NotW #23: Eyamsiyu

Started by Eyamsiyu, September 19, 2010, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
Kaltxì, ma smukan sì smuke! Oeru syaw Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan!

... that's one large portion of what I know in Na'vi.  I am actually called Mike by my friends and family, and for those who might get a kick out of it, my first and last names are Michael Scott.

Pic of me:

And a couple pics of my pride and joy!

I myself am many things.  I am one of the kindest people you will ever meet.  I am an extremely talented, yet humble drummer & percussionist who goes to UNC @ Pembroke to improve his musical talents.  I am also a very curious person, and my interests range.  However, most of my interest stays in music, Avatar, and the Na'vi language.

I speak bluntly when in person, but NEVER mean to offend anyone by my words, which unfortunately happens more often than I would like.

You could also say that I am LN.org's own "Tourette's Guy," but my case is MUCH much tamer than the real TG.

Finally, I can claim to have survived a "National Emergency" when the town of Columbus Indiana, which I lived in at the time (2008), suffered a severe flood.  My house was untouched, luckily, but plenty of my friends has their houses destroyed...

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
I saw Avatar the night that it was released, expecting a lot.  And you know what?  I was absolutely AMAZED!  In fact, after the second time I saw it (two days later), I realized how mesmerized I was at the language, and how I wanted to learn it.  Turns out that night (if my timeline is correct), LN.org was founded by our own Payoang/Seabass.  I immediately signed up, and since then, I have been entertaining many in the Spam section... more than what I should, I would like to add...

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
My profile pic is kind of easy: I took a test on facebook for "Which Na'vi are you?" and it said Tsu'tey.  While I don't agree that I am completely like him, he is pretty BA, so I went with that as teh profile pic.

Now my name, I took the Na'vi construction for a name and personalized it to be my own, with the words in the name being direct or indirect translations of my name.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Not as well as I would like.  But that's the price I pay for dedicating most of my time to becoming the next Thomas Lang/Neil Peart.  I have picked up little tidbits along the way, and most recently I have actually begun to really form a method to learn the language at a faster pace.  

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
Kxangangang is DEFINITELY one of them.  Au is another, and probably yawne.  So "BOOM," "drum (with skin head)," and "beloved."  You know where my mind is at. ;)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
Kaltxì Palulukan's "Learn Na'vi the Easy Way"
All variations of the dictionary.
1400 flash cards (which is, for some reason, either unavailable or hard-to-find).  This was a print-out document that someone made, and I have all the 1400.  Since then new words have appeared, but I will learn these, and from there, see what I missed.

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
If anything, I claim to have co-founded the "Imaginary Mates" thread, which rides a fine line between spam and role play...

Other than that, just opinions on certain things and my kind heart and soul.

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
If there is one thing that I HAVE to hate about Avatar, it was how it made me want to go to Pandora SO BADLY, and to know it didn't actually exist.

The one thing I loved?  To make a joke, I felt like I was high as a kite without the need of chemicals. ;D But really, I love how it has inspired so many people to do something with their lives they wouldn't normally do if they hadn't seen Avatar, including James Cameron himself.

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
I have become much more conscious of nature and how we interact with it.  It has impacted how I see religiously.  But it also has affected me musically, which is probably the most important.... it overall is hard to describe, but I have now such a yearning to learn tribal drums.  I even hope to go places where there is "native drumming" and learn it their way: by rote.

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Frommer: I've heard how closely the studying of music and the learning of foreign languages are to each other in the networking and processing of the brain.  How can I manipulate this?
Cameron: When are we going to see the trapeze drums in the movies?
Both: Think of one Na'vi word to describe the other.  What is it?

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
There is no free time as a music major: if there is, you're doing it wrong. ;)

I always find time to surf the forums.  That's about it.

Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
Dolphin, because 1) they are awesome, and 2) They are the only other animal besides humans to have intercourse for pleasure, which I find amusing.
Lion.  Because of Lion King
Dogs.  Because my dog Zoey is awesome! :)

Now for the animal I most fear?  Pretty much any insect that stings or bites.

