NotW #119: Tìtstewan

Started by Tìtstewan, October 14, 2012, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì sivi, ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke!

:-\...how I start...
I hope you can read and understand my horrible English... :-X

I have to say, that this is a huge honor for me! A lot of thanks goes to Palulukanä Tarontu, to choosen me! Irayo!

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
----------------------------
My name is Roland and my age is 22, in october will be 23 ;). I was born in 'the heart' of Transyilvania, Romania ;).
I live in Germany for over 21 years, between Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria -> Neu-Ulm. My native language is Romanian, but I speak fluent German (I speak German better than Romanian). My english is not so good and my Na'vi is - at the moment - very low... :-X
I do a apprenticeship as clerical worker and at the spring 2013 I will have examination...

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
Puhh...it's a long Story...
I worked early with other languages and writing system of this world. I have tryed to learn other languages at on own initiative. But I spent a lot of time to decipher other writing system without internet or languagebooks. For example, I deciphered the russian writing system with help by an atlas and a history book...(lol)
I'm interested in constructed language. I have tryed to learn klingon, but it was to difficult for me. The klingon pronunciation are difficult and the reading.... it's another story... ;)
For a long time, than there was silence with foreign languages...
It was about two years ago, my friend has borrowed me his DVD version of Avatar. My sister had mentioned this earlier times, but did nothing about it, because I thought it was hype. (Yes, I was blind and too lazy to inform me about this movie...)
When I had seen the DVD version for the first time, I was in any way "irritated" and looked at the other one evening again.
Then I realized how good the movie was (opened my eyes!), and took me a few months later, the Collector's Edition on Blu-ray. ;) :)
What fascinates me about the movie even had (not only the world, the animals, plants and the Na'vi), was the basis story, which is pretty much my opinion against mankind has represented.
What also exerted a great fascination for me was the language of the Na'vi. (what resulted from my previous hobby :))
The Na'vi language sounded familiar for me. Then I began to concern myself with the language and I noticed, that was quite easy to learn for me, because it has similarity with my mother tongue. (...vocal combination like 'oe', 'oaie'...meoauniaea ;D)
So I thought: I learn this language, so I can say: look, I can speak Romanian, German, English, Na'vi <-- are the most look at me wrong, but --> 'Ivong Na'vi! ;D

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
The translation of Roland is courage/bravery => tìtstew. Than I adapted it to Tìtstewan, so was my alias born ;)
My profile pic are from the movie Avatar :D It's an animated landscape diashow.
There is one/two of the original sized Picture, what sometime use as dektop background (Photoshop-reworked) :

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
My Na'vi is at the moment not so good, but it is slowly getting better. I'm learning Na'vi on your own. I use the dictionary Na'vi - German, Lì'fyayä leNa'vi, etc.
My family and friends accept my intention to learn this language.
I'm greeting my friends with "Kaltxì", or "Kaltxì sivi ma oeyä 'eylan" ;)

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
My favorite words are: skxawng, vrrtep, meoauniaea, 'eylan. :D.
When I'm angry (-> blind drivers at the street), I say often: fayvrrtep, fayskxawng, (fay/fi)sawtute tsun ke tse'a... (when you listen that on the street, remember, thats can be only me ;D ;D ;D)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
It is difficult to say...I think, all the Na'vi learning worksheets are created, are very helpful.
So my thanks goes to the persons, who have written the worksheets and to the persons, who translated it all into German ;)

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I hope, I understood this question rightly...
No, I have not written a contribution until now, where I could be proud of.
The only notable would be the bow building thread in the German section. Unfortunately I had to put the project temporarily on hold due to lack of resources. :(
The otherone wich may be notable is my first fan fiction, the Avatar goes Fractal Art, or Tì'ipu - Humor...
I think, the time will tell on what I can be proud of.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I think, I saw Avatar 30 - 50 times...I don't know exacly... ;)
What I hate? Hmm... Quaritch? ...Quaritch! Yes I hate Quaritch, I just hate him. ...Parker Selfridge too: he is so a damn typical capitalist! And people, who say Avatar are a newer version of Pocahontas... (faysawtute!) >:( >:( >:(

I like the Pandorian world, the Na'vi and their way of life, the concept of Eywa...
And I like the story and how the movie is made.
:) :)

