NotW #124: Wiesel

Started by Wiesel, November 28, 2012, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiesel

Kaltxì ma eylan

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

Hello i am Weasel, at least that's my nickname since, wow a lot of years have passed.
Why Weasel? I don't know i got it when i was around 12 years old.
Now i am 30 years young but i feel like 25 and who cares... birthdays aren't important for me, they are just days as everyday.
My home and my castle is now between Munic and Nürnberg in the center of Bavaria, Germany. You all know its the land of Pxìr ;)
Before that i have lived in several parts of Germany, originally i am from the Baltic sea coast in North-Germany, close to Denmark.
I am speaking german and english and never felt like learning any more languages. Languages are just a way to communicate in my opinion... and english is enough.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

I felt in love with the Na'vi and Pandora after watching the movie in the cinema once, then twice, three times, ... "insert a random number > 30 here".

I have found this board on the web after i have read in a newspaper that the language was created only for the movie.
That reminded me about the Klingon language and i was sure there must be already something like a community! such a great one :)
My favourite character is Jake!
His story touched my heart also he being a complete moron while learning to become a Na'vi were my favourite scenes.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My profile picture was taken on our first german meetup, it was also my first cosplay try ever.
I like it and it reminds me at a great time and fun group of crazy people ;)
Like i said in question one "Weasel" is my nickname, i like it more than my real name and it reminds me at being small fast nice and cute. Do you want a hug? :)

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Srane, but well i started to learn it but stopped at some point after a year of learning. I can understand the most but writing is hard i have forgotten lots of words.
My goal is to understand the Na'vi sentences of Avatar II while watching the movie for the first time. So i bet i will start learning again soon.
I did not convert any friends outside this board but i use some words sometimes when i feel like it ;)

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

PELUN!
Do you remember the most famous word of all annoying kids? I love it :)
Why is the banana yellow, why is the red light on the traffic light on top and the green on bottom, why does the cat has a long tail... absolutely great!
pelun is the only word you need to know, to drive others crazy if they understands it and if not then its also funny :D

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

1) The dictionary, what would we be without it?
2) Na'vi in the nutshell, best and most helpful documentation about Na'vi
3) Ngaynume, i had a lot of fun on the first season, to bad it did not continue like it was in the first season.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

Well, i did not make any contributions to the community in form of posts docs or other stuff about learning the language but i made a lot of photos on our German meet ups.
Lots of them are available here on the forum and on facebook. I was on many meet ups and brought to many of you lots of fun and learned alot of new friends and i hope it will continue.
I wasn't on the US meet ups yet mainly because of money and enough free vacation days but never say never ;) May i will come to US too someday.
But all of you are also welcome on our german(european) meet ups, check out our new EuroAvatar sub-board!

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

I like all Pandora Scenes the environment and animals also the learning curve of Jake.
"hated" is a bit to harsh but the love scene and some boring scenes in Hellsgate could have been shorter. I know i know... this is needed in a movie but it could have been shorter  8)

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Look at my picture! i am blue ;)
beside my cosplays i haven't changed much, i loved the nature before and still do it after watching the movie.
But now i am more interested in news and reports about environmental degradation and native banishments. :(

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1) Frommer: How would a Na'vi pronounce "Weasel" ;)
2) Cameron: Where is the unlimited watersource on the flying rocks? i haven't seen much rain up there!
3) Both: How would you describe each other? how was the work together?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

Road cycling, running and swimming. In a normal working week i am running 10km, swimming 2h and driving 200-300km on my roadbike.
During the summer multiple this by 2 or 3 ;) But i also like watching movies in my small home cinema :)
Oh yea and during the winter i am regularly watching my local professional ice hockey team live.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1) Weasel, pelun?  ;D ;D ;D
2) Panthers, Tigers, Lions but no home cats!
3) Eagles and Hawks, great birds are just majestic and beautiful!

Most terrified: Snakes!

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Spiderman! those abilities would be fine :)

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1) a rope, you always need a rope!
2) a good friend, does it count against a desert island?
3) think about a wonderful item and insert it <here>  :-*

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Pandora, without even thinking a second about it! come one give me a link system to connect to my Avatar!
There isn't any more beautiful place as Pandora.

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Peace and stop of all environmental destruction on our own monther.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

I am asking myself the following question several times a year and i still don't understand the answer...
Q: Why are you standing up at 4 o'clock on a sunday morning to ride your road bike for 10h up and down the mountains?
A: because its fun to torture yourself that way!

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

1. When i was twelve i developed a woodcutting machine to fell a dirty tree in my parents garden.
2. In one of my holidays i was in spain and drunk Chinese beer on the beach.
3. When i was in the primary school i wrote short stories about small creatures called "Meerkats"

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Its funny to go as a cosplay Na'vi into a normal supermarket and on a village fair... yea real meet-ups are fun ;)

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionWhat would be the general story if you could produce the Avatar sequel?

Well Jake and Neytiri are rebuilding the school and the last scientists learning more about Pandoras environment. One of the other Na'vi tribes wants to stop the science and starting attacks. The conflict is escalating and many humans are dieing. Jake doesn't know how to react right because nobody is destroying any environment in his opinion and Neytiri gets angry about Jake. The warleader of the attacking tribe convinces Neytiri about their ideology and she lefts Jake and her tribe. After bloody conflicts over a long period of time Jake and Neytiri gets hurt in a huge battle. Neytiri finds Jake badly hurt but she helps him and all are questioning their self, how this could be escalate so much without having an external aggressor...

