NotW #112: 'eveng te atan

Started by ´eveng te atan, August 06, 2012, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

´eveng te atan

Furia ngal ftamey oeti sko Na'vi of the week iIrayo nìtxan ma tsmukan oeyä alu Ricardo.

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
My first name is Andreas, but most of the people call me Andy.
I´m from germany and I live in Solingen (Germany / NRW). Someone might know this city because it´s famous for making blades, knifes, swords and in the age of knights and castles.
I´m 45 years old since last July, 24th. I´m married since 18 years and we have two children, a son and a daughter.
My job is to repair, service and program cach registers and to set up and manage networks (eg. greater pubs and/or factory cantines) with a lot of staff.
The job I learned first was technician for Television.
I can speak german (of course), english and Na'vi (quiet slowly, but I do what I can :D ).

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
Well... As I saw the movie Avatar for the first time in Theatre and I went home late in night, I couln´t really sleep :D
I was fascinated about Neytiris Voice when she said to the Nantang she killed before: "Oeru txoa livu ma tsmukan...". So I searched the www for further informations about the making of this film and while searching for hours and hours and reading many, many stuff, I found the wiki page of Karyu Pawl - And there was a link to this forum place.
I read many threads and then I apriciated THIS is the right place for me. But I began with lernaing the Na'vi language a year later because I´ve found no one to learn together with. One day I met Plumps and that was the day, I began to learn this very nice language that sounds very interesting.
In the beginning I visited the forum 10 to 20 times a day. There were many nice threads and I think I read nearly all posts from the german part. In the english part I´m very rarely.
Currently I have a look for new postings 2-3 times a day. Sometimes there are very interesting issues.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
My first alias was Perry Rhodan, because I love these scince fiction storys. I read them since I was 12 or 13 years old. Some years later I had not enough time to read it any more and a lot of years later I found the talking books of Perry Rhodan. Currently I hear all PR talking books while driving long distances or somewhere I can.
My current alias 'eveng te atan I´ve chosen because Perry Rhodan didn´t sound very well for a place where are a lot of Na'vi ;)
So I looked for a name, which sounds better... Some day I thought about a song I heared and it´s called Thunderchild ). Then I had the idea for Child which came out of the light, which I translated to this alias.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Sran. Oe tsun pivlltxe nìna'vi slä zene oe nivume nì'ul...
Tìmweypeyri ngeyä tengkrr fmi kar oer lì'fya leNa'vi irayo nìtxan ma Plumps.
Oe sngamä'i nume krra ayoe sngamä'i numultxa atoitsye ayoeyä.
Krro krro muntxatel oeyä oeti vin fwa plltxe nìNa'vi nì'it taluna por sunu futa stawm tsat.
Set oe lu karyu numultxa ayoeyä slä krro krro fpìl oel fwa oe lu numeyu ahì'i.
Irayo nìtxan nìmun ma Plumps.
Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
Oh, there are many beautiful words which sounds wonderful. As I said some questions before, the sentence Oeru txoa livu... is one of my favorites. another word is soaia (Family) and when Mo'at prays to Eywa to help Grace: Tìng mikyun ayoe rute ma nawma sa'nok....

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
Well... I like a lot of the fan fictions, espacially the storys from Eichhörnchen. His character called Fawn I love equally like Neytiri from the movie. Also I like several postings which contains pictures (with a look to Eana Unil). I like if people avatarize pictures from themself, from friends or from celebrities.
And there are a lot of spoken or sund parts in Na'vi.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I´m not sure... I think other people probably can better decide this...
I work together with some members (eg. plumps, Tukan, Ikxeru...) of ln.org on the online distionary http://ww.dict-navi.com.
Durung the last few month (and it will take some month, too, I think) I am recording and reworking all words from the disct.
Later we will release the spoken words in the dict. I know (and I hope!) it wil be a neverending story, because I hope that
Paul Frommer will bring us many, many new words I can record.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I mostly like the woman called Neytiri (how should it be otherwise? :D ) but I like anything in this movie and every picture.
The idea with the queues is fantastic and I would give my right arm to experience this feeling while talking to a tree, an animal or a person (particularly a woman -loughing-).
I hate in the movie what I also hate in our real world: If human battle against human - many a time and often for nothing. I think no one has the right to decide about anothers life. We must learn to see our world like the Na'vi see their world. It´s high time...