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar changed your life in any way?
How I can explain...
It has shown me clearly that I can be happy with the least. The Na'vi have no these modern things like us, they don't need or want our modern stuff. Anyway they are happy.
And exactly this I have taken as a model. Unfortunately, I can not let anything stand and lie and disappear into the "wilderness". There my hands are tied (yet). I try to come as close to this ideal.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Question to Cameron: when I can see the extended version with the deleted scenes? ;)
Question to Frommer: Did you have new words for Avatar 2 and can tell us?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Wenn I have free time, I listenig music, watching DVD/BD movies, painting and drawing, playing games on PC or try to learn Na'vi. ;)

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
1. Birds-of-paradise -> because I like them and their beauty reminds me at the animals of Pandora.
-------
2. Lion -> looks majestic.
-------
3. Dolphins -> hmm, I just like them.
-------
Only I do not like mosquitoes, because they annoy me.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Non of them... My heart will give me superpowers! ;)

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
Hmmmm...
...a large water tank -> so I don't die of thirst.
...an umbrella -> so I don't get a sun stick.
...a few plants -> so I can eat what and have a nice view.
;D

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
1. I would want to travel to the future to see how the world looks.
2. I would want to travel to Pandora and to be a Na'vi, because I like their way of life.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
I wish, the mankind will understand, that the exploitation of nature as it is happening today, will kill us slowly.
If the nature dies, the mankind will die too...

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Why do I need all these modern things? Because I grew up with it.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1. I used my balcony as a garden.
2. I survive a heavy accident.
3. I had a TV appearance.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
I am afraid nothing specific has happened to me.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...
Bonus question still not get.

'Ivong Na'vi ulte Eywa ngahu!
- ta Tìtstewan

Edit: I have removed the links of the old pictures, because they're gone. Oct 12 2017 ayngeyä Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Eichhörnchen

Oel ngati kameie, ma Tìtstewan

'awve  ;D

Seykxel sì nitram ulte livu Eywa ngahu frakrr sì fratseng.

QuoteI was born in 'the heart' of Transyilvania, Romania

Why I must think now on your first Fan-Fiction? :-\ ;D :P

Teri pxesìpawm, 'en si oe: tsleng, ngay, ngay. ::)

'Ivong Na'vi, ma nawma smukan ulte ngaru livu kintrr a sunu. :-*

ta Robert
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Tìtstewan

Oel ngati kameie, ma Eichhörnchen

Irayo for your post!

Quote from: Eichhörnchen on October 14, 2012, 12:41:02 PM
QuoteI was born in 'the heart' of Transyilvania, Romania

Why I must think now on your first Fan-Fiction? :-\ ;D :P
--> Because I start my story there? ;D ;D ;D ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Yaknun

Kaltxi ma tsmukan Titstewan,

Congratulation for NotW. I wish you lot of visitors with good comments  ;)

For your Questions I think false/yes/yes is ok.

I hope it is not a new tratition for missing bonus question   :-X :'( :-\ :-*

Have good time this week.

ta
Yaknun
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Kaltxi ma Yaknun!

Quote from: Yaknun on October 14, 2012, 01:14:30 PM
Kaltxi ma tsmukan Titstewan,

Congratulation for NotW. I wish you lot of visitors with good comments  ;)
Irayo ma tsmukan!

I know your site ;)
I voted twice now. ;) :D

I hope it is not a new tratition for missing bonus question   :-X :'( :-\ :-*
Maybe I get the question later?

Tsu'tey

Congrat ! I think true/false/true ;)

IPhone mit Tapatalk ;)

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Blue Elf

Furia nga slu Na'vi kintrrä ngaru seykxel sì nitram, na Tìtstewan (alu brave man ;D)

Every path goes to Roma, every new Notw comes from Germany ;D :D ;) ;DSorry, I couldn't resist to write it
Really German clan is unbelievably big, that's fantastic!
QuoteThe Na'vi have no these modern things like us, they don't need or want our modern stuff. Anyway they are happy.
I think that without these modern tools we'd be happier too. (I tend to say without computers, but then I couldn't connect this forum... :o not speaking about another good activities like geocaching. some kind of balance is needed but it's hard to find it...)

