NotW #122: Palulukan Makto

Started by Palulukan Maktoyu, November 14, 2012, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

I am Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean ( Blue skin Palulukan Rider ) people call me Palu for short.
Originally from the USA, grew up in Florida , moved to the United Kingdom however in 2004 to be with my lovely wife.
I speak mainly english, but am getting better at speaking Na'vi. I'm a technical advisor by trade =)

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

I found the Learn Na'vi forum over a year ago, I was on a number of forums at the time, including but not limited to Tree

of Souls as well. but I found alot of good learning material here that i hadn't found on the others.
I fell in love with the Na'vi language while watching the original release of the film. is was soft and almost angelic.

seemed a very peaceful language.
I found this site during my search's about the movie and the language
Amount of time, it's becoming more then it waas, as things have evolved to a state where i'm learning more and more.
I have dedicated more time to it as well tbh. i do at least check the forums once at least a day now, sometimes more. just

to see what's going on.
and even more so now that i've taken up running the minecraft servers

Pandora is the ideal world. the only thing I can say here is, meoauniaea.....
and as someone who has over my life found interest in Reiki Pandora is the best example of it in material form.

Neytiri has always been my favorite humanoid form character, and Palulukan my favorite animal character. They both

represent the best of Pandora. Neytiri for her ability to adapt to change, to be able to show someone the hard things in a

stern but understanding manor. Palulukan as it represent nature's ability to maintain a balance, as for every good thing

in life there will be an equal amount of unrestrained anger. Yet that anger under the right times will do great good.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
Avatar the game. I created it whilst riding my favorite tsmukan..

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Why learn: It's a fantastic language, and has so much promise. And over the time i've started my journey I've found people

from all cultures, nationality's, and backgrounds that are some of the finest people i know.
Alot of which i've truely come to think of as Oeyä Aysmukan sì Aysmuké, antx not ìust fellow learners of Na'vi.
This above all else is precious to me.

Ultimate goal: I want to get to that same stage that I can understand
TireaAean and Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì when they are speaking at some of the most fluent speeds i've heard.

Tools: many many pdf's downloaded from here hahah, MEMRISE! Teamspeak and IRC with other's.
   and dict-navi.com for quick lookups if i'm too lazy to grab the dictionary pdf, or one of my phones with the

learnnavi mobile app

I must say some quick kudo's to just a few of those I kinda see as Karyu
TireaAean for creating and starting to maintain a new Memrise course that literaly has made WORLDS of difference in my

ability to learn Na'vi vocabulary. Answering Questions i've had, his EASY to understand blog concerning grammer. and his

continuing effort to help and for being an awesome inspirational person.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì, for the few lesson's he's given me, the blog as well that he's started about grammer ( never

can have too many of these ) for also being an awesome inspirational person

Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'atite: For her amazing ability to break things down regarding Na'vi, her understanding when people

get frustrated.

And finally Omängum Fra'uti for his awesome recording's that he does for the Na'vi WOTD site along with Puvomun for

maintining the site.  
[Sorry but these just needed saying as they have all made a tangable impact on my ability to learn the na'vi language]

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others)

into your everyday vocab?
Favorite word currently: 'Rrpxom (Thunder) it just SOUNDS awesome
do i use it? yes when i can

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on

the LN website?

1. Technically the whole site as far as I'm concerned, So much that i rarely visit any of the others i still have logins

for

2. Dictionary & Na'vi in a Nutshell ( almost hate to admit this and those that know me directly know why)
3. Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi A Reference Grammar of Na'vi ( while i don't always understand some of it, i have found answers

to questions in it )

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're

particularly proud of?
Yes:
I donated to the cost of the new server ( as did many others ) this place is like a home. and it's members to me like

family.
I am now helping maintain the minecraft servers
I've in PART got started along with permission and help even from Kaltxìì Palulukan to try and update and correct his one

book. It's kinda an ongoing at this time as hit a big challenge and me and a few others are trying to figure the best way

to accomplish the challenge

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

Liked: this is always the hardest question. as from the technical side i loved the way the movie was rendered and the

technology behind it. But I fell in love with it because of the underlying story, the characters, Pandora and what it

represents.

Number of times watched: stopped counting after about 30 something

Avatard: Oh yes. I went to work as a na'vi for halloween one year. ( interestingly at least 2 people knew why ) and yes

letting my hair grow was a factor in part induced in part by this movie, as it helped me connect with the aspect that true

family accept you for who you are, not what you look like

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Changed my life: Yes in many ways. too many to list but above answers kind of give a good understanding
Extent: yes hair now grows long and most of the time have it braided.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language

related questions what would they be?
A question really for Karyu Pawl: Will there ever be a structured scholastic style book written to help learn Na'vi?

Can't think of any word requests at moment but i'm sure that will happen eventually

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Freetime:
hrmm well I love video games mainly on the PC. I play minecraft and Avatar the Game, as well as a number of others.
I love messing around with operating systems especially linux/unix/bsd etc.
The occasional electronics project. ( love my Raspberry Pi computer which idle's in the Learnnavi IRC )

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to

least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Ok tough question cause I love all animals equally

but if i was given the oppertunaty and ability to have one or more in my life on a day to day basis

Lion: King of the cats as per say. in many places a symbol of wisdom, and pride.

Dogs: they understand you when your at your best and when your at your worst and just are always happy that you came home

safe.

