NotW #38: Talis

Started by Talis, January 03, 2011, 11:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talis

Sorry but I didn't managed to translate all my answers into the language of the Na'vi ulte neither my Na'vi nor my English is that good ;)

Quote from: Question #1Who are you?
My name is Maximilian Reinhart. I was born on the 23th of May 1991, which means at the moment I'm 19 years old. I'm living in Kiel (Germany) and still going to school. So most of the time which I would probably spend on learning Na'vi, I'm sleeping in class.
My parents are divorced but this is ok for me, they don't quarrel and everything is fine :)
My foreign language is German and I can speak some English but that's it.

Quote from: Question #2Why are you here?
When I first saw the movie I fell in love with Neytiri - stupid thing :D
I wanted to reach her, well knowing to act like an idiot (I never told anyone of my friends in real life, so feel honored! :D )
Then I found the language, found this forum, found friends, found people which were freaks as me and nowadays I'm in love with the language, not Neytiri anymore. I love the sound, the differences to any language known to me. I would have probably given up right in the beginning if there hadn't be some Germans who created worksheets to learn easily. Once I had started, I don't want to give up, because of the time and the effort I put in here.
That's why I decided to stay here and that's why I'm here now :)
Back in January 2010 I spend about 5 to 10 hours each day in the forum, nowadays I just come in to see if something's new and leave again. That means I spend about 30 minutes a day in the forum.

Quote from: Question #3Where do your alias and profile pic come from?
"Talis" is an name I'm using since long ago. I played LARP with my older brother and therefore I needed a name for my character. "Talis" - I think it developed from the German word "Talisman" ~ well same in English I think ;)
And it's me on my profile picture.

Quote from: Question #4Srak nga tsun nìna'vi pivlltxe?
Yes, I can speak the language of the Na'vi at least a bit.
Well as I said in Q2 I wanted to reach something closer to Neytiri and that's why I started learning a fictional language. I didn't make a secrete of learning this language but I maybe should have. My parents and most of my friends made and make fun of me the whole time concerning "Na'''''vi" - you maybe know that when you correct someone and pronounce the glottal stop correctly and they just make fun of you again and knowingly over doing it completely. But time brings change: some of them starting to interest themselves, telling me they look up to me because I'm learning and learning and speaking a language, which "doesn't even exist" (and I always correct them :D "It does!" ). I'm learning the vocabularies by using "jmemorize", the rest by talking to others via Skype.
Of cause I want to be good enough to speak fluently, but my first goal was to sing nìna'vi - this I have already reached :)

Quote from: Question #5What's you favorite Na'vi word? Did you incorporate it (or others) into your everyday vocab?
I'm not quite sure if I got a favorite word... but I think I like "pxesrrmrrvam/ay", "atxkxe", "kllpxìltu" and "kxangangang" the most, nevertheless I never incorporate them or others in my everyday vocab. Not yet ;)

Quote from: Question #6In your opinion, what are the top three user-created content on the LN website?
As I said in Q2 it were the worksheets which kept me here, so I love all of them ;)
Some were good, some not that good, but the fact is that (except they provide wrong content) all of them can help. Someone worked on it and spend time creating it, that's why I like them.
This goes especially for the "Na'vi in a nutshell", the "Taronyu" (I mean the dictionary ;) ) and the Prezi lessons. At this point I want to thank all creators, researchers and translators for their work, thank you all!
Well, if this just counts as one, I'll say: "the feeling of the community" as second top-content.
In fact it isn't downloadable or really visual but it's cool. We're all learners, and everybody help where they can. I think this two were actually many more than three top-contents, and still there are many more. It's just great to be here!

Quote from: Question #7Have you made any contributions to the LN community that you're particularly proud of?
I did some singing, that's all.
I worked on the translation of the Christmas carols AP Nova mentioned before and also sung and recorded them.
Another song-project was the "Song about the Story of Avatar" which a friend of mine (Kifkey Tìranyu) has written and I sung and recorded the "campfire version" where he is playing the guitar.
I think that's all I've done until now but I think I will sing and sing and sing again :)

Quote from: Question #8What is it that you liked/hated the most about Avatar ?
I've seen Avatar three times in Cinema. Two times the "2009-version", and the last time the "+8min-version". At home I watched it... sometimes but not more than 20 times.
I liked the 3D effect and Neytiri. I hated Quaritch and this company leader.
Except of "the movie is too short - I want to see more of Pandora!!!" there is nothing to criticize ;) :D

Quote from: Question #9Has Avatar  changed your life in any way?
Avatar changed my life not that much... oh well I just spend some time learning Na'vi ;)
to be hounest: I'm think we will kill our mother but I still don't do anything against it, except searching with "ecosia.org"... And everytime I think about it I feel dirty :( but I'm lazy :/

Quote from: Question #10If you could ask Frommer or Cameron three movie or language related questions what would they be?
Cameron: Can you please tell me what Avatar II and III will be about?
(Please do your best to reach the top, like you managed to do with Avatar I ! you can do it!!!)
Frommer: Why don't you make some new words used as relative-pronoun in case of case-changes? e.g.: Normally: The person whom I gave the book is intelligent. We just got "a" and that's nominative... so we have to say "Kanu lu tute a fìtuteru tamìng pukit oel.".
Why not e.g. put the case-postfix on "a"? "Kanu lu tute a-ru tamìng pukit oel."

