Eana Tanhì

congrats ma Nusumea Tirea  :)
your avatarized pic is awesome!

my guess is:
False
True
True

;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Puvomun

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on December 01, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
I agree, he did an amazing bit of work there!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Nusumea Tirea

Thank you. As I also used it to learn doing things like that with gimp, it took some time. But now I know how to do it  ;D

Quote from: Puvomun on December 01, 2010, 10:20:09 AM
I agree, he did an amazing bit of work there!!

It was quite some work until gimp did what I wanted it to do  ;)  But I learned a lot about layers (just change the colour for example)while doing it. As soon as I have some time, the sanhì will follow. But in bright daylight you wouldn't see them clearly anyway...  8)

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

False
True
True - I also bought the Collectors Edition without having a player for it.

Congrats =D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan ma Nusumea, seykxel sì nìtram

A lot to comment on here!

First of all, I see that you are interested in animal spirituality. I have been dragged into this by the cats. Read some of my experiences in this thread http://forum.learnnavi.org/vocab-phrases/t14470/ I think this is something that is not understood well enough. And if we all understood, we would have a lot more wholistic appreciation for animals in all the roles they play in our world.

Speaking of cats, I see the comments everyone is making about cats vs dogs. Housecats are really super-independent compared to dogs (still, my two (domestic) cats are definitely 'best friends'). But some of the bigger cats, lions and ligers especially, have some of the best traits of each. They also build very deep bonds with you!

I see you have been involved a little with the SCA. If I had more spare time (I agree: what's that?), I would probably get involved. As it is, I used to participate in the Glasgow (KY) Highland Games, that had a strong SCA contingent. (I helped a good friend of mine who brought a lion to the games) That has all kind of faded now. But the last time I was there, we had built a small trebuchet. Siege engines are of great interest to me.

Great work on the avatarization! I see you used GIMP. I am a big Linux enthusiast, and use Gimp a lot. I am no master of that complex program, but am learning more tricks all the time. Do you suppose you could share some steps or hints on how to go about avatarizing yourself?

BTW, as far as sanhi go, I think they show up as white spots in bright light. The white would be pigment and not glow.

Lastly, on your N/T questions: N/T/T I am fairly certain of the first one from the context of your posts here. The last one is fairly easy-- I (and apparently many others here) did the same thing. The middle one-- usually, you can paint your house without technical climbing gear.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 01, 2010, 03:45:16 PM
I see you have been involved a little with the SCA. If I had more spare time (I agree: what's that?), I would probably get involved. As it is, I used to participate in the Glasgow (KY) Highland Games, that had a strong SCA contingent. (I helped a good friend of mine who brought a lion to the games) That has all kind of faded now. But the last time I was there, we had built a small trebuchet. Siege engines are of great interest to me.

HEHEHE I'm a Balista Babe, 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä.  I have to remake my armor now because I have lost so much weight, but I've shot a Treb and a Balista.  Siege engines are really cool!!!  We have a large Siege guild here in Houston.  If you ever get down this way, let me know and I'll take you out to see the engines or to an event.

I know the feeling of "What's free time" also.  Between 2 jobs, school, SCA, and two handicapped parents, my days are totally scheduled down to the quarter hour.  It's pretty bad when you have to pencil in time to brush your teeth.  

Oh and don't take my comments on cats to be negative.  I love cats.  I have 3 and when I perform rituals, one sits outside my door and won't come in because she's protecting me.  Another, I can close the door and make sure she's not in the room, then turn around and she's there.  It's amazing. 

ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Nusumea Tirea

Sorry that it took me so long to answer. I was very busy yesterday  :-[
Txantsan ma Nusumea, seykxel sì nìtram

A lot to comment on here!

First of all, I see that you are interested in animal spirituality. I have been dragged into this by the cats. Read some of my experiences in this thread http://forum.learnnavi.org/vocab-phrases/t14470/ I think this is something that is not understood well enough. And if we all understood, we would have a lot more wholistic appreciation for animals in all the roles they play in our world.

I just read through the other thread. It looks like the lion really loved you, so he stayed to comfort you.
To see him like that, thats for me the real meaning of Oel ngati kameie. To see the other spirit, may this be a person, an animal or plants and rocks. Music really is a big help to get into this light trance where you can see those spirits. I mostly do it with steady drum beats.
But don't restrict it to animals. Everything around you has a spirit. And it can be very sad to see an old tree felled (happended yesterday in our neighborhood).