Thanks for being your Na'vi Of The Week!  :D :D
I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, ma Wiesel!

The "hard" True/False section:
Quote from: Wiesel on November 28, 2012, 04:13:40 PM

1. When i was twelve i developed a woodcutting machine to fell a dirty tree in my parents garden.
Hmm, in my childhood I had done things. I think...
tsleng/false

Chinense beer in Spain?! But...
ngay/true

3. When i was in the primary school i wrote short stories about small creatures called "Meerkats"
Why not?
ngay/true

So have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Pxia Säsngap

and it reminds me at being small fast nice and cute. Do you want a hug? :)
[/font][/color][/size]

TEWTI!!! I want a hug! Over here! Me!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

PELUN!
Do you remember the most famous word of all annoying kids? I love it :)
Why is the banana yellow, why is the red light on the traffic light on top and the green on bottom, why does the cat has a long tail... absolutely great!
pelun is the only word you need to know, to drive others crazy if they understands it and if not then its also funny :D

O-M-G   I remember that! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

3) Both: How would you describe each other? how was the work together?

What a great question. Why didn't I ask that one? :P

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

O-M-G, I really don't know. My guesses:
1. true, because you didn't say it worked, which I truly doubt.
2. false, because it is not weird enough ;D :D ;D :D ;D and
3. true. I believe that. I did similar things in primary school. :P

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Its funny to go as a cosplay Na'vi into a normal supermarket and on a village fair... yea real meet-ups are fun ;)

Yes, I love that as well! Such funny moments and those faces. I love those faces ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionWhat would be the general story if you could produce the Avatar sequel?

Well Jake and Neytiri are rebuilding the school and the last scientists learning more about Pandoras environment. One of the other Na'vi tribes wants to stop the science and starting attacks. The conflict is escalating and many humans are dieing. Jake doesn't know how to react right because nobody is destroying any environment in his opinion and Neytiri gets angry about Jake. The warleader of the attacking tribe convinces Neytiri about their ideology and she lefts Jake and her tribe. After bloody conflicts over a long period of time Jake and Neytiri gets hurt in a huge battle. Neytiri finds Jake badly hurt but she helps him and all are questioning their self, how this could be escalate so much without having an external aggressor...

Wow, nice one. :) I didn't imagine such a dramatic story when I told you what my question to you would be. :) But very well done! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Thanks for being your Na'vi Of The Week!  :D :D

Kea tìkin. :) I hope you enjoy your week in here. :)
I liked reading your answers very much ma 'eylan. :P
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Yaknun

Kaltxi ma tsmukan Wiesel  :D

Congratulation for NotW. I wish you lot of visitors with good comments    ;) ;) ;)

For your Questions I think true/true/false is ok.

ta
Yaknun
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Palulukanä Tarontu

Congratulations ma Wiesel ;)

Your answer to the bonus question sounds good, maybe there will be some parts of it in the next movies:D

To your questions:

1. true
2. false
3. true

Have a nice week as NotW;)
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

Blue Elf

oh, week goes to its end and I missed another Notw, what a shame :D
Seykxel sì nitram, ma Wiesel!
QuotePELUN!
Do you remember the most famous word of all annoying kids? I love it
Yes, I remember... as my daughters are just in age of asking about everything. ;D Even school can not solve this problem.
Quote2) Cameron: Where is the unlimited watersource on the flying rocks? i haven't seen much rain up there!
Well, this question stroked me on many times. This should be explained really well!

As for T/F statements... I can just guess:
Quote1. When i was twelve i developed a woodcutting machine to fell a dirty tree in my parents garden.
Ngay. I believe you developed it, but I'm quite sure it didn't work :)
Quote2. In one of my holidays i was in spain and drunk Chinese beer on the beach.
It doesn't look unbelievable, although I didn't taste Chinese beer - so it is hard to decide. Tsleng?
Quote3. When i was in the primary school i wrote short stories about small creatures called "Meerkats"
'en si oe ngay. Tam.

I hope you had a nice week and the following ones will be the same!
Eywa ngahu.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Plumps

Late to the party but better late than never ;)

Congrats to being Na'vi of the Week, ma Wiesel.
Your weather predictions for any meet up are always soooo correct :P ... we wouldn't know what to pack without you ;)

Hope to see you again soon. :D

Tanri

Seykxel sì nitram ma Wiesel!

Pelun? Pelun? HRH ;D
Mi oel sar fìtìpawmit tengkrr fko new futa oe tìkangkemo sivi a tsari oel fpìl futa ke lu kea tìkin. Nìpxi txo tsatìkangkem lu nì'Ìnglìsì "bureaucracy".
Ulte pxìm oel tel nì'aw teyngta san "Talun!"

Fpìl oel futa ngeyä pxesäplltxe nìwotx lu ngay. :)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Wiesel

PELUN?!

Why is the week already over?  :'(

Thanks all! :)

I see nobody had all right  ;D

The correct answers were false/false/true :)

btw. I developed alot machines and created lots of funny machines but not a woodcutting one!
so this is maybe a half true  8)

See yea on a meet-up!   :D

I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...