NotW #116: Raster

Started by raster, September 25, 2012, 01:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raster

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

I come from Bavaria in Germany. I speak German, Bavarian and a bit Na'vi.
Because I'm not so good in the english language, I want to give thanks to my girlfriend, who's registered in this Forum too, because she helps me to translate this.
I'm 22 years old and studied electronics for energy and building engineering (I don't know if this is the right job description).
While I'm not working, I make on electronic curcuits, study Na'vi or make on some other Avatar related topics.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

The first time I saw Avatar I felt in love with it. The next day I searched for Avatar related things in the Internet and found the Learnnavi forum really quick. The most thing I like is the pandorian landscape, how much the Na'vi are bound tho the nature and their relationship to each other. I also think, that the language sounds good.
I'm holding true with the forum since two years, because I very appreciate the communication between each other here. I like the conversations about Avatar and that everyone can tell his opinion and thoughts without being flamed. The time I spend here is different. Every day I have a look at the Forum but how much time I spend here depends on how much is new to read. I limit to the German subforum here.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

I used raster long time before I chose him for an Avatar nickname. Originally raster comes from "ausraster" (I think the english translation here is "to go berserk".)
My profilpicture is a a picture by me. It was taken while the first german fanmeeting. I'm supposed to change the picture to an new one because my coloration has become much better.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Oe pivlltxe nìNa'vi nì'it.
Pittifully I'm not very talented in learning a language. Becuase of that my learninig progress is very little although I'm learning Na'vi since 2 years. I started learning the Na'vi because I like the language and in my oppinion someone who disguise as Avatar should be able to speak Na'vi. My goal is it to understand the Na'vi texts if I see Avatar 2 in cinema.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

My favorite word in Na'vi is "meoauniaea". I can remember the time this word had no meaning. This time I found it funny that there was a word without a meaning. Now meoauniaea has a meaning and this meaning is very important for me.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

I can't set up a top3, but I want to thank all the people who took the trouble to develop woring-sheets and other helpfully thinks for learning Na'vi. My thanks goes also to all who translated the dictionarys and learning stuff to German and keep them up to date. I also want to thank the dict-navi.com team.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I'm proud of contributed to the audio drama "zola'u mi 'rrta" and "säsyep".
I also was a host of an Avatar fanmeeting.
Relating to the future, a 3rd audio drama is planned and the working out is starting soon. In addition a survival meeting is planned which I organise in collaboration with Toruk'makto.
I'm going to assist in future projects and I'll be open for everything.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

First I start with the part of the movie I mostly don't like.
The first time Jake meets Neytiri and he follows her to Kelutral he's threatened by some Na'vi with spears and screams. In my oppinion this shouts doesn't fit to the usually calm and carefully behavior in the forest. Later on it is a pitty that Tsu'tey callenges Jake to fight with each other. I wished they resolved the argue more civilized.

It is not easy for me to point on a specific part I like especially.
I very like the part where Jake links to his Avatar the first time and is able to walk and run again. Later on I very like the scenes in wich the relationship between the Na'vi and the nature is shown.

I'm sure I'm an Avatard. I think there are very few people who studied how the stripes run through the Na'vi body, their facial expressions and how they move so close a s I did. For hours I analyzed with others scenes from the movie, disguised periodic as Avatar and visited mostly all German Avatar fanmeetings. I saw Avatar 13 times in cinema. How often I saw him in sum I can't tell exactely.  

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Avatar changed my life radically. If there were any possibility to become a real Na'vi I'd do it. Pittifully It won't happen. I try to integrate some Na'vi habits to my daily life if I think they're positiv.
In many ways I can identify myself as a Na'vi.
At the meetings I disguse as an Avatar (I can't hide the 5th finger and toe ;) ) for a few days. To wear my hair as braid they are to short.
At the time I don't have any deeper relationship to a single animal but I respect all the animals living on these planet.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

There aren't any certain questions I would like to ask. If I had the chance to talk to Cameron I would be interested in his idea from Pandora. How this idea grew up. If I had the chance to talk to karyu Pawl I would ask him how he manage to memorize so much languages. To ask something about Na'vi (wich aren't asked yet) my knowledge is to little.

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

In my free time I make on Avatar. I talk to people from the forum, work at my Avatar costume and take part in as much as possible Avatar meetings. Beside I develop and build up electric curcuits. But this I do mostly for personal needs.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

To tell the truth, I don't have any favorite animal. Every animal species has his place and right to exist.
I'm not afraid of, but if I'm on my way through the bavarian Forest and I plan to sleep there, I make some provision to don't meet a boar.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

I don't want to have any superpowers because I think that a human can't handle with the fact he is more than a match for others.
I think there is the danger that I would push through without pay attention on others. And I don't want this.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

If I could chose I would decide for some barrel with humus, a rich choise of plant seeds and a desalination system for the surrounding ocean water. With many patience the island should turn into a blooming paradies where you like to stay.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

This is easy: If I could travel to Pandora I would do it. But I had to pick up someone before which I would take with me.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

I would wish that the people aren't so greedy anymore.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

I ask myself if I'm crazy and I've got to answer myself that I don't know exactely but I grant that I'm crazy at least.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

- I have seen that someone spraying water at an active high voltage transformator
- I've seen 20000 dead chicken at once
- I ate raw earthworms

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Avatar related I hadn't any abnormally experiences. But it is funny if there are any disguised people at the meetings who walk through the city.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionI know you are a natural lover. So, how did you start the interest in nature and why?

