NotW #°36: Lance R. Casey

Started by Lance R. Casey, November 08, 2010, 07:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on November 11, 2010, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: Kì'eyawn on November 11, 2010, 09:40:46 AM
If ever we should meet, remind me that i must tell you my story about the Angry German Physicist.

Is he by any chance related to Mr. Fonclbrisch? ;D
Ah, mr Fonclbrisch, my idol :P

Anyway, conga-rats, ma tsmukan ^^

(P.S. why is it that all Swedes like Robyn? I just don't get it)

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Prrton on November 11, 2010, 01:14:51 PM

OMG They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

wm.annis

majQa'!

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on November 08, 2010, 07:10:14 AM
   1. I know the first 1000 decimals of pi by heart.
   2. I received a request to aid a foreign politician in his personal campaign for parliament -- and complied.
   3. I have met Leonard Nimoy in person.

Hrm. TFT?

Lance R. Casey

Quote from: Nyx on November 11, 2010, 07:36:32 PM

Probably in no small part because she belongs to a trio of Swedish artists, E-Type and Magnus Uggla being the others, who have an eerie knack for producing songs (or at least refrains) which plant themselves firmly in your mind, regardless of what you think of the music or the artists as such. ;)

// Lance R. Casey

Carborundum

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on November 12, 2010, 06:08:21 AM

Probably in no small part because she belongs to a trio of Swedish artists, E-Type and Magnus Uggla being the others, who have an eerie knack for producing songs (or at least refrains) which plant themselves firmly in your mind, regardless of what you think of the music or the artists as such. ;)
Blä.
F/T/T
A thousand decimals just seems... excessive. I once learned 50, which was fairly easy, but actually remembering them for more than a few days seems like it would take an unreasonable amount of time.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Nyx

Quote from: Carborundum on November 12, 2010, 08:02:26 AM
Quote from: Lance R. Casey on November 12, 2010, 06:08:21 AM

Blä.
Seconded. But Lance is right about them being catchy :P

I forgot to take a guess on the Ng/Ts thing, so here goes: Ng/Ts/Ng

Lance R. Casey

Tse, set 'eri'a fìtrr akinä ulte lu oeru tìkin a oeyä pxevurvitsyìpìri wìntxu tìngayit:

False.
There was a time some years ago when I used the pi-trainer as a pastime, increasing my ability regularly, and at the height of it I could sustain 700 digits stably. Now the years have passed, and without training these things tend to fade. I tried it again just now, however, and after a few attempts managed to attain 285. Funny how much sticks anyway; I can recall long sequences other than that, but not their order or position in the string. For example, I know that the last digits leading up to position 333 (a previous intermediate goal of mine) are 006606315588174881520920962, but the intervening ones escape me. Oh well...

2. I received a request to aid a foreign politician in his personal campaign for parliament -- and complied.
True.
Remember this? He did gain a seat, but whether my "aid" was instrumental or detrimental is unknown...
(Also, as usual, the media got things backwards. There is indeed a Klingon word for "green" -- it's just that it covers both "blue" and "yellow" as well...)

False.
I have, however, met another Vulcan, in the form of Tim Russ (Tuvok) at a Swedish Star Trek convention in 2004. I even have a signed photograph of the encounter to prove it. :)
I have also been in close proximity to Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, Alexander Siddig, Kate Mulgrew and The Shat, plus a number of "minor" series actors such as Chase Masterson and the guy who plays Morn. This was at a Creation convention in London which coincided with the premiere of STX as well as a gigantic Star Trek exhibition, so a trio of us .se geeks thought "what the heck" and went.

So, seems like I fooled most (but not all) of you! ;D

// Lance R. Casey

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on November 14, 2010, 05:04:14 AM
Tse, set 'eri'a fìtrr akinä ulte lu oeru tìkin a oeyä pxevurvitsyìpìri wìntxu tìngayit:

False.
There was a time some years ago when I used the pi-trainer as a pastime, increasing my ability regularly, and at the height of it I could sustain 700 digits stably. Now the years have passed, and without training these things tend to fade. I tried it again just now, however, and after a few attempts managed to attain 285. Funny how much sticks anyway; I can recall long sequences other than that, but not their order or position in the string. For example, I know that the last digits leading up to position 333 (a previous intermediate goal of mine) are 006606315588174881520920962, but the intervening ones escape me. Oh well...

True.
Remember this? He did gain a seat, but whether my "aid" was instrumental or detrimental is unknown...
(Also, as usual, the media got things backwards. There is indeed a Klingon word for "green" -- it's just that it covers both "blue" and "yellow" as well...)

False.
I have, however, met another Vulcan, in the form of Tim Russ (Tuvok) at a Swedish Star Trek convention in 2004. I even have a signed photograph of the encounter to prove it. :)
I have also been in close proximity to Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, Alexander Siddig, Kate Mulgrew and The Shat, plus a number of "minor" series actors such as Chase Masterson and the guy who plays Morn. This was at a Creation convention in London which coincided with the premiere of STX as well as a gigantic Star Trek exhibition, so a trio of us .se geeks thought "what the heck" and went.

So, seems like I fooled most (but not all) of you! ;D

Cool.

I Met Michael Dorn, Will Wheaton, LeVar Burton, and Jonathan Frakes at various conventions.  Frakes seems to be the least likable in person, and Will is apparently a germ-a-phobe now he is still very friendly to talk to.
私は太った男だ。