NoTW #121: Fwewyu Tìomumä

Started by Fwewyu Tìomumä, November 08, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fwewyu Tìomumä

Hello. I was totally surprised when ChimarasBlood asked me to be a Na'vi of the Week...When I first came to this site I thought that was for all the important people! So here I go.

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
Hi, my name is Fwewyu Tìomumä (Seeker of Knowledge), but my real name is Tony. I grew up in Wichita, Kansas, but my family moved to Illinois 4 years ago. I am a 19 year old dude, and I am currently attending college at Missouri University of Science and Technology, where I plan to get a degree in nuclear engineering.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
After watching the movie for the first time, I pretty much fell in love with the idea of Pandora and how beautiful and pure it was. I thought that since I loved the movie so much, I should google the language sometime, and it took me about 3 months to finally remember to do it (yay high school). I found this site and it's people very helpful and interesting, and that's why I've decided to stay and learn Na'vi here. I usually spend about 1/2 an hour a night either on the site, Memrise, or Teamspeak, and sometimes all three.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
At first, I named myself Nì'awtu Frakrr (Always Alone), because throughout middle and high school I felt alienated from all the other kids. I had different interests and thoughts, and I never really "fit in" (I did have a few close friends though, so it was alright :D). However, college is so much better than my high school years, because everyone respects everyone and their interests, dreams, etc., so I renamed myself Fwewyu Tìomumä to reflect the fact that I am trying to better myself as a person.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Srane, oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D (although I probably made some grammar mistake haha). I am a beginner; I started learning about a year ago, but I had to stop for a while due to the end of school, scholarship apps, etc. I recently have regained interest and time and I plan to study Na'vi more in depth now. My friends thought it was cool, other classmates thought it was weird, and my parents were neither impressed nor skeptical, so it was fine. I haven't been able to get others interested in Na'vi though :(

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
I think my favorite word is vrrtep, because I use it when I get mad or hurt myself in place of using an English curse word. Besides helping me keep a positive image in front of others, it gives me a chance to talk about Na'vi if someone hears it and asks what I said :)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
Definitely the Memrise word list, all of the fan art, and the Ngaynume Project.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I haven't made any real contributions besides starting a few conversations about a few different topics and posting a couple of art pieces I did that were Avatar-inspired. I hope to contribute more in the future.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I like the music the most, and I hated the character of Quaritch the most. I have seen it 7 times I believe, and I think I am a medium-sized Avatard. xD

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Avatar has changed my view of the world, to a certain extent. I look at the world around me, and I can't help but think how much better it would be if things were like they are on Pandora. I see politics, industry, wars, and mankind in general pretty much destroying the Earth slowly but surely. Sometimes, when I'm loaded down with homework, I think about how much simpler life would be on Pandora! As far as the hair goes, I am actually starting to grow mine out. I've never had the chance to have long hair, so I figure now's probably the best time to do it :3

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
1. Cameron: How did the concept of Avatar come to you?
2. Frommer: How difficult was it to invent a language that was totally different from any language on Earth?
3. Cameron: I can't wait for Avatar 2, 3, and 4. When do you expect them to come out?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
I play bass, longboard, play computer games, fly RC stuff, and other fun things.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Cheetah, Elephant, and Platypus. I like them because they're extremely fast, extremely big, and extremely strange. :D

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
Definitely a robot ninja with a jetpack.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
Avatar Extended Cut, my bass, and my computer.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
I would choose to go to Pandora sometime after all the RDA bums got kicked off.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
I would wish for the power to heal people.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Why are you studying nuclear engineering? So I can work on making sustainable fusion power a reality.

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1: I love pizza.
2: I am ub3r n00b when it comes to video games.
3: I don't like animals.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
Well, thankfully I haven't had any embarrassing moments that are related to Avatar, but I did have a generic fail in the stairwell of my dorm today. So...Some people have little whiteboards on their doors that they or others write on. Someone wrote something like this: "tip of the day: I have wolpsbane (whatever that is) if anyone wants it". One of my roommates erased the 'wolps' and added a line to the 'a' to make it an 'o' and then added an 'r' to the end of the word....And so we were laughing about it on the way down the stairs and I quoted it saying "Hahahahaha 'I have a boner if anyone wants it"-right as a girl walked up the stairs. The look she gave me was priceless, and after we passed I'm pretty sure she ran the rest of the way up the stairs....

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...
I would have to say that I would choose to be a Na'vi. I would love to be able to experience the Na'vi way of life, and be able to sync with the flora and fauna of Pandora.

So yeah. I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope you guys enjoy reading it!
Thanks,
Fwewyu Tìomumä
Oel ke nì'awtu frakrr lu.

Toruk Makto

All of our clan are important!  Congrats on being picked for NotW!

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, ma Fwewyu Tìomumä!

Have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!

T/F:
- 1  tsleng/false ...I don't know why... ;D
- 2  ngay/true ?
- 3  ...-> :-\ ??? ??? :-X :-\ :-\
Quote from: Fwewyu Tìomumä on November 08, 2012, 08:06:17 PM
Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Cheetah, Elephant, and Platypus. I like them because they're extremely fast, extremely big, and extremely strange. :D
vs.
Quote from: Fwewyu Tìomumä on November 08, 2012, 08:06:17 PM
Quote from: Question #18True or false?
3: I don't like animals.
--> tsleng/false :-\

Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu
- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Ftxozäri ngeyä seykxel sì nitram, ma Fwewyu Tìomumä!
Have a nice week of your reign.

Regarding T/F statements:
1: I love pizza. -> trying ngay/true
2: I am ub3r n00b when it comes to video games. -> again ngay/true (we were too with friends at university :))
3: I don't like animals. -> tsleng/false (according question 12 it must be false)

Eywa ngahu.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tanri

Seykxel sì nitram!
Kintrrìl ngeyä zamivunge tìprrte'it sì tì'o' ngar, ma Fwewyu Tìomumä!
'en sìyi oe: Ngay, Tsleng, Tsleng.
QuoteI think I am a medium-sized Avatard.
:) ;D

Hayalovay!

Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Fwewyu Tìomumä

Well, it's Tuesday night, so I'm gonna post the answers to my questions and lock the topic. Also, I've messaged 6 different people, but none of them have replied...I'm trying the best I can to find the next NoTW.

1: True :D
2: False-I'm really ub3r 1337
3: False. I love animals!

Oel ke nì'awtu frakrr lu.