NotW #115: Toruk'makto

Started by Toruk'makto, September 14, 2012, 12:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk'makto

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

I'm 20 years old and live in Bamberg/Germany. I'm an industrial meachanic, working in a big firm. Our Firm produces milling and turning machines and sell them all over the world.
I've finished school after 10 years. After this I starts an job training for 4 years, which had been ended 2011. My first langunage is German and I can speak english more or less.  ;D

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

This question is simple. :) I think it's the same reason for all members in the community.  8)  
When I saw the movie the first time I was absolutely facinated. I went out of the cinema, went home and was searching in the internet for more informations to the movie. I wanted to talk this other people about the movie and I was interested in what the other people think about.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

The pic cames from the Avatar-game from the part when you can fly with the Toruk. It must be a great feeling to fly on top the Toruk.
My name "Toruk'makto"... hmm... I think it's clear from what the word is coming. Is there anybody here who wouldn't be a Toruk'makto?

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

No, I didn't. At the first time I was fascinated from the speech of the Na'vi and I stared to learn it, but I'm not really good in learning languages and I'm happy that my english is so good to communicate with it. And on the other hand; Yes it's great when you can speak Na'vi but I think it's reasonabler to learn a speech which is spoken by more than a few guys. But when you good in learning languages or it's fun to learn it; why not.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

I think it's "skxawng".  ;D
I like this word and I use it sometimes, to say to other peoples "you are stupid", when I'm angry or so on.
But I like many other words too. I love words with : kx, px, tx. It sounds very good.  :)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

It's hard to say, but I think the forum is the most importent part of the website. You can aks questions about the movie and can hear other opinions to your question and at the end your question is answered for the most time. It's a shame that the people in the forum are more and more inactive.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I'm the organisator of 3 AVATAR-Meetups in Germany. It was not easy but it was great to arrange it. It's fun to see all the people in RL and talk to them or doing something together.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

You are in a perfect world when you are one of the Na'vi. You and the nature are one. It must be very awsome to be a Na'vi. OK not all the time. There a many dangerous parts in the daily live, like hunting and the dangerous animals and plants, but when you are one with the nature like the Clans in Africa, it must be very great. The ulterior motive of the movie is the greatest part of all. The humans have to look after the earth to protect the world.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Of course. I'm a nature lover, but since I saw the film it's more intensive. You see more bits and bobs when you go through the forest or on hiking pathes. You see more footprint from the animals and so on. And in the daily life I look forward the environment more than before I seen avatar for the first time.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

WOW. Sorry, I can't answer this question. I have no idea what I'd ask.

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Free time? Have you got a translation what this mean? Ok, it was a joke :) But I haven't got really much free time. We have a little farm and there is very much to do. But ich have enough time to meet friend and so on. But generally speaking my live is'n boring. I've daily other things to do. Repair here anything and help a friend by building something or something like that.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1) Sry. I know it's not an Earth animal but Nr. 1 is the Dragon: It's the King of the earth. Very powerful and brave. I love this mythical creature.
2) Eagle: I wish I could fly and see the earth from the air. They are so mayestically.
3) Dolphins: They are very cool animals. They are very coltish and I think you have fun when you spend time with them.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

The only superpower I'd like to have is, that I'd fly. But before I'd become Superman it would be better to mutate into a dragon.  ;D

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1) emergence medicine
2) a knife
3) a canvas

Importent things to surviv.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

It's not a very difficult question. PANDORA. I think anybody knows why.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Peace all over the world and equal rights.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

What would I do in my life. It's importent to have a way in my live. I've plans for the future and I try to realize them. Yes, you can digress from this line, but some day you will go back to your line.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1) I'm a little chemist and for a while I made a little experimant. Now the tree of my nightbor is only the half of the tree. The rest of the tree was burned up.
2) I'm a complimentary commitet person, who helps on much social projects in my region.
3) My hobby is driving rallys and 2 years ago I had an accident. I lost the control of the car. My car estimate 2 times and crashed in a big label. The funny thing. I was absolutely ok.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I was bodypainted in a shop and met an colleague from work. Most of the people who know me knows my avatar-hobby too, but he and his department didn't know anything. He told this his department and a day later everyone say something to me. It was admiration from the colleague, but it was a little bit embrassing.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...

I know that your are very interested in all what has to do with Bows and Arrows. Have you a own Bow at home and have you learned archery in a club?

Yes I have 2 Bows. A longbow with 40lbs and a compoundbow with 45lbs. It's fun to shoot with the bows, but unfortunately I haven't got so much time to do this. I didn't learned it in a club and I'm not in a archeryclub, because I'll shoot only for fun and not take part in a contest. I learned it on my own. Ok a friend helps me at the beginning, but later I did all on my own.

Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Eichhörnchen

Oel ngati kameie, ma Toruk'makto

Seykxel sì nitram ulte smon nìprrte. :)

Its very nice that you have acecpted the choice. Many thanks. :)

I hope so much you found another NotW, so the chain is not broken again. :-*

Teri pxesìpawm, 'en si oe: tsleng... half tree. ;D
ngay, ngay.

'Ivong Na'vi, ma smukan ulte livu Eywa ngahu frakrr sì fratseng,

ta Robert
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, ma Toruk'makto!