This question is hard to answer. I live in a rural region and grew up with nature. Because of that I have some knowledge about nature and I'm interested in till today.
ayoeng lu aysmuktu mì sirea.

Bisher 3 Kekse bekommen.

Tìtstewan

O'zapft is!  ;D ;D ;D
We have a new NotW!

Seykxel si nitram, ma raster! :)

Have a nice and a wonderful week as Na'vi of the Week, and enjoy it! ;)

My True/False answer:
-> 1. ngay/true
-> 2. tsleng/false
-> 3. ngay/true
(to 3. - I don't thing that, but who knows? :-\ :D)

Eywa ngahu!

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Yaknun

Kaltxi ma tsmukan ulte congratulations for the activ NotW  :D ;) :D

Your lovest word meoauniaea is a great word and likely  :D

I think "Bavarian" is a very heavy language for other people  ;D ;D ;D

Have a nice and a wonderful week as Na'vi of the Week  :)  I wish you amazing number of visitors  ;) ;)

For your true/false-question I think it is: false/true/true

Eywa ulte frapo ngahu
ta
Yaknun
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Eana Unil

Seykxel sì nitram, ma raster :)

My guesses... true, false, true.

Tsu'tey

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

´eveng te atan

Seykxel sì nitram, ma 'eylan oeyä Raster.

Nice to see that you become NotW, too and very welcome in "our club" :D

To your f/t questions - Hmmm. I know you a little bit and I think:
ngay - tsleng - ngay

ta

'eveng te atan

Raiden

Yeah, you hear all about things like bears and wolves, but nobody talks about the boars.

The only time a wild boar isn't dangerous is when it's served with eggs and toast.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Blue Elf

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Raster! It's great that Notw thread continues! And seems that there are many of our Na'vi brothers  in Germany ;D (nothing wrong, of course).
About T/F statements - hmm, it is really hard guess, so I'll try to shoot into the dark only:
- I have seen that someone spraying water at an active high voltage transformator
Tsleng/false. One can't survive this, although you don't speak if he survived or not... (BTW, once I've seen man with burning cigarette on the petrol station. We didn't stop there...)
- I've seen 20000 dead chicken at once
Ngay/true. It is possible probably only at chicken farm with technical problems, but IMO not impossible
- I ate raw earthworms
Trying Ngay/true. I've seen on video somewhere here on forum, that someone did it, but I wouldn't try it personally.

Have a nice days not only this week!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Ricardo

Very nice answers, ma Raster.  :D

For the T/F statements I guess

T/T/F.

Tanri

Zola'u nìprrte' fìlì'ukìngmì ulte seykxel sì nitram ma Raster!
As Blue Elf notices, you are member of a very strong clan. It constantly fascinates me how the mentality or life situation of the people no more than few hundred kilometers away from each other can be so different. Here in Czech, you can easily count the still active members of this community on fingers of one hand (Na'vi hand, I am afraid).

Now I will try to guess your statements: Yes, Yes, No.
The first one is actually a sign of thorough care of high voltage, even when the transformer itself is only secondary target for that water. ;)
The second - I already saw those halls full of chickens and I hate them. Its an ruthless industry, not agriculture.
And the last - no, please, not raw earthworms. I can imagine boiled or fried or prepared in some other way, but not raw.

Ngeyä kintrr livu 'o', ulte frakintrrìri nìwotx leykivu 'uol prrte' ngat. :)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
Thank you for accepting my request to be NotW.  :)
There are very interesting answers to the questions.

To the T/F questions I think all of them could bei true. OK the second answer is a little bit  implausible, but when you go to the "Oktoberfest" there could be a big chickengrill for 20.000 chickens :)

Have a great week as NotW.

Kiyevame
T'M
Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Palulukanä Tarontu

Kaltxì ma Raster, congratulations to be the next NotW. And again, I am too late this week :o

Everyone here has a lot interesting to tell and it's surprising stuff what you didn't know yet :D
To your questions:

1. I think that's true. There are so many morons out there who think they could clean such a transformer by easily putting a lot of water on it when it is active. Especially when the water creates a short circuit between the contacts. The result of that might be clear, right?
2. Hard to answer. I can't imagine that this amount of chicken can be at the same place. Maybe when they are dead but not alive. -> false
3. I think thats easy to answer. Some eat that. I think you are capable of doing that. -> true

Because I am too late, I can't wish a nice week a NotW... But, have a nice last dayy as NotW ;)
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

raster

All the true/false statements are true. Thanks to all who gave an answer.
ayoeng lu aysmuktu mì sirea.

Bisher 3 Kekse bekommen.

Ikxeru

uhhhhhh....   I am too late. Sorry for that, anyway: congrats ma Raster, seykxel sì nitram.
Oel ngati kameie ma Raster ulte zola'u nìprrte' mì fìpongu ayNa'viä kintrrä.

And. guess what: I knew right from the start that all T&F-statements are true.  ;)

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...