Elephant: Known by most as the symbol of great memory and long life.

afraid of: tough call but i'd say crocodile or most poison snakes that are hard to see ( list too long for that one )

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Ninja: they train in disciplin, they have a code of honor, and they are only seen when they want to be.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

A bow, a flint, and piece of steel file with 1 edge sharpened as a blade.

If your on an island with no possible escape. those 3 things can lead to food, fire, shelter.
all a person can need. I've always said this
If you have food in your belly, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head. Be happy as there are those that have

none of these things

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including

fictional universes), where would you go and why?
I would seriously say Pandora. It's a new world, and the Na'vi way of life is appealing.
even though I have a love for technology and rely on it. Life being as simple and loving as it is there would be a nice

welcome change especially with people like the Na'vi as your family

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
my wish:To have 2 additional wish's

1. The ability to heal people's disability's and sickness
2. The ability to Learn Language's regardless of where they come from with ease.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Question:What is Reiki that you mentioned before
Answer: I'll answer that with the Brief overview from reiki.org
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by

"laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be

alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are

more capable of being happy and healthy.
( can any of you see the connection i saw between Reiki and Eywa? )

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1. The picture of me that a few have seen show my fangs which are real.
2. My hair in scale is as long as the Na'vi
3. I name my pc's and things with Na'vi words

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most

embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I'll go for funniest:

Word: snatìrìpll
Seen: in this forum

Me and a handful of other fellow na'vi learners that frequent the Teamspeak/IRC was trying to translate it from the Na'vi

only forum. it took us awhile. TireaAean just sent us into epic Lulz saying it looks like SnotRipple.
in the end we worked it out as "Group of Tribbles" yes those little cute fur balls from Star Trek.
you'd have to read the thread it came from to figure this out.

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question...
Question #20 in your post: "Why did you choose to learn Na'vi, as opposed to Klingon, Elvish, or another fantasy

language?"

Well Na'vi sounded nicer then any of the other constructed languages i've heard over the years.
and While Elvish is interesting as I liked the LOTR books/movie/etc it just didn't feel as good as Na'vi does to me.
And Klingon is very what i call harsh on the speaker.

Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tirea Aean

:D Seykxel sì nitram ma tsmukan!

guesses on 18:

True; False; True?

Fwewyu Tìomumä

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Palu!

Have an awesome week. It was cool getting to know you through your post!

I guess:
1. False/Tsleng
2. True/Ngay
3. True/Ngay
Oel ke nì'awtu frakrr lu.

Tìtstewan

Seykxel sì nitram ma Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean!

T/F:
1. true/ngay
2. false/tsleng
3. true/ngay
:-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Kintrrìri ngeyä seykxel sì nitram! Nawma Sa'nok ngar lrrtok sivi frakrr :)
QuoteI've in PART got started along with permission and help even from Kaltxì Palulukan to try and update and correct his one book.
It would be great to correct it - and even create another parts!
QuoteExtent: yes hair now grows long and most of the time have it braided.
Oh man, how I'd like to have long braided hair too! But it's impossible, I'm curly..... maybe in another life
QuoteA question really for Karyu Pawl: Will there ever be a structured scholastic style book written to help learn Na'vi?
I'm afraid we can answer it by Kehe... (but maybe we can be surprised pleasant way..)

Säplltxeri alu ngay/tsleng:
1. The picture of me that a few have seen show my fangs which are real.
Didn't seen that picture, so throwing coin into air....... ngay!
2. My hair in scale is as long as the Na'vi
Hmm, don't believe, tsleng
3. I name my pc's and things with Na'vi words
Ngay! My notebook is named Pandora too ;D

Have a nice week, and other ones too!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tanri

Seykxel sì nitram!
Thank you for pulling away the veil a little, for revealing a piece of you to all of us.
Have a pleasant and interesting week! (of course, not only limited to this particular one ;D)

I'll guess: False, True, True

..antx not ìust fellow learners of Na'vi.. - I share the same diagnosis, a Kxwerty syndrome.
But it's not mortal and even makes me laugh sometimes, so I used to live with it. :D
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Tirea Aean

Kxwerty!! Hehehe! O I love seeing kxwerty syndrome. I love all my kxwerty (and vrrtepcli) users. <3 :)

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tanri on November 16, 2012, 01:07:47 PM
Seykxel sì nitram!
Thank you for pulling away the veil a little, for revealing a piece of you to all of us.
Have a pleasant and interesting week! (of course, not only limited to this particular one ;D)

I'll guess: False, True, True

..antx not ìust fellow learners of Na'vi.. - I share the same diagnosis, a Kxwerty syndrome.
But it's not mortal and even makes me laugh sometimes, so I used to live with it. :D

HRH! well i'd like to think that was intentional but it wasn't i do that alot. and i'll me glad on the day where i can just leave it turned on and make sense cause it will not include any 'ìnglìsì =)

Palulukan Maktoyu

This has been an interesting experience.
Answers to question 18:

1: False ( they are actually veneer's) hrh
2. False ( getting there but is in progress as is now about halfway down my back)
3. TRUE! ( Main PC: Kelutral, Hyper-v server:Win_vrrtep, Laptop: Vola_Kenten , Ipod nano: Zizi' , iMac g4: Fkio, just to name a few )

It has been hard also trying to find someone to follow. And getting reply's harder. But best week to the successor!