Quote from: Question #11What else do you do in you free time?
I'm training Seven Star Mantis Kung Fu. I'm a boy scout. I got singing lessons. I'm playing computergames and doing LARP.
Quote from: Question #12Name your top three favorite Earth animals from most favorite to least. Why those? What's the animal you're most terrified of?
I never thought about that before so... it's just a quick brainstorming:
1. Falcon
because I think it is cool to carry one on your arm and then he strikes out to hunt with strength, speed and precision! It's a feeling of freedom isn't it? I would think of him like a friend :)
2. Royal Python
they are big... and... lazy... and big... and strong - well I have no idea, but I like them :D
3.Lamb
I'm sorry for this.... but... I like them... to eat... that's why... and they're cute  ;D

Most terrified of: sharks? hmm something little which can kill you and you don't see it. But I don't know which animal it could be...

Quote from: Question #13Pirate, ninja, zombie, or robot?
I don't want to have any. I'm happy when life keeps rolling like it does... but some money would be great :D
Quote from: Question #14What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
1. A sleeping bag for cold nights with an inlet which can be used in case of sand storms for keeping the sand of me.
2. A big bottle of Water wrapped in a plastic bag. Water is very important, and with the bag I'll be able to get new water from everything which contains at least a bit of water. I just dig a hole (30x30x30cm) in the ground, put my opened bottle and some water containing things in the middle and cover the hole with the bag. Then I'll fix the bag to the edges and put some weight in the middle so that what condense beneath the plastic runs in my bottle. Done :)
3. A knife to hunt and kill animals and to cut plants if there exist some. That way I can eat them more easily.

Quote from: Question #15If you could travel to anywhere in space and time (including fictional universes), where would you go and why?
Somewhere without humans, or just some who know to save and respect nature. Somewhere in the Rainforest or at least a forest. Not a desert. I want to climb trees, hunt and ... life in mud and be happy about it ;)
Quote from: Question #16If you were granted one single wish what would it be?
No more wars anymore, peace to the world!

Quote from: Question #17What is a question you'd ask yourself? How would you answer it?
Would you like to be a Na'vi? - Yes, at least to be an Avatar-operator would be great!

Quote from: Question #18True or false?
1. I painted myself blue to feel more like a Na'vi and went to the cinema to watch Avatar.
2. I visited the first Avatar-fan-meeting in Germany and traveled about 1200km to manage that.
3. My writing nìna'vi got less mistakes than my German writing.

Quote from: Question #19: My Life is AVTRWhat is the funniest, weirdest, or most embarrassing Na'vi or Avatar  related thing that has happened to you?
There are several tings... first in a Latin-translation test in school... I saw this word... "tam" in Latin it means "to such a degree", "so", "so far"... you may know what I thought xD
Another time my father did make fun of me and "spoke Na'''''vi" well... he just said some konsonants and added a very thrilled "rr" ... he said... "trr srr krr mrr" ... I could not even say something against it, because his pronunciation was correct :/ it just made no sense :D
And the last thing: In German class I read a text and suddenly there were a word I did not know: "fer"... I know that it's a verb and that the person who did that were happy about that... but I didn't know what it's meaning was! ... then I saw... it was a noun, and I just mentally cut out the Infix <ei> - "Feier" [German word for "festival, party"].

Quote from: Question #20: Bonus QuestionWould you like to travel to Pandora or not? What would you do there?

If you mean the fictional "Pandora" then: Yes, I would like to! Because I like the flora and fauna on Pandora, it's so beautiful :) I want to life there, in harmony with the nature, hunt, climb and so on ~ well if I could go there, I would change my whish from Q16 to: "I want to be a Na'vi" :D

So, that's it.
My question for the next NotW is: "Imagen you have got two sons - one weak, the other strong. Both wish for schooling, but you can only send one. Whom do you choose?"

Kìyevame ulte Eywa ayngahu!
ta Talis

AP Nova

I really like some of your answers, especially the story about "F<ei>er" and I appreciate your honesty in answering because you didn't always chose the answer "the board would like to hear"

1. I painted myself blue to feel more like a Na'vi and went to the cinema to watch Avatar.

I think it's true, because there has to be at least one thing that is true.

2. I visited the first Avatar-fan-meeting in Germany and traveled about 1200km to manage that.

I think it's false, because I don't know why you'd have to travel about 1200 km to a meeting in Germany when you're living in Germany. Maybe you visited other members during the same trip, but I think that wouldn't "cost" a few hundret kilometers extra.

