NotW #123: Pxia Säsngap

Started by Pxia Säsngap, November 20, 2012, 02:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

TEWTI! I was chosen as Na'vi Of The Week! :)

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

My friends call me Stachel and I'm 23 years old. I come from Germany and I speak German, English, Spanish and Na'vi. Since one month I'm also learning Finnish, which is quite a cool language, but in some cases even more difficult to speak than Na'vi. :) But as I love languages and have never had any problems with difficult pronunciation, I guess it's just fine. :P

I'm studying to become a film director, and yes, I wanted to do that even before Avatar! ;D :D ;D :D ;D I'm in my third (of four) year and will soon make my predegree film. That will be a strenuous time for me but I'm soooo looking forward to it. :P

I have got one sister who is 25 y-o and she studies German, English and France to become a translator for books, which is just the most fitting profession for her, just as director is for me. :)

My mother lives with her wife about 40kms from my home, so I'm living in my first own place, together with my lovely boyfriend. <3

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

On January 2nd 2010 I watched Avatar for the first time. I was fascinated and some kind of infected by its magic, but nevertheless I bought the BD in May, which is quite late, I think. But again it was like magic for me. And there was this one day (May 11th) I was somewhat bored and so I decided to watch Avatar again and when it ended I did it the second time that day. :P That was the moment I wanted to understand Eytukan and Mo'at and all the others when they talk about Jake the first time he comes to Kelutral. I paused the film to find something about that language on the internet. Luckily I found the learnnavi-website and even on this evening I started to learn Na'vi from the Nutshell Guide.

I never was a nerdy girl, who is on several forums, I've spent even less than 10 minutes a day on the computer. But on my third day of learning I made myself up a few exercises to get into speaking and writing and I wanted someone to check my sentences, so I've decided to join the forum.

Within three weeks time I've learnt everything from the Nutshell Guide and wanted to practice it. By speaking to others in the forum I have found new friends, and that's why I'm still here. It isn't some crazy forum to me anymore, to me it is a place to speak to and meet friends.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

Well, the profile pic was one of the pics they offer you on this website. My alias is myself. I already told you that my friends call me Stachel. That is not my real name, but it's the German word for sting. I chose this nickname for myself when I was about 14 y-o and it is still the name that really fits me. When you translate my alias in here into English it will become Sharp (Pxi-a) Sting (Sä-Sngap), and some also call me Säsngap, als the Pxia was only added to make it all sound a bit more like flowery language. :P ;D :D ;D I like it better like that, what about you? :)

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Kezemplltxe! ;D :D ;D :D ;D Oeru sunu fìlì'fya. Ulte lu hiyìk nìtxan fwa sute ke tsun tslivam tsa'u a oe plltxe. ;D :D ;D

My friends and family maybe found it crazy that I started learning it, but they knew me, they know I'm crazy so that is only one new crazy interest. :D

I didn't tell my colleagues because I don't like telling them about my personal life and my fellow student and the university lecturers didn't like it, as they didn't like Avatar either. But meanwhile they know that they need to accept it when they want to be friends with me. I would always be like that when I really like something. :P

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

I don't have one favourite word. I like several e.g. nìtxan, Eywa'eveng, Tewti, etc. And yes, of course I use them whenever I can, especially when only few people understand, and others don't. I like those faces. ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

I liked Ngaynume very much. I participated in the first grade and it was a lot of fun speaking to people nìNa'vi, even if it didn't help me that much, because I already knew most of the stuff in the lessons. But my English teacher always said 'use it or lose it' and 'Repeat, repeat, repeat', so it was somehow helpful for me personally in the end I guess. :)

Second I would say the Nutshell Guide, because it is easily understood and contains everything of the Grammar stuff you need to know. It took me only three weeks to get through it and I understood almost everything in the first attempt. :)

The last, but again very helpful thing is the dictionary on the LN.org. I use it since my first day and it is very well-arranged. I really like it and it is the one thing I still use very often. :)
Thank you guys who were involved in those three. :P