Speaking of cats, I see the comments everyone is making about cats vs dogs. Housecats are really super-independent compared to dogs (still, my two (domestic) cats are definitely 'best friends'). But some of the bigger cats, lions and ligers especially, have some of the best traits of each. They also build very deep bonds with you!

As I have no experience with the larger cats, I can't tell. But they are great animals, no doubt. I don't have anything against cats. It's just that we liked a dog, so we got one. And he just don't likes them.

It also as faded for me. The main things I did were heavy weapon, archery, some fencing and my favourite, Arts and Science like dancing and jewellery making. This I still do sometimes.

Great work on the avatarization! I see you used GIMP. I am a big Linux enthusiast, and use Gimp a lot. I am no master of that complex program, but am learning more tricks all the time. Do you suppose you could share some steps or hints on how to go about avatarizing yourself?
BTW, as far as sanhi go, I think they show up as white spots in bright light. The white would be pigment and not glow.
Well, I'm not the expert either. I guess there are easier ways ;) I started with the picture and first read through the Thread http://forum.learnnavi.org/fan-art/na'vi-avatars-noses-and-you/ and
http://forum.learnnavi.org/fan-art/examining-the-proportional-differences-between-na'vi-avatars-and-humans/. Then I used IWarp to enlarge the eye area and broaden the nose. After that (and another layer) I got the eye and ear from a picture of the movie advertisement (the one with Jake on the right and his avatar on the left). Double the eye and ear (in a seperate layer below the face layer) and use the perspective transform, scaling and move to fit it to the face. Now put a mask to the face (white, full cover) and use airbrush (with soft edge) to uncover the area of the eyes and ears which should be visible. Now add a new layer complete with a dark blue (I used value 021b43). Set the Layer function from normal to color, add a mask (white, full cover) and unmask all blue areas. To get the pattern, use a second layer with black and white pattern and cover aroung 10% (again add a mask). Same procedure for hair color. Onle layer (layer set from normal to saturation) makes it greyish/black another with darken made it darker. As Input device I used a cheap graphic tablet, and of course gimp with Linux (Kubuntu).

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 01, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
I see you have been involved a little with the SCA. If I had more spare time (I agree: what's that?), I would probably get involved. As it is, I used to participate in the Glasgow (KY) Highland Games, that had a strong SCA contingent. (I helped a good friend of mine who brought a lion to the games)

That has all kind of faded now. But the last time I was there, we had built a small trebuchet. Siege engines are of great interest to me.

HEHEHE I'm a Balista Babe, 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä.  I have to remake my armor now because I have lost so much weight, but I've shot a Treb and a Balista.  Siege engines are really cool!!!  We have a large Siege guild here in Houston.  If you ever get down this way, let me know and I'll take you out to see the engines or to an event.

Oh-oh... longships and Siege engines. I think we have to take cover  ;)

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 01, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
I know the feeling of "What's free time" also.  Between 2 jobs, school, SCA, and two handicapped parents, my days are totally scheduled down to the quarter hour.  It's pretty bad when you have to pencil in time to brush your teeth. 
Oh and don't take my comments on cats to be negative.  I love cats.  I have 3 and when I perform rituals, one sits outside my door and won't come in because she's protecting me.  Another, I can close the door and make sure she's not in the room, then turn around and she's there.  It's amazing. 
ta TunVrrtep

Well, I'm not down to quarter hours, yet. But yes, my days are planned to some extend. But I still have some time which can be easily re-adjusted.

Nusumea Tirea

Kaltxì ma eylan!

as my week is over, here are the answers:

- I lived in an bronze age village for a week
False: As much as I would like that, it hasn't happened yet.

- I went to free climb training and got the equipment just to paint a wall of my house without ladder
True: one wall is just too high using a standard ladder. Using a rope and doing it hanging there was easier. There is also a place between my house and an other which is too narrow for a ladder (houses in the old city part are build very close to save room within the city walls).

- I got the Blue Ray Version of the extended Collectors Edition without having a Player for it.
Sad but true. I got both versions, DVD to look at and the BR to get all the making of.
Since Saturday I have a BR player now but still no TV ;) At the moment I watch it on a Laptop using a USB videograbber.