ''ivem nìyawr, hrh
2) In the past, this was true. But now, I like pizza, but it has to be made well :)

Pxey) Oeri, fìsäplltxe lu tsleng. Slä oeyä tsmukanìri, lu ngay! Rä'ä sngum ma frapo, poanur ke lu kea sìngäzìk.
3) For me, this is false. But for my brother it is true. Don't worry guys, it's not a problem for him, he's fine :)

PRINCESS LUNA WINS~

Irayo ma frapo!!

29.f.australia