NotW #120: ChimerasBlood

Started by ChimerasBlood, October 30, 2012, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChimerasBlood

Hey :D
I have to say, that this is a huge honor for me due to the fact I've generally stuck to the Art Forums for my entire time here. So thank you very much too Tìtstewan for asking/choosing me to be the next NoTW. I'll do this to the best of my ability :) I don't like really long answers so I'll keep this short and to the point as this is just how I roll. I apologize for the lateness of posting this, but I've been really busy working for my final exams which start in a week so yeah, that's why it's only appeared now!

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
My name is Casey, I prefer Chimera though, I am a 16 yr old from New Zealand, and I've lived here all my life. I'll be 17 in January. I'm in my Second to last year at Wakatipu High School, with my final exams in two weeks (would of posted this sooner but I'm been very very busy). My First and only language is English, I know a little Na'vi from when I had my obsession over Avatar and also a little bit of the Dragon launguage from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I'm pretty addicted to Art, Gaming and music.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
I chanced on this site when I was going through my Avatar obbsession stage two years ago. I instantly fell in love with the community here, everyone was really nice and it was great to be able to share my AVATAR fanart with people who would understand it

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
ChimerasBlood - it was a nickname I made up for myself after I got bored of my old DA User Spellfiretidecaller. It pretty much stuck with me and once I made my Enshi OC (Shape-shifter) Chimera I knew I had found the perfect name for myself on the web. My first & Last name both start with C. So it became a little bit of a joke when I took on 'Chimera' as my adopted middle name. So i can be known as Tripple C XD My avatar is not me, I'm a camera shy person. So mostly I just use my most recent/fave pieces of art I've made as icons. I generally use part of an image of Chimera, or until more recently I've used my 'calling' image as my icon. The tagline under my icon was off the lyrics of "Legends of The Frost" a skyrim fansong by Miracleofsound and Malukah on Youtube. Briinah Bruniik Sahrot Vahdin roughly translates into "Savage Sister, Beautiful Maiden". i have a fierce personality at times, though i don't consider myself 'beautiful' XD

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
I know a little bit, but I made an effort to learn some of the language, though I haven't used it in ages I've forgotten a reasonable amount of what I did learn unfortunately. My current Language interest is The Dragon Language from Skyrim, because all the shouts in game are in the language and it sounds amazing. My Signature is in the language of the Dov and it is part of the song/prophecy that the game itself is based on.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
skxawng  ;D because sometimes (and very often) I'm a skxawng myself.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
I love all the site. It's very interesting and I've spent ages going through what I can on this site. though I generally love the Fan Art/Art topics since I love seeing other peoples art.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I've generally made contributions to the Fan Art and Art Topics here as Art is what I'm good at. i have a number of posts in the Fan Art topic with my old AVATAR art, and one in the Art Topic with my almost up-to-date works from this year that aren't Avatar related. I don't have anything to be proud of, I'm just very happy and content to share my artwork with people outside of the DeviantArt community who would not otherwise see my work.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I disliked the length of the film (3 hours is a long time for me and I'm not a long haul person), but I did love the special effects in it. My Favorite part would be the amount of effort that went into the artistic part of it, like the designs of the planet, Na'vi/Flora & Fauna.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Not massively, but the Artistic side in making the Movie has certianly given me a very good idea on what I wish to pursue as a career when I leave high school (Digital Concept artists/Illustrator) and has made me pay more attention to concept work and ideas.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
I'm only very familair with Cameron so... "Are there any other pandoran land creatures as terrifying as the Thanator/Palulukan?"

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Do my digital art, lol at internet stuff and just playing games, or sleeping, or mentally writing stories of my characters, in no particular order, and normally at the same time.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
- Eagle
- Snake
- Shark

I love watching eagles/falcons flying, and they are skilled Hunters. Snakes/Sharks because they are extremely misunderstood animals and have been around a lot longer than we have.
I absolutely HATE wasps and spiders.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Ninja. I'm a stealth person to the core XD especially in games. For example in the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion & V: Skyrim I've always gone Thief/Assassin since I love sneaking around.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
My laptop, Drawing Tablet and Skyrim. Those are the only things I'd ever need as long as I had internet I'm happy XD

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
I don't need to go anywhere in Space or in time. I live in New Zealand which is the most beautiful place on earth and anywhere else.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
An epic computer with lots of RAM, memory, kick ass graphics card and processor for my digital art and gaming.
Girl gamer to the core.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
How is thing going to turn out? - when drawing and developing concept ideas.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

- I'm very very stubborn
- Constantly falling over objects
- I have a drivers licence

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar related thing that has happened to you?
So far nothing thankfully.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionIf you have the choice, what would you choose: a dragon, an Ikran or a Toruk, and why? ~ Tìtstewan
Easy. A Dragon. They are the most well known fantasy animal and are one of the most feared and respected. They appear in legends and stories all over the world. They come in different shapes, sizes, colors and personalities like us humans. Also, they can fly and breath fire (or spit acid etc) I've loved Dragons since I was a little kid. So I'd be a Dragon o3o.
<i>"Oh a monster? perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now Kings are dying like flies."</i>
Artblog: http://chimerasart.tumblr.com/

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, ma ChimerasBlood!

'awve :)

It was a long and hard way to this point... ;D ;D :D

So have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!
Enjoy it.

The True/False section:

- 1: Possible, but I dont't think that -> tsleng/false
- 2:  ;D -> ngay/true
- 3: I dont' t have ones... -> ngay/true :)

- ta
Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tanri

Seykxel sì nitram ulte zola'u nìprrte' mì soaia Na'viä kintrrä, ma Chimera!
You really deserve to be Na'vi of the week, because you are giving us the greatest things you can - fantasy and imagination. You are flying in the worlds I can see only from long distance. ;D

I wish you, Chimera, beautiful and enjoying week (and all your weeks ;)), and if you encounter something not entirely good, take the best from the worst :).
For some unknown reason, I guess that all three statements about you are true.

Tanri
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Kamean

Ma Chimera, seykxel nìtramsì ulte tì'eyngirì irayo seiyi ngaru nìtxan! :)
Fantasy and imagination for me also are very important. I wish you good luck with exams and let everything in your life goes well! :)
Nawma Sa'nikìl lrrtok siveiyi ngaru nìfrakrr! :)

1 - tsleng/false
2 - ngay/true ;D
3 - ngay/true

:D :D :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Have a nice week of reign here, and of course all other week too, Chimera. Nice to see such fantastic artist here.

Regarding T/F statements:
Quote- I'm very very stubborn
trying true
Quote- Constantly falling over objects
also true
Quote- I have a drivers licence
In sixteen you can have maybe license for small motorbike, but not real car license. As you do not specify more exactly, I say false.

Let Great Mother smiles at you and I hope you'll give us more wonderful pictures.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

ChimerasBlood

Well it's the 7th November  here in NZ so my NoTW week is up, and i won't have access to the Forums tomorrow since i'll be busy with exam revision.
i'm going to post my true/false statements now and lock the topic.

1) True. Very true XD 
2) partially true. i have been known to fall over my own feet and i'm very uncoordinated at times but i don't fall over everything i come across.
3) False. i don't have my learners licence since i don't have a vehicle to learn to drive in. In NZ the age we can apply for a learners drivers licence is at 16 :)
<i>"Oh a monster? perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now Kings are dying like flies."</i>
Artblog: http://chimerasart.tumblr.com/