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I didn't create, write, invent anything special, but, and I think that is as important as those special contributions, I tried to help people learn. I've posted very much in the language part of this forum in my first weeks (until I've started to study) and I've also given lessons to people for example at our meetings in Germany and I always tried to explain Grammar to people who didn't understand it, when I did.
I think that is something I can be proud of. :)

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

Hm... I liked most that Cameron seems to have given everything a fair bit of thought. Even things about the world that don't have any effect on the film. I like that perfectionism of him, that you can see best in Avatar. Also I liked the message in it. Well, people might say that Avatar is not the only film about it, but I would always answer that I don't say I didn't like other films with that message. But I just like Avatar most of all those films. :)

I didn't like that you can easily recognize it is a computer world. In some scenes they could have done it better. I guess it was the pressure of time maybe, but I think that they could really have done better, because nowadays visual fx can be very very very well, so that people wouldn't see a difference to reality anymore.

I can't count how often I've seen Avatar. Even in the first week after buying it was about 8 times, so I really don't know. ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

I have already told you that 'strange nerds' became friends somehow. I guess that is the most important change. I have met so many and so great and wonderful people and one of them now is my boyfriend, I'm living with since March this year. What bigger changes could there be? :)

I'm so happy too have found this website and joined the forum and just decided to visit the second official German meeting. Since then I only missed one other meeting in Germany (so I've joined 11/13). And I've organized one of them myself :P

Aynga oeru yawne lu ma eylan :*

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Questions to Cameron:
1. Why have the Na'vi got only four extremities while all the other creatures have six? (Another reason than for the filmfans to better be able to put theirselves into the Na'vi position)
2. What would you change in the movie if you could just make it anew?
3. Did you want to spread some religious message with that film?

Questions to Frommer:
1. I would like to have a word for freedom.
2. I would also like to have a word for sentence.
3. What part of grammar did you create first, what second, etc.?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

I love to organize something, I create bpard games, I write stories, I play the piano, I sing along with songs, I read, I make cakes, I eat cakes, I like to dance and to swim, I meet my friends, I watch films, I would call the lessons in university freetime more or less, because they are a lot of fun, I draw, I- well, enough of that all, ask if you want to know more of that ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

First there is no real ranking. I can't tell if I like one animal more than another. And I have to differenciate between animals I like and animals I would keep.

Animals I like:

-Tigers, I love their cute big heads and they look so cuddly.
-Wolves, because they are some kind of 'pure'
-Eagles, because they look so proud and they know what they want

Animals I would keep:

-DOGS, especially Akita Inus. I'm simply in love with their look, their character etc.
-Bearded Dragons, as I have already got experience with those animals. I really like how the look like and how they behave, and I love many reptiles
-...  hm.. there is no other kind of animal I guess...

Animals I'm most terrified of:

Definitely wasps! I hate them!

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

None of them. I like Vampires and their qualities. For example how they are shown in Interview With The Vampire.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

I would take my boyfriend, desert proved clothes and some camera to at least make it a good movie. ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

If I had been asked in Summer 2010 I would definitely have answered Pandora. But I guess I'm not the type of woman who could live there. And there would have been conditions like I needed to have an Avatar. Now I would say something more realistic and maybe wise: I would like to go to a place and time I can be happy in. :)

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

That I will allways in my life reach my goals, maybe with some obstacles, but in the end I would reach it.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

My question would be 'What do you expect of your week in here?' Answer: I hope to receive some interesting answers and maybe also pms, to get to know new people who maybe have similar opinions or even completely different  opinions, but who have something to say to me. :)

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1. I've written a 163pages fanfiction which is already published at Books On Demand.
2. I like drinking Coke, after putting it into the microwave for about two minutes.
3. I've written a concept for a whole school with schedules and characters etc.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Hm, difficult, I don't think there is any... I guess that is because I'm not easily embarrassed, the funny things were only funny in the particular moment and there isn't any weird thing.
The most crazy thing would maybe be, to live together with one I've got to know in the forum. :) But that is the most crazy and the best thing that happened at once. ;)

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...

If you could have any new word added to Na'vi , what woud it be?

I've written two other words above but here's my special wish: I would like to have a special Na'vi word for film director :P ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, Pxia Säsngap!