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Yes in anyway. I paint myself with blue colur, I learn a constructed language and... sometimes I see things I´ve never seen before.
For example: There are many very interesting plants I´ve never payed attantion before I´ve seen the movie.
And I´ve found a lot of people which are on the same way as I´m. Without James Cameon, his grand idea to make this movie and the movie itself we probably never met within our whole life.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Well... Sometimes (rarely) I´m able to talk to Karyu Pawl (eg. during our meet ups in Berlin, where we did a live radio play for him via Skype in 2011 and 2012 (last week).
But one question I will try to ask him at the next meeting: How difficult was it to teach the Na'vi language to the actors and how much time it has taken?
If I could J.C. tell a question, I would like to ask him for a short visit during the work on an Avatar movie, because I love all the technics, the work with the computers and... (loughing a little bit)... I dream about talking with Zoe Saldana (actress of Neytiri) and all the other actors.
If possible, I would be really happy, if I could have a look to the graphic designers, modelers and any other who is a part of the team around J.C.
And I would like to meet two women who nobody knows for real. First the red painted Na'vi which only bawls "Makto ko!" when Jake convences the clans and the female singer which has a very soft voice (eg. at the beginning of the movie where you can see the big space ship flying to pandora).

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
I like to build electronic devices (eg. I´ve built my own USB driven sound controller to control my audio sequencer software).
I´m playing guitar (for 30 years) and keyboard (for 20 years) and together with my computers I sometimes try to make songs for myself. Since I´m able to use the na'vi language I´ve translated (and sang) some songs (eg. Brothers in Arms / Dire Straits).
Since I met some wonderful persons of these forum in RL, I´m very interested in Cosplay - But I paint myself exclusively as an Na'vi. My skin must become blue... :D
It´s very interesting to see the reactions of the people which see me/us while walking through the streets in various cities.
Also I make videos (from live concerts of a band which plays instrumental music), I use software like photoshop, after effects, blender and any other. There is one thing, I can not talk about very loudly, because J.C. would hnd me to the next tree, I think.
Sometime ago, I´ve tried to make my own Neytiri 3D model with blender, but... this is really a hard work and while creating her hair I must realize that my computer is not fast enough to do such work. This kind of work is reserved to the professionals only.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Spiders are the animals that terrify me most. I´m not afraid of them but I respect them. Some of them are just a bit nasty. Also I don´t like scorpions and beetles.
Dolphins are the animals I mostly like, because I really like their form and their moving.
I like budgerigars, parrots and birds like these and I own two budgerigars.
Dogs I like too but only big dogs. The bigger, the better...
My favorite reed of dog is this (sorry, don´t know the english word for Afghane):

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
I would like to be like "Gucky" (from the Perry Rhodan story), beacuse he has three things he can do by simply using his mind:
1) He can read the mind from all creatures in the world and the universe and understand what they think.
2) He can teleport hisself to every place he wants.
3) He can move things by using his brain (eg. he can destroy robots by moving them up in the air an then just let them fallig down). He never doesn´t need weapons to fight.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
I would only take a fire stone, a knife and a water bottle with me. Thats all I need to survive, I think. Since the last three or four years I´ve figured out, that I don´t really need such things like TV, mp3, Computers. But what I really need is my wife and my children.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
Hmmm... Thats a quiet difficult question...
My really first idea is, of course, Pandora (hrh), but I think it´s a bit too dangerous there...
But I would like to tavel to our moon to see the world from this place. I´ve heared as an astronout said: "When you see the world from our moon, you will not see single continents, single lands, single cities or single human. You will see the place where all human live togehter. From there you will see no borders, it´s one planet, where we live.".

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
There are two wishes I have, but both of them are unrealisable:
1) After a hard disease, my father died in 2011. I would like to get him back, because he was a really good dad.
2) I would like the Na'vi people are real. I would die if I could have a look in these fascinating yellow eyes.
But my first wish is my most favorite wish...

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Sometimes I ask myself what will happen after my life has ended. After the death of my dad I often ask if I will meet him anywhere and/or sometime again?

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1) I´ve eaten a real snake I found and killed in the forest.
2) I´ve built a robot by myself which looks like C3-PO from the Star wars Movie and which can walk nearly like a human.
3) During a very hot summer many years ago a growler has saved my life.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
When I saw the move first and Neytiri calls her Ikran (Seze) I loudly loughed out, because my son (when he was a little boy) called his plush toy exactly by the same name.
So I told it to my wife and she asked me to tell this to James Cameron :D

The second little story I´ve had while I was working.
I had an picture of Neytiri (of course) on my desktop in our office. Then a woman came into our office an she saw this picture (she didn´t know anything about the movie, she told me later).
She said: "Wow! What a very beautiful actress. Shes already coloured and maked up perfectly and she looks very nice.". I had to lough and she asked me (a litle bit confused): "Why are you loughing?".
I told her, that Neytiri is not a real actress and that she was made by using computers. She slowly shaked her head and she couldn´t imagine that this was not al real woman.
Then I showed her a real picture of Zoe Saldana.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...
Have you planned any special things you want to do when Avatar 2/3 comes to the cinemas?
For example: Going in a Na'vi costume, meeting other LN members to watch it together, going to a special feature where all movies are shown one after the other, watching a midnight premiere, ...
Yes, if I have enough time to paint myself, I would like to visit the first night when the movie will be shown as a Na'vi and I hope my speaking and understanding the Na'vi language is good enough to unterstand the Na'vi in the film without the (sometimes bad) translations and subtitles on the screen.
If possible I would like to see the 2nd and the 3rd part with many as possible freinds.
And yes, if there´s a thearte showing all three (or maybe four...) parts after another, I would like to see all movies without leaving my seat (only if I feel thirsty, hungry or I have to visit the WC - lol).

ta

'eveng te atan.

