NotW #20: tìngay mungeyu

Started by tìngay mungeyu, August 30, 2010, 09:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tìngay mungeyu

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
Kaltxì!
My name is Veronika Bakó and I live in a town called Debrecen in Hungary. I'm 23 years old and I'm studying psychology (Master of Arts in psychology) at the University of Debrecen. I like learning languages – I speak English quite well but I speak a little bit of Italian, German, Finnish and Na'vi... oh and of course Hungarian is my mother language and I'm very proud of it because it is very difficult to learn. I have to improve my German because maybe one day my boyfriend and I will move to Germany. :)
This is me:  ;D

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
Of course I fell in love with Pandora and the Na'vi and I was looking for some information about them when I got here, I don't know how, and I'm still here as one of the two moderators of the Hungarian part of the site. When I registered in January there were only 3 hungarians here (I realized later that tsrräfkxätu is also hungarian) and we decided to make the hungarian section (the clan called Pa'liataneveng) where we can learn Na'vi together and talk about Avatar in hungarian. The name Pa'liataneveng was created by tsrräfkxätu.
I learned Na'vi fast and I was at the intermediate level but nowadays I don't have enough free time and I forgot a lot.  :'(

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
My alias is the translation of my real name Veronika. It had two meanings - true and the bringer of victory – so I mixed them and created the tìngay mungeyu.
My profile pic – it's me avatarized by myself. It was one of my first avatarizations.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Srane, oe plltxe nìna'vi slä oe zene nivume nì'ul sì nì'ul!
I started learning Na'vi because I like learning languages and I found it easy to learn. I helped in the making of the Na'vi-Hungarian dictionary, I made language guides and crosswords.
I don't have any special methods of learning languages, I'm still the fan of the old school methods.  ;D
The reaction of my family and friends (who haven't even seen Avatar)? "Oh God, she's sick." They called me Na'vi and they laughed at me when I said anything about the Na'vi or Avatar.

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
I don't have favorite words but if I have to choose one I'd say it is atokirina' because it sounds wonderful for me and I love those scenes of the movie where they appear.

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
The first is Taronyu's dictionary. I use it almost every day.
Then the works of my hungarian team – for instance Kifkeyä Nari's Na'vi-Hungarian keyboard and the HUN Wiki

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I'm very proud of my avatarized pics because I make many of you happy with them. :D

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I loved the whole movie – the characters (all the Na'vi characters and I like Parker from the RDA), the plot, the effects, the colors,the music etc. The only thing I hate is that it's not reality but I believe it can be in the future.  ::) 8)

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Yes, definetely. I respect nature more than before and I try to see the plants and animals as my simblings. Thanks to this site I have now many friends from all over the world.  :) :) :)

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
I have 3 questions to Cameron:
Can I participate in the making of Avatar 2-3?
What would my average day look like, if I were a Na'vi?
We know that Avatars have hybrid DNA but does the baby of an avatar and a Na'vi has anything related to humans (like 5 fingers or anything in his genes)?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
Free time? What's that?  :D :D ;) Hahah, okay I don't have too much free time but I like learning languages, helping others in their everyday tasks. I love nature and I like taking photos of animals. This is my favorite:

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Cats, because I like their behavior – they are social but also wild if needed.
Giraffe because it is a giant but an elegant animal.
Fish – any kind of fish except sharks. I don't know why, I just like to watch them swimming.

I'm terrified of spiders and all the animals having more than six legs.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
The only superpower I would like to have is the ability of flying. But it would be enough for me if I had my own ikran.  ;D

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
A book with the title ,,How to survive in a desert"  :)
Food and lots of water.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
This is not a question. :D I would travel to Pandora because life on Pandora can be characterized by one word for me - harmony.
If I could travel in time I would travel to 2012 to see how my life's going after finishing university. :D

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
My wish would to be to be healthy in my whole life. Health is the most important I think.

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Generally I'm a bit sensitive, I mean I can cry easily.

What shall I do to be less sensitive and to be more determined in serious situations?

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
When I was a child I lived in Africa for 4 years.
I don't have any pets at home.
I can tap dance.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
I don't remember any...

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question Where did you learn how to do those awesome avatarizations? And which is your favorite?
I've been learning how to use photoshop for many years by myself and I tried tried tried to make better and better avatarized pics. My favorite is Le'eylan's because she has dreadlocks so she looks like a real Na'vi.  8)

Plumps

Kaltxì sì Hallo!
Glückwunsch, dass du Na'vi der Woche geworden bist.*
Wow, that was a mix-up of languages :P

Great to see and hear from a part of the forum I have so ›little‹ contact with ...
Your avatarizations look indeed really good. It's amazing how many talented and arts related people we have here ... and Avatar as a whole seems to attract.

