NotW #125: Kifkeyä Nari

Started by Kifkeyä Nari, December 08, 2012, 07:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kifkeyä Nari

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?

My Earth name is Zoltán Batiz. I'm 35 years old, live in Hungary. I work in telecommunication as a designer/developer. For some time my main hobby has been related to Avatar, with cosplay and making props in the center.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?

Watching the Film I was curious whether the Na'vi's language was real or just guff. Searching the net I have found this forum. Very soon I became the supporter of the dictionary's Hungarian version. 

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My profile picture is tìngay mungeyu's work.
My name refers to the great storm of Polyphemus, as watching Pandora like a huge eye.
Originally I use the name "World-Soft" at forums, but "soft" was changed because I couldn't find an equivalent. 

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

I'm inspired by my mate, but I am still in my infancy as regard Na'vi language. One day I will keep up. Until then I'm trying to stay close to it by updating the Na'vi-Hungarian dictionary.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

One of my first and favorite words was "trr", because I could remember it. Since then it is "kehe", which I use regularly. Maybe a little bit too often. (As my daughter will say: "Is everything KEHE?" )

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

1. Learnnavi.org itself, especially the forum.
2. The Na'vi dictionary.
3. The learning topic made by P.A.'li makto in the Hungarian section; it helped a lot of people learn.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I'm glad to take part in the dictionary's upkeeping. Besides I have made the Hungarian-Na'vi expanded keyboard layout. I've been in minor – major jobs, mainly technically. The last one so far was making a video with my mate in which we collected the Na'vi speaking parts of the Film for learning purposes. (Unfortunately the Fox's stuff did not accept it as an "educational purpose".)

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

For me Avatar was a unique experience. Not only because I saw it in IMAX, but it was my first IMAX. Maybe that was reason why it had got a hold on me. I liked the story. What I did not like: so many things were deleted, what would have made the story more complex. That's why I was so happy when the expanded version came up.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

Yes. I've found many friends here, and I attend the forum every day. But the most important is that I met my mate here at the forum, and now we live happily ever after... In 2011 we started  cosplaying as "the Na'vi Family"; we always cosplay Na'vi people only. But the greatest thing is: this "Family" now became a real one.

Facebook page:soaia leNa'vi [A Na'vi család] (Cosplay)
(http://www.facebook.com/navicsalad)

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Frommer: As regarding the series has he got any requests? If yes, only about Na'vi language or other languages for other aliens? Cameron: What should I do to be there at the next part's shooting as a "walk-on" (if only for a second or two)?  Cameron/Landau: May I get access to the inner material of the Film so that I'll be able to make any props or clothes as authentically as possible?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?

For years most of my free time's been spent with Avatar. With my family I'm always making some Avatar clothes or prop. As time is passing we start making more and more complex things for which we get help from more and more people. Several times forum members have helped us by a picture or a good remark. And there are a couple of companies too supporting us by giving something to us for free or cheaper. (I think of the silicone, paints, prints, etc.) Last time for Moat's beaded gown we got some pics from Lightstorm Entertainment Inc.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

I'm not afraid of animals (although I wouldn't like to get close to a lethal, venomous animal).  My favorites are cats; I have a sweet one at home, she's been with me for many years and I love her very much. And I also have a Pandoran animal in my profile picture, its name is "Pxatsì" (originated from the Hungarian "paci" meaning "horsie").

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

I would be a Na'vi hunter able to fly his ikran day by day.

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

Electricity, a computer and internet = forum.learnnavi.org

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

Two things: to the future (I'm interested in what kind of technology there will be), and if there, to Pandora (theoretically we can go there too).

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Travel to space (not with today's technology but like in scfi-fis; comfortably and far). I'd like to see the world. And if I met Pandora and it was like we saw it on the screen then to live there as a Na'vi.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

How could I be more cuccesful in life? If only I knew...

Quote from: Question #18True or false?

- I have seen Avatar in IMAX, Real 3D and 2D-ben.
- This summer I built a garden pond for us.
- I have a tortoise friend now.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

This summer we had a cosplay outing in Budapest's streets. I happened to travel alone by tram and underground. People were even more shocked seeing me alone than when they saw the whole group together; what is this Na'vi doing in the underground or the tram? 

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionWhat is the most interesting requisite or animal/Na'vi that you would like to have recreated or cosplayed in real?

There are more than one. I'd like to cosplay Eytukan, to match my mate who cosplays Mo'at nowadays. It is a challenge to make his clothes and his big bow too. And on the other hand: I'd like to prepare that piece of unobtanium in Selfridge's office, to have my own floating rock. I've just got the ingredients...

Tìtstewan

Seykxel si nitram, ma Kifkeyä Nari

Have a nice and a wonderful week as NotW!

