NotW #129 Zusupa Tanhì

Started by Zusupa Tanhì, January 28, 2013, 05:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zusupa Tanhì

Who am I?

I am Zusupa Tanhì. I'm here in good old Ohio, where it's snowy and sleet-y most of the winter months. It's nice to meet you all :) Besides English, the only language I know much of is American Sign Language. Some Italian, however, has filtered through to me from the Assassin's Creed franchise. My parents are very nice but they're currently under some stress - as those who saw my thread on the matter will know - due to my father's gender changing.

Why am I here?

Such an interesting story! After seeing the Avatar movie I faded into the background because I had no forum to share with. But several years later I met someone online who linked me here, because of my interest in languages. Never signed up for something faster :P

Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

Zusupa Tanhì means 'Falling Star'. It is the closest thing to my spiritual name, CrossingStar, that I could find. Being a Druid and Jedi at the same time - yes, Jediism is an actual religion. The profile pic was one that spoke to me from the online gallery. I like it :)

Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?

Oh dear! Apart from a few words I have no real grasp of Na'vi. It's mainly because I can never commit enough time to study. I'm always having ideas and going off to write or daydream or listen to music or play video games. My parents don't really know. I mentioned it about once or twice. They didn't seem too interested and don't have enough time anyway. My goal is to eventually be able to post in the hardcore all-niNa'vi section of the forum.

What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

My favorite word is probably soaia or 'änsyem. I probably should incorporate it into everyday speech, but the people around me would have absolutely no clue what I was doing. It would bother them a lot :/

In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

1) The Vocab Section

2) Grammar Help

3) The Wiki

Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

I haven't yet, but I hope to contribute some nice phrases or sayings. That would be wonderful.

What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?

Hmmm...the thing I liked best about Avatar was the soaia-oriented way the Na'vi lived. Honor and bravery were key to their survival. It just felt real, like few other movies do. I won't say I'm that big of an Avatard (that made me smile when I read the question) but I love the language and the world. That's the most important part, I think.

Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

It has changed my life in some ways. First and foremost, I am growing my hair out for a braid and going blue, as it were ;) But it's smaller things too, such as being more respectful towards authority and wisdom. Those who came before me generally know what they're doing, after all.

As for bonding with animals...srane! I already loved my 8yr old cat, but now I value him even more.

If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

1) to Frommer: 'Why did you make Na'vì so much like Latin in the way it's put together?' (the syntax? is that the word?)

2) to Cameron: 'The palalukan and various other creatures seemed to know that they needed to help the Na'vi to survive. Are they that intelligent?'

3) to Frommer: 'What is your favorite Na'vi word?'

What else do you do in you free time?

I love to play Assassin's Creed, Star Wars games, watch movies, read, sing and write. Music and writing are two things I would absolutely hate to go without. There also are many TV shows that I think are absolutely brilliant. Those include Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Sherlock, Elementary, and AFV.

Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

1) purple necked rock wallaby

2) blue footed booby

3) ermine

The Purple Necked Rock Wallaby is such a beautiful and amazing creature. I just love the fact that there's a macropod with naturally occurring purple pigment in its fur! Plus, they live in Australia, which is an amazing place. *jealousy*

Blue Footed Boobies are another fun earth animal. Not only do the males have bright blue feet - my favorite color -  but the name! It's just so fun to say xD

Ermines are such beautiful creatures. They have such funny little faces! And like ferrets, they have senses of humor :)

The one animal I'm scared of?

Ugh! Scutigera are just awful. I know they eat spiders and bugs for us, and they're actually quite cool if you look up some facts about them, but it's one of those things where you don't wanna see it in person. In fact, they can live up to seven years! I read that and was shocked. Now, even though that creature terrifies me, I can still be amazed by the fun facts.

Hate 'em, though. Still hate 'em.

Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Ninja. 'Nuff said.

What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

1) Books because they are literally the best way of relaxing possible.

2) Movies because they're so fun! You can get all sorts of ideas for stories and poems from them!

3) Music. Just for chilling and unwinding :)

If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I would go to Pandora, Corusant or Dragonsdale. And yes, I've read Dragonsdale by Salamandra Drake. Don't judge me, people :P

Those three places are full of life, adventure and learning. That's my passion in life; learning. Besides, dragons, Na'vi and Togruta are all awesome fictional races.

If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

I would wish that all people would be peaceful towards each other, choosing only their highest right instead of their darkest wrong.

What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Q: Why do you love poetry and writing so much?

A: I love it because unlike an artist, who sees in terms of pictures, I see in words. Every single moment is narrated by my inner voice. It's like I kame a story in everything, if that makes sense.

TRUE OR FALSE

1) I have three or more dragons.

2) I do not like mushrooms.

3) I am from Idaho.

What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

Once, I accidentally said txìm in front of my friend. She asked me what I said, because - thank the Force - she doesn't know Na'vi. But it was still really embarrassing, and she could tell from the way I said it that I was swearing.

lol :P

(Bonus Q - asked by previous NotW) Which is your favorite world of Created Worlds?

