LearnNavi Community > Na'vi of the Week

NotW #128: Hontor

(1/3) > >>

Hontor:
Hello! I apologize if the topic started a little earlier. I soon go to sleep and I can delay queue. My predecessor has already closed its theme)

--- Quote from: Question #1 ---Who are you?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerTell us about yourself! Where are you coming from, what languages do you speak, what do you do, how old are you, tell us a few words about your family, work etc. This is the job interview part. :DI'm 27 years old. I live in Russia (Krasndar region), in the countryside.
I speak only in Russian. Know a little German and English, but too bad to communicate without an electronic translator.
I work as an artist and sculptor. Doing things handmade. I like fantasy and animals, so I have been working in these genres.
Also I design worlds). This does not quite work (I do not get money for it usually), but it's the work that I feel obligated to do. And I just love it. Unfortunately, all the finished text is in Russian only. But a lot of illustrations. Some of the images in this thread: http://forum.learnnavi.org/am/eaa-m-otoee-oe-moe-toeto/

--- Quote from: Question #2 ---Why are you here?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerWhat brought you here to the Learn Na’vi forum in the first place? Did you fall in love with the language? With Pandora? With a character? Did someone invite you? Or did you stumble upon this site? Once here, why did you decide to stay? How much time do you spend here every day?I saw a link to a forum in the statistics of my site. And went to look. Link gave Eana Unil, thank him for it.) I stayed because I like "Avatar" so far, I forward to continuing, and want to communicate with like-minded people. Also, I sometimes draw fanart for Avatar and do figures. And I can show it here.

--- Quote from: Question #3 ---Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerDo they have a special significance? Is you alias a translation of your real name, or just a bunch of random letters thrown together? Is that you on your profile pic?Hontor - my creative pseudonym. It just happened. In the language of Luarill it means "dragon", although I do not consider myself to be dragon. Hontoriel - also the creator of the entire system Created Worlds and Luarill. But I no associate myself with my character. Although a certain kinship remain, of course.
Avatar done with my drawing. It depicts Harro. He is the character from Created Worlds. Here he is in the form of hayn. This is a intellectual species of my worlds. Of their worldview, they are somewhat similar to the Na'vi. They share their ideas about the unity of all life. And they have even roughly the equivalent of Eywa. But Eywa on Pandora is the web of plants, and on Esvarra is the web of animal-telepaths.
Fully drawing looks like. For the train window is visible Luarill landscape.

--- Quote from: Question #4 ---Srak nga tsun nìna’vi pivlltxe?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerHow well? Why did you start to learn it? What is your ultimate goal with the language? Do you have specific methods/tools you use in learning the language? How did your friends, family, or colleagues react to your interest in learning Na’vi? Have you told them at all? Have you converted any of them?Unfortunately, no. I did not have the patience to learn foreign languages. Sometimes I regret it.

--- Quote from: Question #5 ---What's you favorite Na’vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
--- End quote ---
skxawng

--- Quote from: Question #6 ---In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerAnything from the main site, the wiki, or the forum including language docs, threads, quotes, literary works, images, etc.I do not know, I'm new to the forum. Perhaps, it general discussion, the language Navi and flood?

--- Quote from: Question #7 ---Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerWhat made you make those? Do you plan on contributing (again) in the future? How?I find it hard to communicate in English, so I almost did not take part in the discussions. I hope my fan art for "Avatar" can be considered a small contribution) This can be seen here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/fan-art/my-lovely-pandora/

--- Quote from: Question #8 ---What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerHow many times have you seen it? How big of an Avatard are you? Prove it! :DI seen Avatar three times in cinema and a lot on the computer. I seen the same only "Star Wars" as a child almost every day.
I like the most the fauna and flora of Pandora.

--- Quote from: Question #9 ---Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerAre you trying to become a Na’vi? How and to what extent? Do you live on a tree? Do you wear your hair in a long braid? Or are you just simply blue? Do you bond with animals? Is Gaia on your contact list? Did you have your photo 'shopped?I am in real life is not like Navi) I'm afraid I would not be taken root in their society. Although they are very nice to me. My work is related to a sedentary lifestyle, but I do not feel it a burden. I really enjoy my studies here on Earth. But if I had a lot of lives, not just one, I'd have spent some on Pandora!)