Have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!

My try:
Director = Eyktan relä nìtut???

T/F Question:
Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 20, 2012, 02:34:07 PM
1. I've written a 163pages fanfiction which is already published at Books On Demand.
Hmm. that is absolute possible.  :)
Ngay/True

2. I like drinking Coke, after putting it into the microwave for about two minutes.
Never! When I forgot my coke in the sun and than I would drinking it...... :o :o :o
Tsleng/False

I don't know, but I think yes. :)
Ngay/True

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Palulukan Maktoyu

Seykxel si nitram, Pxia Säsngap. 8) 8)

ngay, i believe this

hrmm tough call, but i'm going with ngay as i've boiled ham in coke and it makes an interesting flavor in the ham as well some may like a hot sweet drink that doesn't have carbonation

going with ngay as well and if #1 is true then would fall right in line =)
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Pxia Säsngap

Irayo ma mesmuk :P

Wow, I like your guesses :) Just read my last post after the week and see if you were right ;)

Any other guesses? :P
Eywa ayngahu

Tsu'tey

Congrat Stachel writing perfect !  ;)

1.True

2.False / I know you drink not coffee ;)

3.True

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Hifkey'Tìranyu

Congratulations of becoming Na'vi of the week  :D

Oh I like eagles too, very graceful animals :) but I miss the bats  ???
Because I know the truth I will not answer your questions  ;)
It's simply wonderful, that you want to take me to the desert island. I think we would have a marvellous time together.  8)

I'm so happy about your decision joining this forum and visiting the german avatar-meet-ups.  8)
Actually I ought to change my own NOTW-Post, because you changed my life more than everything else.  :-[

enjoy your personal week!

with all my love
Hifkey'Tìranyu

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

NotW#82

Blue Elf

Kintrrìri ngeyä seykxel sì nitram, ma Pxia Säsngap! Another German person here, great! Hey, it is not really funny   ;D :D
QuoteI'm studying to become a film director, and yes, I wanted to do that even before Avatar!
So, you can help Cameron, did you consider it? :)

Säpllteri alu Ng/Ts 'en si oe:
Quote1. I've written a 163pages fanfiction which is already published at Books On Demand.
Ngay
Quote2. I like drinking Coke, after putting it into the microwave for about two minutes.
Boiled coke, hmmm. Based on my experience it is not good idea, but.... I say Ngay!
Quote3. I've written a concept for a whole school with schedules and characters etc.
Trying Tsleng

QuoteMy try:
Director = Eyktan relä nìtut
We have widely used "(ay)rel arusikx" for film/video, so eyktan relä arusikx or ngopyu relä arusikx seems acceptable.

Ha, Ngaru livu kintrr a'o' ulte Nawma Sa'nok ngahu frakrr! Enjoy your week!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì Blue Elf
Quote from: Blue Elf on November 21, 2012, 03:11:04 PM
QuoteMy try:
Director = Eyktan relä nìtut
We have widely used "(ay)rel arusikx" for film/video, so eyktan relä arusikx or ngopyu relä arusikx seems acceptable.

Ha, Ngaru livu kintrr a'o' ulte Nawma Sa'nok ngahu frakrr! Enjoy your week!
First: I forgot that a word exist for that. :-[
Second: Eyktan relä arusikx / Ngopyu relä arusikx sounds very good :D

Irayo!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tanri

Kaltxì ma Pxia Säsngap, ulte zola'u nìprrte' fìlì'ukìngmì!
Eltur tìtxen si - ngal ftxoley ngeyä tstxo fìfya, hufwa ke sunu ngar fu keng ve'kì zizet. Tsalsungay tstxo ngeyä lor lu. :)
Toitslanmì a olo' tsawl sì txur leiu, ulte omum oel futa layu ultxa mì vospxì amrr zìsìtay. Sìlpey oe tsnì liyevu oeru skxom fte fivrrfen, srefereiey nìprrte'.