Oh my! I'd have to say the Isles of Bresal from Dragonsdale or Ellesmere from the Inheritance Cycle.
Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
Always be discreet.
Do not compromise the Brotherhood.
~The Assassin's Creed

Eanayayo

Seykxel si nìtram, ma Zusupa Tanhì. ;)
Where are other questions?

NotW #127: Eana Yayo
   _0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Tìtstewan

Seykxel nìtramsì, ma Zusupa Tanhì.

Here you can see the NotW Questions Template. ;)
Or you can use the following codes:

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Ma Zusupa Tanhì - seykxel si nìtram! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Eana Yayo on January 28, 2013, 06:11:47 AMSeykxel si nìtram, ma Zusupa Tanhì. ;)
Where are other questions?

Yeah, I know I didn't finish the whole thing earlier. I couldn't, because I didn't have the time. They're finished now, though.

Oel ngati kameie, Aytsmuk!
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Tìtstewan

Ah! The T/F Question :D

Quote1) I have three or more dragons.
ngay/true

Quote2) I do not like mushrooms.
ngay/true

Quote3) I am from Idaho.
ngay/true

I think all these three are true. :)

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Kamean

The T/F questions:

1. ngay/true
2. tsleng/false
3. ngay/true

:D :D :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Zusupa Tanhì

Haha! Thanks for the guesses, 'eylan! I'll reveal on friday which are true and which are false.
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Eanayayo

NotW #127: Eana Yayo
   _0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Zusupa Tanhì

TRUE OR FALSE

1) I have three or more dragons. Ngay (true)!

2) I do not like mushrooms. Tsleng (false)! I love mushrooms :)

3) I am from Idaho. Tsleng (false) again. I was born in California.
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Yaknun

Kaltxi ma Zusupa Tanhì,
late but not toooo late: congratulation for the NotW and good time in this fine forum  :) ;)

ta
Yaknun
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

It is never too late, ma Yaknun. ;)
Oh I see I was wrong with my propose of T/F. :-[ :-X

Zusupa Tanhì

HRH, ma Tìtstewan. Nice to see you came back to check answers, ma 'eylan.

And thanks for the welcome, ma Yaknun. Nice to meet you! I don't think I've seen you around before.
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Blue Elf

Oh, too late to party! T/F statements were answered already, week is over.... meh.
I hope you had a nice week ma Zusupa Tanhì :)
Etrìpa syayvi!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tsmuktengan

Seykxel nìtramsì, ma Zusupa Tanhì.

...I am so late again, shame on me. I like the answers you gave to the questions, they are fun to read. I would never have expected such a funny name for an animal as Blue Footed... uh, things.  ;D

Why did you by the way chose Jediism? I believe there is some spirituality behind, naturally. Did you manage to start learning and understanding Na'vi grammar rules at least, despite daydreaming and just having fun? (I honestly don't do better, spending too much time dreaming while having music on.)

Does your cat also bond with you in some way? Or is he/she rather more of the independant type? Cats can have so many different personalities.

Without looking at the answers, I would have said T/T/F. Did I got them right?....... Got the mushrooms wrong. Did better than most times though.

Anyway, again, congratulations! :D

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

*swoops down from the tree branches*
TA DA!
* only the sounds of ayì'iang (insects)*

"Where IS everybody? I guess I'm late!"

*projects her voice to the twinkling darkness*

Ngaytxoa fwa oe za'amu hawngkrr!

TÌNg MIKYUN!  These are my answers:
1) you tsan have only one ikran so your other two are ikranystìp u'uvan (little ikranlike plaything -toy) or you have creatures from other worlds
2) Oe lu eana HOBBIT! I can't imagine anyone not liking SPXAM! mushrooms!  yum YOM!
3) I had no idea you were born in California.  My human tokx was born in Blythe, California and my two younger brothers were born in Whittier.  Are we "homies"?

SEYKEL SÌ NÌTRAM, OEYÄ 'EYLAN

Niri Te

Txoa livu oeru, orya tsmukan, I am late too. CONGRATULATIONS on being Na'vi of the Week. I truly hope that things are settling down at home for you.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Vawmataw

Congratulations! I'm also late!

To Zusupa Tanhì:

When your NotW reign is done, you have to lock your topic after saying your three statements. Or a moderator will do it for you.

Also, keep sure the next person is chosen and accepts to be NotW. ;)
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on February 10, 2013, 11:22:21 AM
Congratulations! I'm also late!

To Zusupa Tanhì:

When your NotW reign is done, you have to lock your topic after saying your three statements. Or a moderator will do it for you.

Also, keep sure the next person is chosen and accepts to be NotW. ;)
HRH. nice ;D
What is this:
Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on February 03, 2013, 11:19:28 AM
Congrats.
Posted: « Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:28 am » ;)