Eichhörnchen

Ma nawma tsmukan 'eveng te atan

This time I'm the first to congratulate you. :-[ :-X ;D

seykxel sì nitram, ma 'eylan.

QuoteMy first alias was Perry Rhodan
I would like to be like "Gucky" (from the Perry Rhodan story),

Very nice. I see we have the same interests. Look here...

I borrow this from my daugther. ;D

'en si oe: ngay - ngay - tsleng.

kintrrìri txana tì'o' ngar livu.

'Ivong Na'vi ulte eywa ngahu frakrr sì fratseng,

ta Eichhörnchen ( Robert )
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Plumps

Furia nga lu Na'vi kintrrä seykxel sì nitram!

Interesting that one still learns something new from these posts ^^

edit: typo

Eana Unil

Ma nawma 'eylan sì karyu oeyä alu 'eveng te atan, fula nga leiu Na'vi kintrrä, 'efeyk oet nitram nang :) Seykxel sì nitram! Nì'i'a kop fìmeuia leiu ngaru. :)

Pxesäplltxeri ngeyä 'en si oe: tsleng, ngay, ngay.

Tsu'tey

Congatulation ma Andreas ! Good job !

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Ikxeru

seykxel si nitram, ma 'eta.

Regarding your true-or-false statements, I make a qualified guess...   T/F/T ...
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Ricardo

Congratulations, ma 'eveng te atan!
Your texts are really amusing.

I answer your statements with F/T/T.

Yaknun

Oeyä tsmukan ulte nawm karyu  :-*

Oe lam nitram ngeyä key fitsenge nìsoaia tse'a   ;) :D

Seykxel si nitram

Ich habe Deinen Text mit großem Interesse und Freude zur Kenntnis genommen  :)
Was Du schriebest, war sehr umfangreich, anschaulich und bereichernd  ;)
Insbesondere zum Thema der "besonders langen Version" hast Du bei mir absolut DEN Nerv getroffen  ;D und ich bin entzückt ob Deiner Zeilen.  :) ;) :D

Dir noch eine erfolgreiche Woche als NotW  :D

for the fals-true-Questions: tsleng / ngay / ngay   ;)
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Palulukanä Tarontu

Now you are the chosen one ;) Congratulations for that.
Your answers were good to read. For your questions: I don't know what kight be right... I guess T/F/F
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

Ningey

Seykxel sì nitram, ma oeyä 'eylan!

Ngaru rangal kintrr a lu lefpom sì 'o'.

Säplltxeteri ngeyä oe 'en si ngay/ngay/tsleng (tse, ke omum, slä oe ke tsun spivaw futa tskxepayl tolok tsengeoti mì krr asom)...

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Blue Elf

Ma ´eveng te atan - seykxel sì nitram furia nga slu Na'vi kintrrä

QuoteSince I´m able to use the na'vi language I´ve translated (and sang) some songs (eg. Brothers in Arms / Dire Straits).
Oh, really? So why you do not publish them in "Pamtseo nìna'vi nì'aw"? There was no new song for bloody ages....

QuoteMy favorite reed of dog is this (sorry, don´t know the english word for Afghane):
It is Afghan Hound, if I'm not mistaken

Regarding statements:
1/ ngay - how it taste?
2/ tsleng - IMHO it i too difficult do it as amateur
3/ here I do not understand what you mean... but try ngay

Your week nearly ends, so I hope you enjoyed it and have other weeks great and amusing!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

´eveng te atan

At first let me say thank you to all people reading my thread.
It was a very nice week even though the server has crashed for some days.
But no problem. It was a great honor for me to be NotW.
Ma Ricardo, a big thank especially to you for choosing me.

Also thanks to Eichhörnchen for the fantastic picture of Gucky and for all of your storys,
such as these ones which will be written in the future.