Enjoy your week! — I'm not the guesser, so I'll let others solve the T/F questions :D

Ftiafpi

Excellent, it's good to see you becoming NotW, I haven't seen you around much lately (though that may be my fault as well, lol)

I'm going to have to guess T,T,F (tap dancing, :P who does that? Honestly!).

Tìtxur Lefpomtokx

Katlxì, my hungarian friend!

Well, i am not a good speaker so i just write down my guesses: I think the first is False, the second is True, 3th is True

Oh and by the way, that avatarization is really, really good, nice work!
I can't avatarize myself >:( ;D

eanayo

Looks there's something wrong with me, the first thing that came to my mind when reading your first sentence was sausage ;)

I always admire the talented people on this forum, I myself am much too incompetent when it comes to Photoshop and the likes.

Wild guess for the questions: FTT

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I'm not sure but you didn't look like a tapdancer to me  8) - I think F/T/F :-)

Le'eylan

;D :D
Can you please, please put up some of your avatarizations here?
and maybe some pictures you've taken too? ;)

And you speak so many languages! I'm jealous.

When it comes to true and false..:
False, although, scheisse- that would have been cool!
False, you have to have pets. Or palulukans will eat you.
True, woho, awesome. Somehow, I can really imagine you dance  ;)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

tìngay mungeyu

Irayo, irayo!  ;D I'm happy to read your posts.  :D

Ma Le'eylan, there are a few of my avatarizations here but I've made a lot more since the last update. So I'll update them soon and I'll collect my best pics I've taken, too.  :)

Dreamlight

Any friend of cats is a friend of mine!  >^..^<

True, True, False.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Kaltxì ma tìngay mungeyu, congratulation to you for beeing chosen as NotW.

For the N/T i completely have to guess, so i go for N/T/N
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Nyx

I'm guessing N/T/N too. The first one would be great if it's true ^^

And I have to ask, since you're studying psychology, are you analyzing all of us based on our posts? :P

Oh and I envy you a bit for already speaking Hungarian, it's an interesting language. I was in Hungary for a little while this summer and I really didn't get a word at first. And I think I picked up on 3-4 in total, haha.

Taronyu

Man, I wish I knew Hungarian. Sounds like a great language. And Finnish! awesome.

:D

I guess TTF

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Hah :p both VERY difficult languages...

I didn't say impossible though :-)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Congratulations Tingay mungeyu on being named NoTW.nga sìltsan krr lu mi atan

Your Hungarian clan name is interesting-- 'horse light child'?

I am going to guess T/N/N. I'm stepping out on a limb here because I figure if you like animals, and especially cats, you have at least a cat. This, in spite of implying you do not have any pets in your mention of photographing animals. And like Dreamlight, any friend of falulukantsyip is a friend of mine!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

tìngay mungeyu

QuoteAnd I have to ask, since you're studying psychology, are you analyzing all of us based on our posts? :P

:D :D No, I don't analize anybody only if I have to. :)

QuoteYour Hungarian clan name is interesting-- 'horse light child'?

It can be translated Son of White Horse. It's a tale about Hungarian mitology. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I'm happy you guys like Hungarian. :D I teach you some words: Irayo! - Köszönöm! Oel ngati kameie! - Látlak Téged!  ;D

Lisa

Congrats on NotW!   

QuoteBut it would be enough for me if I had my own ikran.

Srane!  The concept of tsaheylu & flying with ikran absolutely are my most favorite Avatar scenes.

I'll say T/F/T; the first true because I also spent part of my childhood on a different continent (so I know it happens!),  the second false because the idea of not having pets is distressing and I would hope that wasn't the case, the third true because it sounds cool.  :)

Your Na'vi photoshops are txantsan!

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

kewnya txamew'itan

All of those N/T are plausible (although you've never mentioned Africa before that I can remember) so I'll take a punt with T/N/N.

Also, I just realised this hasn't been stickied, now it has been.
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

tìngay mungeyu

QuoteYour Na'vi photoshops are txantsan!

Irayo, ma Tirea Ikran!  :)

Quote from: kewnya txamew'itan on September 01, 2010, 04:51:26 PM
Also, I just realised this hasn't been stickied, now it has been.

I'm just updating the page so I haven't realised that neither so far.  :o ;D

Prrton

Quote from: tìngay mungeyu on August 30, 2010, 05:34:03 PM

...a few of my avatarizations here but I've made a lot more since the last update. So I'll update them soon and I'll collect my best pics I've taken, too.  :)

These avatarizations are really amazing! Nìngay!

I guess: T, F, T (I really want you to have at least one pet and It would be super-dooper if you could tap dance.) Am I projecting? ::)

Thanks for sharing and a question or two:

What aspects of the mind (that you've discovered in your studies) are most interesting/surprising and which are those that are most frightening to you (if any)?