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
How about an undead karate-kicking pirate-cyborg?

Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
A mirror to reflect light and act as a signal
a knife
and flint.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
I would go back in time to that "Picture Day" in September 2004 and tell myself not to jump, because if I do I would severely break my arm (I have a "bum arm" because I broke it at the elbow)

Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
To have a million more wishes!

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Why did you jump?

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
•) I have had multiple surgeries in my life: three of them were on my elbow when it was broken, one was to remove my wisdom teeth, and the last was on my broken foot.
•) I am a fan of the Indianapolis Colts, but I believe the best football team ever was the 1972 Miami Dolphins.
•) I have not ever visited another country besides the United States.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
Well, it's more of a MLIN(a'vi) but here it goes...

I was driving with my mom in the passenger seat, and at a light we were stopped behind a Saturn Vue.  I decided, out of my bored state, to actually read the word.  Unconsiously I read "Vue" with Na'vi phonetics, and my mom promptly correct me with "view."

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus Question
If you could learn to play any musical instrument real or fictional that you do not already know how to play what would you play and why?

The Trapeze drums mentioned in the Activist Survival Guide.  That would be AWESOME!  It's like Cirque de Soleil meets Blue Man Group (no pun intended by the "Blue")

DISCLAIMER: I have to correct some stuff here.  Expect changes to be made...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Lolet

T/T/F?

Much congratulations to you, ma eylan!

And your contrubution is very important, I think.  ;)

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

YAY! CONGRATS ma Eyamsiyu!!  ;D ;D ;D
And darn....I thought I knew this, but I will go with F/T/T :P

EDIT: AWESOME Drums

Nyx

Congrats! ;D I'm guessing N/N/T

And a question: what did you jump off that time? Or more importantly, what did you land on? :P

Eyamsiyu

I jumped off a building (15-20 feet tall) and thought I could land safely on the ground... I was wrong...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

The Almighty Pickle and I congratulate you!

We're guessing T/T/T

Eanikran

congrats again ma tsmuk  ;D

I'm gonna be daring and go T/T/T, you mentioned a jump off a building as far as the first one goes (unless you're trolling  :D ;)) and the other 2 seem pretty reasonable.

Dreamlight

http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Lolet

I don't get how jumping from a height of 15-20 feet could ever be considered safe... unless there was a giant bowl of jello beneath!  :D

Maria TunVrrtep

Not knowing you, I'll say T/F/T
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

'Oma Tirea

Congrats on being chosen, ma Eyamsiyu :D

Forum fun fact: Eyamsiyu is the earliest member "alive" and active on the forum that is not a mod or admin.  We're so happy that you decided to stick around for so long, and we hope you'll continue to stay ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

holy fu** super ninja "warning-while you were reading 4 new replies have been posted.  You may wish to review your post." 

um t/f/t... i'm a nub, your a nub, we are all one big fat nub with a tic tac in our toe and a bong to share between....
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Congratulations ma Eyamsiyu,

here my (wild) guess : n/t/n
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Nyx

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on September 19, 2010, 07:29:25 PM
I jumped off a building (15-20 feet tall) and thought I could land safely on the ground... I was wrong...
Maybe you should've tried to miss the ground instead...

Kì'eyawn

Hmm...  Gonna go with T/F/T.

And bonobos most likely have sex for pleasure too, me 'eylan—but dolphins have been known to proposition human swimmers, so...  ;)
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Eanikran

Quote from: Ikranari on September 20, 2010, 08:53:58 AM
...and drummer of the week if that is possibel  ;D
He's gonna be the next Neil Peart, you know.  ;D

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on September 20, 2010, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: Ikranari on September 20, 2010, 08:53:58 AM
...and drummer of the week if that is possibel  ;D
He's gonna be the next Neil Peart, you know.  ;D

Already working on having a hellavuh kit!

Niwantaw

T/F/T

And you know all you have to do to fly is throw yourself at the ground...

..and miss.
Only mostly AWOL.

Eanikran

Eyamsiyu