Here are the results to my F/T questions. Two people answered correctly (congratulations!):

Eichhörnchenngayngaytsleng
Eana Uniltslengngayngay
Ikxerungaytslengngay
Ricardotslengngayngay
Yaknuntslengngayngay
Palulukanä Tarontungaytslengtsleng
Ningeyngayngaytsleng
Blue Elfngaytslengngay

Here are the correct answers to the the questions:

1) I´ve eaten a real snake I found and killed in the forest.
Yes, that´s true.
Around 27-28 years ago I travveled together with 6 friends to Peloponnes, which is in greece, for 6 weeks.
All we had was (see one of the questions in the thread) a sleeping bag, a sharp knife, some matches and a water bottle.
Only one of us had some additional tools like mountaineering cords, carabiners, first aid kit and such things. At this time, he worked as a pederal border guard (in germen it means Bundesgzenzschutz) and he had a lot of experience with doing such survival trips.

Only for the first few days we´ve had food so we had to find out food anyway in the wilderness of these very beautiful landscape. It looked a little bit like Pandora on some places and for 3 to 4 weeks we met absolutely nobody. There was only the nature and ourselves.
One late evening, we were sitting near to our campfire, one of my friends (the one I spoke from above) said with a little confusion in his voice: "Hey look at my sleeping bag. Its moving, but I´m not lying in it? Whats about that? Are I´m crazy now?". Then within two or three seconds he jumps up very quickly from the campfire and jumps on his sleeping bag. With one hand, he grabed carefully into his sleeping bag an then he took out a snake.
Several seconds later he dropped her head from the body and loughed said: "Wow! Here we´ve a nice dinner.".
We roast it over the fire and then we eat it. It tastes similar to ckicken meat. The snake was not big at all. It´s length was about 1.5 meters and it was really thin.

2) I´ve built a robot by myself which looks like C3-PO from the Star wars movie and which can walk nearly like a human.
This story is wrong. Indeed I had such an idea when I saw ASIMO the first time, but this is too hard to solve and... too expansive for me.

3) During a very hot summer many years ago a growler has saved my life.
This is unbelivable, but it´s true, too. It has happend during the same trip I told from in my first question/answer.
We were in the mountains which were around 1200 meters high.
One day we saw that our water bottles were nearly empty and two of us went away to search a spring that they knowed from a trip to this place four or five years ago.
After 6 or 7 hours they came back an had to tell us that these spring was blocked by an collapsed cave.
Next morning we left this place to go to the next village that was about 50km away. It was the 2nd day without drinking any water. We all felt very desiccated and so we left this place.
Later this day we felt more and more desiccated and suddenly one of us cried out: "Look there!" and he began to lough. We followed him and then we couldn´t belief our own eyes.
In the middle of a small forest there was a little growler which had an size of (circa) 15 x 10 meters. It looked like a big snowball, someone had thrown away.
The temperature this day was about 35 degrees celcius. So we took out our pots and bottles and began to scrape the ice from this growler.
Because we were REALLY thirsty, we began to eat the ice directly with our blank hands.
Some hours later we all had stomach ache (it was our own fault) :D.
Nobody knows where this groler came from but we thought it could be broken from an ice stream of the
higher mountains. But this was only a guess. I know this is an really unbelievable story but it´s true.
I made photos (slides) from that but across the years the most of them were lost or corrupt.
But there are my old freinds which travelled together with me...

@ Blue Elf:
You asked me why I´m not publishing my songs and stories (Na'vi nì'aw) in the international forum section.
I will answer you openly and honestly:
Sometimes (or should I better say often? :D ) I´m a little coward ;)
Often I think my Na'vi sounds very poor and my translations are... hmmm... bad.
Some people like Plumps and/or Ikxeru (from our learning group) often tell me, that I´m very wrong by thinking this way.
Then sometimes I become unsecure...
But I promise I will think about that and one day I'll take all my courage together and I will release it.

So, let me thank again to all people reading and interesting in my stories.

Blue Elf

Quote from: ´eveng te atan on August 13, 2012, 11:27:33 AM
@ Blue Elf:
You asked me why I´m not publishing my songs and stories (Na'vi nì'aw) in the international forum section.
I will answer you openly and honestly:
Sometimes (or should I better say often? :D ) I´m a little coward ;)
Often I think my Na'vi sounds very poor and my translations are... hmmm... bad.
Some people like Plumps and/or Ikxeru (from our learning group) often tell me, that I´m very wrong by thinking this way.
Then sometimes I become unsecure...
But I promise I will think about that and one day I'll take all my courage together and I will release it.
No need to afraid. Nobody is master and mistakes, if any, can be removed.
Trrìri a ngal layonu mipa tìrolit sreferey oe nìprrte'.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

Dang, I was wrong. >.< ^^ Interesting background stories though, thanks for explaining 'em, ma 'eylan oeyä :)

´eveng te atan

Nìprrte' my 'ewana 'eylan asevin ;)

Tse nìkeftxo ma frapo fwa zene oe tstu sivi tsaw.

Oel ayngati kayameie, ma smuktu oeyä.