Pxesäplltxeri ngeyä, 'en sìyi oe: Ngay, Tsleng, Ngay.
Nga new slivu fyamenarieyktanyu1, ha mesäplltxe alu pum 'awve sì pxeyve skxakep lu ngay. Ngian ke spaw oel futa ngal 'em2 naerit alu nì'Ìnglìsì "Coke". Oe kawkrr ke molay' tsakem sivi, slä zene livu ftxìvä', tì'efumì oeyä. :P :D

Lìyevu ngaru kintrr a kosman sì 'o', ulte Eywa ngahu!

1) lì'u a tsole'a oel mì ayreltsyìp arusikx a pamrelhu leNa'vi
2) munea *"krrvi" lu krr nìhawng fte ke livu txawew nì'aw.
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Palulukanä Tarontu

Congratulations ;)

You can never know everything, there were things I didn't know yet. Nice written answers.
To your 3 statements:

1. true
2. false Don't you like other beverages do you?
3. true This sounds like hard work
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

Yaknun

Congratulations of becoming Na'vi of the week  ;)

Your answers was very interest - irayo  :D

I wish you much good times here in this nice forum.

To your 3 statements I think no / yes / yes
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Plumps

Well deserved, I say :)

Congratulations for being NotW ;)

I'd also say: thanks for being here. The German community wouldn't be the same without your enthusiasm, your crazy and adorable laughing fits ;D and the creativity and help you give us.

Enjoy your week of honour! :)

Mako

Wow, we're up to 123 already? (Nice number btdubs)

I'm going to go with T/T/F, and I completely agree with you on the whole wolves thing. It's my spirit animal, no doubt.

Pxia Säsngap

Hey my friends,

today is the day of truth. :) I will now tell you what would have been the correct answers for the three statements. :)

But at first I want to thank you for all your answers, guesses, thoughts and congratulations. :)

Ma Hifkey'Tìranyu, you don't have to post it in any forum, I know, that now you would say something different from back then. But thank you  :-* And yes, I forgot the bats as well as gorillas XD

Ma Plumps, thank you for those kind words. :P I must confess that I was somewhat speechless when I read it. Thank you :)

Ma Tanri: Tewti! You wrote everything in Na'vi. Took me a while to understand it completely, but be sure I've honoured your effort by translating it myself and only checking if I understood everything afterwards. ;)

Also I want to thank for your thoughts how to say film director nìNa'vi. :P I knew of rel arusikx and I would have gone with ngopyu relä arusikx myself. (thx Blue Elf) But in German we  have only one word which names that profession. In English you need to say film director, to make it clear, which kind of director you mean. But German language has got one single word to name it which is "Regisseur" and I like that :) That was my thought by telling you I would like to have one special word for film director. Of course I can describe it and most people will understand I guess, but I like the thought of having one single special word for it. :) :P

Okay, here are the correct answers. I was very surprised only one person has guessed correctly. :) And I was even more surprised that this person has never met me, either has talked to me even once. So congratulations Yaknun. :P

1. incorrect. I love to write stories but I hate to write fanfictions because I would never give up the control of inventing a world myself. ;D :D ;D :D ;D When I wite I always imagine completely new worlds or characters, so I never write fanfictions.  -- Well I thought that would be the easiest answer, because I guess if I had written and published a fanfiction, you would have been the first to know, here in our forum. ;)

2. correct. I tried it once in my childhood and I still like it. I don't drink Coke often, but when I do it has to be really cold or hot, but never lukewarm ;)

3. correct. That is one part of my way to be crazy and creative. I love to plan and organize and I love to imagine characters and also I love to think about school systems and stuff. It is something I'm very proud of and as much as I loved creating it, I loved sorting it into files. ;D :D ;D :D ;D I love files! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Okay, I guess these three things will characterize me much better than any standard characterization you'd write in school, so I think they were just the best statements to choose.

I will close this thread tomorrow about 7pm GMT. If you've got any thoughts you want to share about what I now told you, please feel free to add them until tomorrow in the evening. :)
Eywa ayngahu

Pxia Säsngap

Thanks again :)

I will close this thread now.
:P

It was great to have been Na'vi of the Week ;D :D ;D :D ;D I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. :)
Eywa ayngahu