3. My writing nìna'vi got less mistakes than my German writing.

I also think this is false, because you said that you don't think that you're someone who is very advanced in the use of Na'vi and I just don't think that your German is that bad.

Plumps

Whoot whoot ;D

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Maksì 8) for being Na'vi of the Week!

I agree with Nova, I like your answers because they are true to yourself – I'm not taking any guesses ;) that would spoil the fun :D

'Just singing' – c'mon, I remember that you recorded most of the example words of dict-navi.com, you actually created your own learning material about the pronouns and you proof-read several versions of translations or learning material and thereby helping others. I think that counts for something ;)

Keep up your positive attitude ulte rutxe, var rivol frakrr! :)

überdoodlet

Cool, cool.

I say False, True, True.

Yayo

Congratulations, Tails.
:o I was just in Kiel! I asked whether or not anyone lived in the places I was traveling to (Kiel being one). So, we could've met up and I would've helped you with your English (and Na'vi).

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan ulte seykxel sì nitram ma Talis

Congratulations on being chosen Na`vi of the week!

Your singing on the Christmas carols nìna`vi is very nice. I am hoping to learn these well, and a better recording of them could hardly exist.

Your animal choices are most interesting. As far as I can remember, you are the first person to list any kind of raptor as their first choice. 'Royal python' threw me for a loop at first because the name implies a large python, such as a Burmese of African rock python. But it turns out that a Royal python is really just a different name for the common ball python that are popular as pets. (We have a couple at the zoo, and are one of the favorite animals that volunteers like to handle.) It is also interesting that you like lambs-- as food! I, too love lamb, and am the only person in my extended family who regularly eats it. From your other references about survival and hunting, it sounds like you, too are more or less a 'carnivore'.

As far as your N/T questions, go, I am going to guess N/T/T, for the same reasons that AP Nova gave.

In any case, I look forward to hearing more of your singing!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ekirä

Congrats ma Talis! I'll guess True, True, False.

I owned a royal python (although I know them as Ball Pythons like `Eylan Ayfalulukanä said). Very sweet animals, mine was totally docile and would mostly just sleep. :D I'd take him out every Halloween wrapped around my neck, many people thought he was fake. ::)

Dreamlight

Conga-rats.  :D

True, true, false.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

'Oma Tirea

Seykxel sì nitram ;D Another Dict-Na'vi member takes the stage.

Guessing: C/G/G ;)

...ulte HRRHWÌN @ #19 :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Congratulations ma Talis!! ;D  I'm a Boy Scout as well. ;D

Hmm...T,T,F. ::)

Taronyu

Congrats dude. Wish I knew Deutsch.

Let's not start calling it the 'taronyu', ok?  ::) :P

TTT?

Talis

Quote from: Taronyu on January 05, 2011, 09:25:08 AM

Sorry for that, it wasn't supposed to bother you, it's just in my mind since the first days  ::)

Eana Tanhì

congrats ma Talis :)

My guess is FTT  ::)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Taronyu

Quote from: Talis on January 05, 2011, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Taronyu on January 05, 2011, 09:25:08 AM

Sorry for that, it wasn't supposed to bother you, it's just in my mind since the first days  ::)

Kea tìkin. :)

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Cool beans.

My guess is T/F/F
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Talis

Quote3: True, beacause that (if it's true) is awsome!
or just sad, very sad only  :P  :D

Plumps

Quote from: Talis on January 07, 2011, 10:58:42 AM
Quote3: True, beacause that (if it's true) is awsome!
or just sad, very sad only  :P  :D
... or committed, very committed only ;D

Lisa

Seykxel sì nitram, ma Talis!

Lu ngaru mokri alor!   I am most impressed.  :)

I guess I'll say ngay/ngay/tsleng on the questions.    Pxesìpe'un angäzìk.   :)
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

zineketaye

Seykxel sì nitram!

I take the chance to thank for the songs and the examples on dict-navi.
("You sound very formal" on the latter, don't you ?  :) )

I guess: F/T/T

Projektprozente:
1 (aU): 5,0; 2: 0,0; 3: 26,3 (31,0; 26,3; 32,4)

Talis

The new NotW has already posted, so I'm going to tell you which one is true and which one is not:

The first thing is FALSE! I never painted blue and never saw the movie while being coloured - I would never do that!  :o  :P ;D

It's true I visited the first Avatar-fan-meeting in Germany and well had to travel about 600km to Würzburg and than again about 600km back to Kiel - so it's true. 1200km to get there (well sorry, maybe it wasn't clear enough that I meant both ways).

And well... I'm not really shure, but I got a "reading and writing handicap" (don't know how to call in English :/ ) and I about 40 mistakes in 300 words. nìtoitsye - I think my writing in Na'vi is better :D ;D
so I would say it's true ;)

What exactly do you mean with
Quote("You sound very formal" on the latter, don't you ?)
ma zineketaye?
Do you mean my NotW-Post or the recordings on dict-navi?  ???  :D