NotW #34: Hufwe Atxur

Started by Hufwe Atxur, December 06, 2010, 09:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hufwe Atxur

#1: Who are you?

Kaltxì frapo, my name is Lukas and I'm living in the outer districts of Vienna, the capital city of Austria.
Currently, I'm 17 years old and I'm going to start studying computer science in 2011. If I have free-time, I like to program software (some of them for Na'vi) and reading books. My interests are mixed: human anthropology, ancient history and of course computer-science are some of them. I really like to practice Geocaching (by the way, are there any other Na'vi-cachers out there?) and watch Stargate in the evenings; in my winter-holidays I practice skiing and snowshoeing and in my easter-holidays I make long excursions in the forest.

Since I was taught English seven years at school, I should be able to speak it. I also had Latin for five years and French for three years; I'm able to write Latin (speaking shouldn't be a big problem, but I've never tried), but I guess I'm better in speaking Na'vi than speaking French ;)
Subjects in school I like are computer science, physics and psychology, so I've a trend to natural-science topics.

What else to say? Yes, since I live in the outer districts of Vienna I have a more or less quite homeplace. Here I live with my family and with my two beloved cats of whom the eldest is five and the youngest three years old.

#2: Why are you here?

After I saw Avatar the first time (it was rather late, the 22nd of May - I hate me for denying to watch Avatar in cinema, so I missed the chance to view it in 3D) I was, as many others, simply blown away by this movie. The same day I searched the soundtrack, and after reading some background-information about the movie, I found a link to this site. I think, it was the same day I saw the movie as I registered here. So, here I'm, learning Na'vi :D

#3: Where do your alias and profile pic come from?

My alias changed between many names, Gandalf, Maybourne, Eltu Lefngap and now it should have come to an end with my actual alias. I was going through the dictionary, learning some vocab, when I saw the Na'vi word for wind: Hufwe. Because I like the explosives in Na'vi, I decided to add the adjective txur. "Strong wind .. a nice name" I thought, and so I chose it.

The profile pic is taken from the Extended Version; since I had enough Neytiri-pictures for a while, I took a picture of Jake. So, it's nothing special with my name and picture ;)

#4: Srak nga tsun nìNa'vi pivlltxe?

Oe ke omum txo aylì'ut oel plltxe nìNa'vi lu eyawr, slä oe nerume ulte oe sìlpey tsnì oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi sìltsan krray. Oel sngamä'i nivume lì'fyat leNa'vi krr a oel ke tolok numtsengit.
I really like learning Na'vi, whenever I've the time to I read the dictionary to learn some new vocab. Unfortunately, there's no place in world except this forum where I could practice Na'vi; and talking with my cats isn't the best way to train.

#5: What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?

If I have a favorite word, it is atxkxe. I really like the "popping" sound of Na'vi, and when two of the explosives wind up, it simply sounds wonderful :D Beside this, I'm using srane, kä and kehe in conversations (the reactions followed by this are often "What? I didn't understand, could you repeat?". Just hilarious.) And I hope some of my colleagues don't understand the meaning of skxawng.

#6: In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?

I started learning with NiaN alongside with the Activity Book. If I had to choose three, they would be the following:

- Na'vi in a Nutshell - a very good Grammar Reference and a must-read for newcomers!
- Learn Na'vi Activity Book - helped me a lot with learning vocabularies
- All the other tools and things created by the members, to name some: EanaEltu, Le'eylans Prezi-lessons, the fan-fictions and more ..

#7: Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

So far I've just made the Na'vi language training software Seed of Language with its tools and some of its lessons. I really like developing it (what some of you might've noticed the time I build thousands of subversions) and will keep on developing the program and lessons for hopefully a very long time.
The only other thing I did was a small Latin Na'vi-worksheet, maybe more'll follow, but unfortunately there aren't much persons active in the Latin section :(

#8: What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar?

I really enjoy watching Avatar. I like the Na'vi, their language and their way of living "meoauniaea", Pandora and the way the film takes me away each time I watch it. There's nothing for me to hate  about this movie (except the way the RDA treats the Na'vi and Pandora). I only regret that didn't watch the movie in cinemas when I had the chance to. My wrong-heading..

#9: Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?

If that means that I'm learning a con-language and invest time into this, yes. I've always been connected with the nature in some way, and the movie just strengthened the bond. I might save more energy, I learned more about our world and go with more open eyes through her, and invested much time into watching Avatar. So in some kind, the movie changed my life slightly.

#10: If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?

Cameron: How the hell did you get the idea for this film?
Both: Will you come to Austria one time?
Cameron: You don't have some Na'vi-artifacts you could give away, or?

#11: What else do you do in you free time?

Beside working with the computer, I spend much time with reading books (both fantasy and scientific books). I sometimes practise Geocaching and would like to start Wing Chun in future. If I've the time to, I watch another episode of Stargate; currently I'm seeing Stargate Atlantis, which is quite new for me since I only saw SG-1 for a very long time.