Have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!
Enjoy it. :D

Quote from: Toruk'makto on September 14, 2012, 12:31:35 PM
The pic cames from the Avatar-game from the part when you can fly with the Toruk. It must be a great feeling to fly on top the Toruk.
My name "Toruk'makto"... hmm... I think it's clear from what the word is coming. Is there anybody here who wouldn't be a Toruk'makto?
;D ;D

True/False - very difficult :-\:
-> 1. tsleng/false
-> 2. ngay/true
-> 3. ngay/true

Nice that the chain continues! :)

Eywa ngahu!

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

pukapa nari

ma Toruk'makto ~ congratulation !!
Good job !!
Though sometimes your English is very funny ...
(Mine isn't better at all ;P  ...)

T/F quite easy ...

So I'm sure it's T/T/T  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Eywa ngahu  !!

Edit: wrong character

Eana Unil

Kaltxì si oe ngar, ma Toruk'makto, ulte seykxel sì nitram! :)

Pxesäplltxeri 'en si oe...

hmm... ngäzìk...

ngay, ngay, tsleng.

Kosmana kintrr ngar ulte Eywa ngahu livu :)

Ricardo

Congratulations!

For your questions I guess:

F/T/T.

:D

Yaknun

Congratulation for the title NotW  :D

Have a great week and much readers and fans of your words. It's all very interest for me.  :)

I miss a little bit the bonus-question and I hope you let us know later this part  :-*

For your questions I guess:  false / true / true

Eywa ngahu   :) :D
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
Thank you for all the gratulations.  :)
Yes, I know the bunis question is missing, but Eichhörnchen asked me no question. He trys to find a question, so let us see :)

@papuka nari: You a right. sometimes I'm a little bit crazy. So why shouldn't I burned up a tree? Maybe you are the once who are right. OR not? I don't know.  :P

I HOPE EVERYONE CAN READ MY SOMETIMES NOT SO PERFECT ENGLISH. IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS, CAUSE HE DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING OR SO ON... AKS.

Bye
T'M
Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

pukapa nari

Quote from: Toruk'makto on September 15, 2012, 04:55:07 AM
@papuka nari: You a right. sometimes I'm a little bit crazy. So why shouldn't I burned up a tree? ...
Yes ;)

... I found out, you could even see that burned tree in google maps !! :o
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

E. n.

Toruk'makto

I didn't saw the PM with the bonus question yesterday, but now I had answered the question.

´eveng te atan

Kaltxì ma Toruk, ma Toruk'makto oel ngat kameie ulte seykxel sì nitram!

Very very thank you for being a "real" NotW (with a strange look to the last one :( )

To the  ngay - tsleng questions I think, the answers are: tlseng . ngay - ngay

Enyoy your Notw week as much as you can.

ta

'eveng te atan.

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì ma ´eveng te atan
Thank you for your gratulations :)
It's fun to be NotW. By the way: Thanks for that to all.  :D

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì, ma Toruk'makto

Should there not be a "Na'vi of the Week" banner? :-\
Or get the banner, when the week is over? :-\

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Toruk'makto!
It is nice that new Notw was found, it would be pitty, if this thread will die.
QuoteIt's a shame that the people in the forum are more and more inactive.
Well, it is very sad fact. I hope it changes again some day, when JC starts new work on Avatar v2 and higher ;D

Regarding T/F statements:
1/ I'd say T/ngay. Although I was interested in chemistry too and my experiment didn't cause any harm, I believe someone can :)
2/ Trying to guess T/ngay again.
3/ According to your age I guess F/tsleng

Have a great week and be successful when searching for your successor!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
I think I geht the title after the week, but I don't know.
I hope that the forum is very active again wen AVATAR 2 will come, too.
Thank you for the wishes.

Kìyevame

BTW: I've corrected a few misspellings and added a few things. I hope this is better than my first try. :)

Palulukanä Tarontu

Kaltxì ma Toruk'makto ;)

Congratulations for becoming the new NotW.
Interesting answers you gave to the given questions.
To your true/false questions: I can't say that there was a burned tree, so I think this might be false:
--> false / true / false

Sad that this is the last day, I am late :D
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
Yes you are a little bit late ma Palulukanä Tarontu, but better than you'd wirte nothing :)
OK. AGAIN: Thanks to all who read my NotW post and posted wishes or something else.
NOW the resolution from the True/False questions.

1. False: We've a tree which was half burned up but it was the result of a storm and not my blame.  :)
2. True: I'm a very social man. I volunteer one's time in our church an help by some clubs to start projects like planting flowers or something else without earning mony.
3. False: Somethimes you suppose that I drive Races when you see my way to drive, but I'm no rallydriver and I hope that I never have an accident.

It was nice to be NotW. Thank you.

raster

Kaltxì Toruk'makto
Congratulation to be NotW. It's nice to read this things about your person.
Well done.
ayoeng lu aysmuktu mì sirea.

Bisher 3 Kekse bekommen.

Toruk'makto

Thank you ma raster.
OK, the new NotW is chosen and I think I can close the thread now.
Tank you all.
Kiyevame