--- Quote from: Question #10 ---If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerYou can make requests specific words/expressions too.Most of all, I have a question to Cameron
1. Despite the commercial success of "Avatar", many saw it as only beautiful picture. But judging by the interviews and the film itself, the film is imbedded a lot of personal, long-simmering. How do you feel about the fact that many viewers simply did not want to look deeper? It hurts you? If so, how did you overcome it?
2. If you had unlimited resources and time, you would have created a documentaries about wildlife Pandora? How much you would be interested in this theme?
3. What a moment in the film in person you most take for the soul?

--- Quote from: Question #11 ---What else do you do in you free time?
--- End quote ---
Job and creativity its for me almost the same thing, so in my spare time I do work )

--- Quote from: Question #12 ---Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
--- End quote ---
Hyenas, leopards, mantis. And all the other)

--- Quote from: Question #13 ---Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerSomething else? Maybe a combo? Exactly what subtype? Why? (For those of you not so versed in trash tropes, this question basically amounts to asking "What superpowers would you like to have?")Werewolf (Were-all). Because I'd like to turn all living beings. Life is so different, and people - only a tiny part.

--- Quote from: Question #14 ---What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerAnything from books, movies, games, instruments, music, sporting equipment, etc. You'd be provided with means to fully utilize the chosen items – electricity, MP3 player, etc. –, but you couldn't use them for anything else. Escape is not possible. :DKnife, gun and hope )

--- Quote from: Question #15 ---If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
--- End quote ---
Everywhere could get. Would have a map of the planets, which is life. And I took a picture of a dinosaurs))

--- Quote from: Question #16 ---If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
--- End quote ---
To my world existed in reality. Then everything else is achievable)

--- Quote from: Question #17 ---What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
--- End quote ---
-What would you like to change in yourself?

--- Quote from: Question #18 ---True or false?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerWrite three statements about yourself, the more extravagant the better. At least one of them must be true. At the end of the week, you'll have to tell which ones were truthful and which made up.I often have dream about my worlds.
Quaritch is my favorite character in Avatar.
I'm vegetarian.

--- Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTR ---What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na’vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
--- End quote ---
SpoilerSomething along the lines of a MLIA short.Funny. Phrases from the movie sometimes very well suited for real life.
Sad. In Russia, are trying to destroy the relic forest (Utrish) to build a summer residence for senior officials. Environmentalists defend the forest from bulldozers. These bulldozers were as yellow and vile, as in the movie. All this was like a scene from "Avatar."

--- Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question ---...
--- End quote ---
SpoilerAsked by the previous NotW.-Which is your favorite world of Created Worlds?
-Luarill. This world came first. Luarill is bit like Pandora. It is the same ambitious and epic. There are many visually spectacular. I would like to see this world in a movie like Pandora. That would be epic, and incredibly beautiful.

PS: And many thanks Eana Yayo for the help. Without him I would not understand)

Vawmataw:
Seykxel sì nitram, ma tsmukan!

T or F?
I often have dream about my worlds. TRUE
Quaritch is my favorite character in Avatar. FALSE
I'm vegetarian. TRUE

--- Quote from: Hontor on January 20, 2013, 12:21:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: Question #5 ---What's your favorite Na’vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
--- End quote ---
skxawng

--- End quote ---
;)

Is this word into your everyday vocabulary?

--- Quote from: Hontor on January 20, 2013, 12:21:52 pm ---I work as an artist and sculptor. Doing things handmade.

--- End quote ---
Are you paid? Do you show them somewhere, like in a museum or in an exposition at community center?

Hontor:

--- Quote ---Is this word into your everyday vocabulary?
--- End quote ---
Yes, sometimes)

--- Quote ---Are you paid? Do you show them somewhere, like in a museum or in an exposition at community center?
--- End quote ---
Yes, it's work and a way to earn a living.
Sometimes I have an exhibition, but many sculptures buy before I can gather works for solo exhibition.

--- Quote ---T or F?
--- End quote ---
Maybe, maybe  ;D

Vawmataw:

--- Quote from: Hontor on January 20, 2013, 12:57:26 pm ---Yes, it's work and a way to earn a living.
Sometimes I have an exhibition, but many sculptures buy before I can gather works for solo exhibition.

--- End quote ---
Good for you.  ;) It's very interesting.

Eanayayo:
Seykxel nitramsì, ma Honor.

I  think, t/f/f

I want to learn, how long is a day in luarill?

--- Quote ---http://forum.learnnavi.org/fan-art/my-lovely-pandora
--- End quote ---
Wow :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version