#12: Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?

Because I have two cats at my home, I like this species very much - this reminds me to put a picture of them here. Even if they are sleeping the whole day, it are very nice and sweet contemporaries.
Snakes: slow and yet fast. Paradoxical.
Mammoths: It's a pity that the human race eradicated those fantastic animals! I can't say why I like them, it is just so :D

#13: Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?

Aye captain! I might've watched Pirates of the Caribbean too often, so I would select pirate. But I wouldn't regret learning some ninja-skills.

#14: What three items would you take to a desert island and why?

Knife - obvious?
My eBook with hundreds of books on it - you now know why
Perhaps a gun with a single shot and a broken compass A telescope

#15: If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?

I'd like to visit the Stargate-Universe or - who is surprised now? - Pandora. Exploring thousands of worlds in our galaxy seems to be a very interesting job. It would be difficult to choose between SG and Pandora, since I would also really appreciate being with the Na'vi for some years, but as someone of them and not as human (otherwise it would be useless).

#16: If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Knowledge about the universe.

#17: What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?

Why do you invest your time into that crazy Avatar-stuff?
If you don't know, you must have forgotten something.

#18: True or false?

I made my first website with seven.
I've met the recent Austrian vice-chancellor and the former-former chancellor.
I know the entire Lord of the Rings film-trilogy by rote.

#19: What is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?

I can hardly remember Na'vi-related happening since only few people actually know that I'm studying Na'vi. A thing I must pay attention to is that I don't include Na'vi words when speaking with teachers,.. - I sometimes must hold back to not say Irayo.

Bonus question: Imagine you are a Na'vi and could choose where you want to live on Pandora (Forest, Plains, at the Sea, ...). What would you choose?

Well .. good question. The places at the sea didn't attract me so much, so this wouldn't be my first choice. Also being a Na'vi on an island or at the polar caps isn't attractive to me. Since the film shows such a beautiful forest, this would be my choice. A wide-spread flora and fauna, always a subtropical climate, a bit more danger (so it's more exciting) than at the plains and much more makes it to an interesting and exciting place to live. So I'd choose the forests.

Oeyä tìpawm: You now have the option to change anything in Avatar 2. What would you do? Would you let Cameron do the work or include own ideas? Would your movie still be about the humans and the Omatikaya?
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!

Puvomun

Kaltxì ma 'eylan!

Good for you, to be Na'vi of the week!

As to your questions... I'd say Ngay, Ngay, Tsleng. Enjoy your week! :)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Quote from: Hufwe Atxur on December 06, 2010, 09:40:42 AM
#7: Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?

So far I've just made the Na'vi language training software Seed of Language with its tools and some of its lessons. I really like developing it (what some of you might've noticed the time I build thousands of subversions) and will keep on developing the program and lessons for hopefully a very long time.

Hey! Congratulations, ma Lukas ;)

"just"??? You're kidding, right? Everything that helps beginners and enthusiasts to learn the language more easily deserves more than just a 'just' ;) Don't sell yourself short!

Nyx

Perhaps a gun with a single shot and a broken compass
Don't forget the rum!

My guess: Ng/Ts/Ng. It's nice to find out more about you ^^

Ekirä

Congrats ma Hufwe Atxur!!! ;D

I'll guess True, False, True like I always do. ;)

Nusumea Tirea

Congrats my Hufwe Atxur  ;)

I guess nga, tsleng, nga.

Quote from: Plumps on December 06, 2010, 09:54:16 AM

Hey! Congratulations, ma Lukas ;)

"just"??? You're kidding, right? Everything that helps beginners and enthusiasts to learn the language more easily deserves more than just a 'just' ;) Don't sell yourself short!

I can only second that. You do great work here !

Tirea Aean

Random guess: TTF.

also:

I LOVE YOUR WORK. Yeah it gets updated very often, but I would rather it update frequently than never. ;D keep up the good job adding cool new features.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Nyx on December 06, 2010, 12:32:50 PM
Don't forget the rum!

Why is the rum gone!?! ;D

I will guess T/F/T.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Dreamlight

Ooo, that's a beautiful cat.  Do you have a pic of the other one?

I do love cats.

I'm going to say True, True, False.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Hufwe Atxur

Quote from: Dreamlight on December 07, 2010, 01:00:17 AM
Ooo, that's a beautiful cat.  Do you have a pic of the other one?

I do love cats.

I'm going to say True, True, False.
If I'd be able to catch her - maybe when she's sleeping like the other ;)

Quote from: Nyx on December 06, 2010, 12:32:50 PM
Don't forget the rum!

My guess: Ng/Ts/Ng. It's nice to find out more about you ^^
Ain't it brought there by the smugglers? Okay, maybe I should spend less time with watching films, but PotC is just so funny.