As for T/F statements:
Quote1. I used my balcony as a garden.
Nothing special, many people use it this, even my wife. NGAY (Recently I saw how many flowers has one of neighbors behind the window. He uses his room as garden!)
Quote2. I survive a heavy accident.
Not impossible, although not pleasant. I guess...TSLENG
Quote3. I had a TV appearance.
NGAY- me too (and I didn't know about it until my friend told me that :))

Nawma sa'nok ngaru lrrtok sivi fratrr!
Have all your weeks nice and pleasant!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Alyara Arati

Seykxel sì nitram! :)

Hmm... oe 'en seri... ngay nìwotx.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tanri

Kaltxì ulte seykxel sì nitram oeta nìteng, ma Tìtstewan!

Quote(when you listen that on the street, remember, thats can be only me)
Then, meet you on the road could result in a hì'ia tìpängkxo nìNa'vi, kefyak? ;D
About your statements, my guesses are: True, False, True.
I am unable to admit the positive answer to second statement, unless I have some clues to it.

Kintrr ngeyä lìyevu 'o'!

/I have to talk with Blue Elf about moving from Na'vi-less desert to Germany, because if, in distant future, someone will be able to buy ticket to Pandora, it has to be there/  :D
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tanri on October 17, 2012, 09:12:48 AM
/I have to talk with Blue Elf about moving from Na'vi-less desert to Germany, because if, in distant future, someone will be able to buy ticket to Pandora, it has to be there/  :D
Really, Germany seems to be land nearest to Pandora.

Yaknun

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 17, 2012, 09:34:18 AM

Oh - I think this is real this year, see

I booked it at the airport Cologne  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Yaknun on October 17, 2012, 11:00:37 AM
/I have to talk with Blue Elf about moving from Na'vi-less desert to Germany, because if, in distant future, someone will be able to buy ticket to Pandora, it has to be there/  :D

I booked it at the airport Cologne  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Ma Yaknun, I would have this ticket too! ;) ;) :D :P

Then, meet you on the road could result in a hì'ia tìpängkxo nìNa'vi, kefyak? ;D
Sran nìlun. :D

Ricardo

Congratulations!
I guess true/false/true for your questions!

It's nice to see you receiving the title NotW, because you're a really enthusiastic newcomer!

Blue Elf

Quote from: Yaknun on October 17, 2012, 11:00:37 AM

I booked it at the airport Cologne  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Fantastic! Going there to book it too ;D ;D

Palulukanä Tarontu

So, you are the new NotW now, I have to say congratulations. About the missing bonus question: at this time, I don't really have an idea, what I could ask...

To your statements:
1. True, I think you could have that, it is not uncommon
2. False, I don't hope you had this heavy accident
3. I am unsure at this... I think True

Enjoy your week as NotW ;)
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

´eveng te atan

Ta oeti seykxel sì nitram ma tsmukan alu Tìtstewan.
Sunu oer nìtxan fìtìrol a nga ralpameng alu El Condor Pasa.

Pxesìpawmìri ngeyä oel fpìl:
1) ngay
2) tsleng
3) ngay

Hayalovay ma 'ealyn ulte Eywa hu nga frakrr.

Ta

'eveng te atan.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: ´eveng te atan on October 22, 2012, 06:57:03 AM
Ta oeti seykxel sì nitram ma tsmukan alu Tìtstewan.
Sunu oer nìtxan fìtìrol a nga ralpameng alu El Condor Pasa.
:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my week as NotW is finished.

Thank you for your answers and for your congratulations!

Now the result of my true/false question:

1. I used my balcony as a garden.
  • 1. ngay/true: That's true:
With some tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. ;D

2. I survive a heavy accident.
  • 2. ngay/true: A picture speaks more than thousand words:
From a local newpaper at 1995. I was sitting in a black car. Fortunately no one died, I just broke my right leg. -.-

3. I had a TV appearance.
  • 3. tsleng/false: I had a sightseeing in the SWR Fernsehen (Südwestrundfunk -->wiki link<--) in Stuttgart, but I had not have a TV appearance.

Eywa ngahu!
- ta Tìtstewan

Tìtstewan

Update
The next NotW is choosen! :D :D

Edit: Thread is locked now!