True/False:
Quote from: Kifkeyä Nari on December 08, 2012, 07:22:04 AM
Why not?
ngay/true

Sounds good.
ngay/true

I think yes.
ngay/true

...I think everything is true ;D

- ta Tìtstewan

Edit: My English grammar...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Seykxel si nitram, ma Kifkeyä Nari!
Zola'u nìprrte' fìtsenge!.
Nice to see here someone from the place near to center of Europe and so skillful person! I like all Avatar related things you are creating with P.A.'li makto.
QuoteI'd like to prepare that piece of unobtanium in Selfridge's office, to have my own floating rock. I've just got the ingredients...
So, it will really float? I can guess how you do it, but I'd like to see it by my own eyes (I hope you create video)

Regarding T/F statements
Quote- I have seen Avatar in IMAX, Real 3D and 2D-ben.
True - you mentioned this in yor post :)
Quote- This summer I built a garden pond for us.
Guess true (is it similar to some lake on Pandora? :))
Quote- I have a tortoise friend now.
As you didn't indicate that tortoise is your favorite animal, I guess false.

So, have pleasant week as a Na'vi leader and be successful with another Avatar related creations!
Eywa ngahu.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Hawnuyu atxen

Seykxel si nitram, ma Kif!

As I put it on the Hungarian boards: another crazy spammer from our ranks!

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

This summer we had a cosplay outing in Budapest's streets. I happened to travel alone by tram and underground. People were even more shocked seeing me alone than when they saw the whole group together; what is this Na'vi doing in the underground or the tram? 

Oooooh, I still remember that one time from when you still were a beginner in cosplaying, and there you were, with your... umm... that piece wich you use to keep your tswin in place -dunno how to call it- on the subway, and some guy thought you were some kind of a saman ;D
Okay, okay, guess being alone in full na'vi gear does beat that one, but still :D

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I'm glad to take part in the dictionary's upkeeping. Besides I have made the Hungarian-Na'vi expanded keyboard layout. I've been in minor – major jobs, mainly technically. The last one so far was making a video with my mate in which we collected the Na'vi speaking parts of the Film for learning purposes. (Unfortunately the Fox's stuff did not accept it as an "educational purpose".)

Just to note, he's one of the bests in keeping the atmosphere for us (those craftmanship pieces and ideas), I wouldn't dare trying to count how many projects he made for our little clan, and, well, he's the reason I don't know where to look at for the "ä" and "ì" icons if I'm not home ;D
(true story, though back then they might not have yet existed, ctrl+c - ctrl+v was it)

Okay, this is a hard one for me too :D
I'd say... ngay / tsleng / ngay, guess I'll have too see if I'm right at the end of the week like everyone else.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 08, 2012, 10:44:10 PM

Sorry, can't resist this one: "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung."
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on December 11, 2012, 12:47:31 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 08, 2012, 10:44:10 PM

Sorry, can't resist this one: "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung."
Tìyawr ngaru.
I just mean that. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tanri

Congratulations, Kifkeyä Nari!
I heard and said the phrase "Na'vi family" few times, but now I see what does it mean literally. Tewti!
Soaia, olo', atxkxe, kifkey... Eywa'eveng. Everything begins with family and everything is family :)

Quote- I have seen Avatar in IMAX, Real 3D and 2D-ben.
What is "2D-ben"? Anyway, I cannot imagine anyone from this forum to not see Avatar in all possible ways, so first one must be true.
Something whispers to me that third statement can be true too, but the second one is pure guess.
I'll go with True, False, True.

Have a nice and enjoying week!
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

P.A.'li makto

:-\   Hmmm... let me think...  :-\
Okay. I don't want to spoil the party. Won't guess.  :)

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Kifkeyä Nari

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 10, 2012, 04:03:00 AM
So, it will really float? I can guess how you do it, but I'd like to see it by my own eyes (I hope you create video)

[smg id=4664 type=av]

Blue Elf

Great! First time I thought it is conch or shell on the lid of casserole, but it really floats! Congratulation!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

silpey

K.N.: "My favorites are cats"

My man!!!  :) Have whole wolfpack of those at home :)

Levitating shell: Excellent work!
Hope: The last weapon against all evils, unleashed by Pandora from the box.

Human No More

Congratulations :)

What sort of design do you do around telecommunications? Sounds interesting.

Ng/Ng/Ng.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Kifkeyä Nari

Don't misunderstand me: the floating unit wasn't made by me. I got it from a Chinese company (it cannot be bought in Europe). This is a starting point. I must make that piece of Unobtainium around the magnet, then put an RDA logo onto te base, and make some more smaller alterations...

What do I do around telecommunications?
I make supports for mobiles and phones. Mobil/WEB pages, IVR Callcenters, SMS apps, set tests, Facebook apps, etc.
Presently I'm dealing with VOIP, and I rewrite a big system to Asterisk.

Raiden

What species of tortoise?

I keep a ton of reptiles and amphibians; it's a really fun hobby.

I even bred my newts this year. I have little larvae swimming around  in an aquarium.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Yaknun

Seykxel si nitram, ma Kifkeyä Nari  :D

I hope this week was good for you  ;)

For the three questions I think it is no / yes / yes  ;D

Have good time in this fine forum

Kiyevame
ta Yaknun
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Kifkeyä Nari

Thanks all of you for the questions and comments.
I had a very good time, and I'm happy about your being interested in my Na'vi family's doings...

The solution for the true/false part: true,true,true.
Some notes:
-Sorry for the "2D-ben": it is Hungarian, and means "in 2D".
-The tortoise is a Greek one (Testudo hermanni) and my mate owns it.

Now I give way to the next NotW, I hope he's ready...

Kiyevame.
Kif