Ma Nusumea Tirea, Plumps sì Tirea Aean - irayo nìtxan.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Seykxel sì nitram ma Lukas nang

Congratulations on being chosen Na`vi of the week!

First of all, another person who likes cats. Txantsan nang
When I first saw your cat, the first impression was that it was an American cougar (also commonly known as a mountain lion, or any number of other names). It is very beautiful, and I think, a somewhat unusual coloration for a domestic. (BTW, cougars are a preferred 'pet cat' by a lot of experienced exotic cat keepers.)

I see you decided to trade your gun and compass for a telescope. I am going to guess then, that you enjoy astronomy. If so, do you have a telescope? What do you like to observe?

As to your N/T questions, I am going to guess N/N/T. The last question seems just a little far-fetched.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Hufwe Atxur

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 07, 2010, 09:02:00 PM
Seykxel sì nitram ma Lukas nang

Congratulations on being chosen Na`vi of the week!

First of all, another person who likes cats. Txantsan nang
When I first saw your cat, the first impression was that it was an American cougar (also commonly known as a mountain lion, or any number of other names). It is very beautiful, and I think, a somewhat unusual coloration for a domestic. (BTW, cougars are a preferred 'pet cat' by a lot of experienced exotic cat keepers.)

I see you decided to trade your gun and compass for a telescope. I am going to guess then, that you enjoy astronomy. If so, do you have a telescope? What do you like to observe?

As to your N/T questions, I am going to guess N/N/T. The last question seems just a little far-fetched.

My cats are Singapuras, and thanks, I find them beautiful too. They spend most of their time sleeping (what's not unusual for cats), but at least the youngest is quite kittenish. I'll make a photo of her later!

Yes, you guessed absolutely right - I like astronomy. I'm deciding whether to study astrophysics and computer science or only the second one, but I've some time left still to make a final decision. The telescope is a standard-one and it's good enough to watch the sun and the planets. I bought a special filter that makes observing gas-nebulae more easy, since this is quite difficult if the entire eastern sky is lightened up by the city.
This summer I started making pictures of the nocturnal sky in Greece. Thus I was close to the sea each time I made the photos, they're a bit blurred, but since it is absolutely dark there, you're able to watch our galaxy and several nebulae with a binocular only. If I find the photos, I'll show you one!

Maria TunVrrtep

Congratulations!

My guesses are
1. T
2. F
3. F

I don't know why. 

ta TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Hufwe Atxur

Okay, as I promised here is a picture of the second palulukantsyìp:

Puvomun

WOU! That is a nice cat-face!!!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eana Tanhì

Congrats ma Hufwe Atxur  :)

I can see from this that you are very similar to me in your interests...

I'm going to study computer science in 2011 too...
I am a Stargate fan ;)

Quote#16: If you were granted one single wish what would it be?

Knowledge about the universe.
I think my wish would be the same... I love anything connected to the universe  :)

I love reading too, and I am a lover in fantasy and sci-fi...
I would choose pirate from the same reason :P

my guess is TTF  :)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Dreamlight

Another beautiful cat.  Cute too.

I love cats.  Cats are the highest form of life on earth.  >^..^<
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Ftiafpi

Kaltxì ma Hufwe Atxur! I'm glad to see you as NotW, I remember back when you first joined as Gandalf. Wow, May 22nd, though. I had no idea that you hadn't seen the movie until then, that's "very sad only" but at least you got to see it. I'm sure you'll find some way to see it in 3D and you totally should, it's definitely worth it.

Congrats on the NotW.

Puvomun

Quote from: Ftiafpi on December 10, 2010, 09:37:35 AM
I'm sure you'll find some way to see it in 3D and you totally should, it's definitely worth it.
Mllte!! I saw the 3D 3 times, and it was inspiring all the way :D

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Hufwe Atxur

Do you want to make me jealous, ma Puvomun? ;D Unfortunately, Austria was one of the places on Earth where you couldn't watch the re-release.

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on December 09, 2010, 04:00:13 PMI'm going to study computer science in 2011 too...
I am a Stargate fan ;)
At least there are some other SG-fans around here. But I (also?) really look forward to study computer science.

Quote from: Ftiafpi on December 10, 2010, 09:37:35 AM
Kaltxì ma Hufwe Atxur! I'm glad to see you as NotW, I remember back when you first joined as Gandalf. Wow, May 22nd, though. I had no idea that you hadn't seen the movie until then, that's "very sad only" but at least you got to see it. I'm sure you'll find some way to see it in 3D and you totally should, it's definitely worth it.
Congrats on the NotW.

Unfortunately I never thought that there would be a movie that is better or equal for be to LotR, so I did not watch it. Sometimes, I can really hate my pig-head, so in this case. But thanks - I hope too that I get the chance to watch it in 3D since the only films I watched so were Space-Shuttle documentations.